Notices

While the Cat's Away...

Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

While the Cat's Away...

No idea what happened in my oh-so-long thread/discussion, but after a returning from some summer travels, I found a few responses posted on my very long deliberation and discussion on a topic of great importance to me equated to "throwing stones" - or even troll-like behavior.

Thanks to a moderator here who stepped in and ended things. Fortunately for the many kind people who have been supportive of me - yes, even those who have done so in "firm and assertive" - and dare I say somewhat confrontational ways at times - the thread remains as both a journal record and reference for me and anyone who has found the discussion or any aspect or information contained in it to be useful.

I am so grateful for all who have added to the discussion and will resume when I am feeling a little less "put on" or needing to defend myself. Overall, this is a very safe and supportive place to be and I won't let the zeal or heavy bias of one or a scant few people destroy that.

If anyone comes across this that has followed my thread, a big "Hello!", and l hope to hear from you again soon, once we (my family and I) acclimate to the fall schedule and "normal" challenges being tossed our way.

I only hope to resume without interference from baseless, odd claims and cruel charges - things I grew to take for granted didn't happen here. But we're all human and fighting our respective fights and demons, aren't we?

Best to you all,

Bob
Old 08-27-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Bob

My advice is you're best to focus on the things that help and support you here.

For the rest we have the report post button or the ignore function
Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.

Welcome back

D
Old 08-27-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk
Old 08-28-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Bob.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"Wife falsely claims abuse"... remnants of a long and long-past thread.

Thanks guys - - I know its been quite a while (again) but nice to see a couple friendly posts. And...

I didn't know about that ignore function! Well, some of that stuff happened after I had left for a vacation and put all this aside for a time; Kinda strange how things degenerated but everyone has their own nique reactions to things ;-)

As many have said, "take what you like and leave the rest" or something like that.

I got a lot of good stuff from this place (including a sense of refuge in a mostly friendly environment).

Maybe its time to come back. I literally left off my life where I left off the "story" (thread) and not a lot has happened for better or worse. You might say things have stagnated, which, I guess, beats going down the tubes, but it sure could be better too. As the old man in that great Monty Python film said before getting clubbed by the body collector, "I'm not dead yet!"

See ya

Bob
Old 11-04-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Bob