# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2013 Part 21

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-20-a.html

D
Old 08-28-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh dear, I have nothing in my kitchen/pantry that even remotely resembles that dessert pizza, Crois.

I guess I'll have to eat a slipcover . . .
Old 08-28-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm knackered from being out my feet hurt and I was drinking water and ended up waiting over 20 mins to find a bathroom

So I got my trainers and I found a different colour windrunner then I saw a tag saying their only £20 I was laughing I asked the girls who served me and she said yep so got to the checkout and they said £50 I was like the girl said £20 she replied I know it happened this morning to someone else

So ended up paying £50 which is still £15 off their Rrp so not back I'm tired though

So here are my new walking shoes

Old 08-28-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Oh dear, I have nothing in my kitchen/pantry that even remotely resembles that dessert pizza, Crois.

I guess I'll have to eat a slipcover . . .
It's pretty delicious, but totally evil. Chocolate brownie, cherries, shortbread crumble and berry sauce...on a sweet pizza base.

Well, I'm off to bed. Still feeling stuffed full hours after I finished eating. Carb hangover tomorrow, no doubt. And I just remembered, my hip joints ache when I eat big carb meals now. Annoying how we forget just how rough some things make us feel.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Croiss its sounds delightful
Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The trainers look great, SW! Hope they're much more comfortable.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Gilmer
Old 08-28-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Snoozy
Old 08-28-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I need to be honest with you all - I am back on Day 3. Feeling very disappointed, frustrated and sad that I am having such a hard time getting back on track. Feel like I will never beat this. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing about my repeated slips so sorry, I will post again when I am stronger. I still want sobriety and will continue to fight this. I just don't know why it is so hard this time around. You all are amazing and have helped me more than you know so thank you. I will be back.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think these two links are probably two of the most useful I've ever read for making a good solid recovery plan, ladybug.

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf
https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...SMA12-4474.pdf

You can do this - don't let anyone tell you you can't- not even yourself.

D
Old 08-28-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leshar I saw you online before - I hope you're doing ok?

D
Old 08-28-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,
I need to be honest with you all - I am back on Day 3. Feeling very disappointed, frustrated and sad that I am having such a hard time getting back on track. Feel like I will never beat this. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing about my repeated slips so sorry, I will post again when I am stronger. I still want sobriety and will continue to fight this. I just don't know why it is so hard this time around. You all are amazing and have helped me more than you know so thank you. I will be back.
Ladybug. I have to say this. When I have slipped, staying away from here is the worst thing I can do. I don't know if you rememeber, but I hate counting days, and I just found until I stopped my own cart from wobbling, there was no point (for me), in writing, 2 days, or 3 days or whatever, because it just put too much huge pressure to not "fail".

I had to get away from counting days, and figure out why I actually wanted to stay sober, and that became my daily ritual, not just the racking up days. I feel like you are a little isolated as it is with the girls and drinking is a release, a false sense of a bit of relaxation. I'm an alcoholic, of course I understand. But we are all here, and it would make me very sad to think you felt like a failure and couldn't post. Because you aren't failing, you do want this, but are locked in that terrible cycle of "just one more time".

The point has to come when you are so sick of it and can't take any more.

But we will always be here.xx
Old 08-28-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for the links Dee. I am going to read them tonight and this weekend.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Ladybug. I have to say this. When I have slipped, staying away from here is the worst thing I can do. I don't know if you rememeber, but I hate counting days, and I just found until I stopped my own cart from wobbling, there was no point (for me), in writing, 2 days, or 3 days or whatever, because it just put too much huge pressure to not "fail".

I had to get away from counting days, and figure out why I actually wanted to stay sober, and that became my daily ritual, not just the racking up days. I feel like you are a little isolated as it is with the girls and drinking is a release, a false sense of a bit of relaxation. I'm an alcoholic, of course I understand. But we are all here, and it would make me very sad to think you felt like a failure and couldn't post. Because you aren't failing, you do want this, but are locked in that terrible cycle of "just one more time".

The point has to come when you are so sick of it and can't take any more.

But we will always be here.xx
Croissant, thank you. Reading this brought tears to my eyes because you are so right in every aspect. It's amazing how alone I feel with this struggle until I come here. Much love and thanks. I know you get it and I value and appreciate your advice xxxx
Old 08-28-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Please don't stop posting here. We're here for you whether you're on day one or one thousand, Ladybug. Croissant is right--every day one is a success because it means you're still trying. And I always love that old saying: Don't quit trying just before the miracle happens.

I know I had no idea that my last drink was going to be my last drink, but something changed in those early days of May 2015 and I'm finding a little more peace and happiness every single day since that miracle happened. It can happen for you too. Just keep trying. You'll figure out what works for you if you do.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Croissant, thank you. Reading this brought tears to my eyes because you are so right in every aspect. It's amazing how alone I feel with this struggle until I come here. Much love and thanks. I know you get it and I value and appreciate your advice xxxx

It teared me up too Ladybug. Crois is our Julyers councelor lol.
I hope me having slipped has not triggered you LB , I would feel just awful.

We need to keep helping each other cos eventually it's gonna happen.
I Just don't know where I would be now without you guys. I know it would be even worse & that's scary,

Dee thanks for the links you gave to LB , I think you've given them to me before but I'm going to read them again.

Wolfster ! The shoes are perfect. Love the colours. They are even nicer than the 2 pair you showed us. Job well done

Case you amaze me every day. You are just going from strength to strength xx

Hiya Gilmer and Leigh :-) must be your morning about now xx what are your plans today Girls ?

Are you working today Bob :/ if so , take it easy my friend xxxxx

Leshar , darling , pop in and say hi . We miss you Hun let's have a chat

How are you going Nikki been a while since you posted xx

Hiya Wehav2day & gorgeous Venuscat , hope you are well xx

I had this dream about our group last night and we were all chatting away in a circle then Pete stood up and said he got drunk at his wedding .

Pete !!!!!!!! For my sake , lol pleaseeeeeeee post about your wonderful day .

We are dying to hear about it xxx
Old 08-29-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ladybug first off your a julyer we stick together D links are solid thinking of you you can do this

Hi Casey, Snooz, Bob, Leshar, Croiss, D, Leigh, Gilmer

Ladybug if you ever want to talk night or day I'm there and that goes for anyone you have taught me so much here Julyers & i m proud to be a 2013 Julyer on this journey together

Old 08-29-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wolfy I love you xxxx
Old 08-29-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've been so good today guys, went to work. I had the option to have these 2 days off but I knew I would drink.

So up at 6 showered , washed my hair, shaved my legs , good grief !!!!! What an ordeal. It's was winter harvesting before spring sets in in a few days.

I coulda made a whole new pet with all that hair!

Anyhow tmi lol. I worked really well, my back felt a lot better which in turn cheered me up.

Had a lovely lunch with all my nursey mates.

Came home took a calming tab which my doc has given me before I enter rehab.

Put the pjs on , Shaun picked Holly up from work and is now taking her to Kapunda. I'm not capabable of doing that one and a half hour drive for obvious reasons. I can't concentrate .

She is so proud of me today it brought tears to my eyes. How sad to be proud of your Mum for not being pissed one day omg!

It is what it is and I saw the joy on her face.
I feel very positive today.
Life is going to be good with all you guys for me to lean on.

Thanks for everything my beautiful mates xxx
Old 08-29-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day Snooz

I'm off out with Mrs sw be back later guys