http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-18-a-20.html

D
Old 08-21-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.
Have a good weekend too.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Octobers. My daughter took early morning puppy duty and let me sleep in! Just waking up now. . I don't typically slew this late, but have been tired getting up at 5-6 each morning. She has been great with the puppy work. I need to let her know that.

Still have not got my lobsters. $5.99 per pound this week. Maybe today.

Thanks for the weed advice, arbor. Will look for that pre emergent.

Those work changes sound stressful, Mark. Is it too revealing to disclose the kind of work that you do? Just curious, but totally understand if you prefer not to disclose.

No plans this weekend. Puppy has US on a short leash, lol. Maybe we can find a dog friendly place to go for a family outing, or do a 3 hour or so outing without him.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning phoebe, glad you got some extra zzzz's this morning.

My weekend plans will involve a good bit of time on the laptop....but I also may work on an outside project I've been putting off due to the heat.

I own a business that falls under the healthcare umbrella. It started off as a partnership years ago and while it was still struggling to get off the ground my partner pulled out. This individual is wealthy and it wasn't a big deal for them, but it left me holding the basket with all my eggs in it. This was the same year that my father was in his last months of life and my mother was also recovering from cancer. My grandmother passed away as well. I had tremendous financial stress which I shielded from my family because of the other things going on. It took a toll on me and I probably should have not handled it that way.

I have an educational background in my specific area and also had gotten an MBA.....but it was mostly working my tail off for years that ultimately resulted in things really taking off in the past number of years. Thankfully we're enjoying significant growth....but these things have to be handled with care. I feel the pressure at times of the employees I have that depend on me to make good decisions. Anyway, we are expanding the scope of my business and it has involved a significant investment in equipment/training etc.. All good stuff, but its a whirlwind of things that I have to be on top of so that I can provide leadership.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, that all sounds exciting and scary, all at once, Mark! Good for you for keeping it going under all of that stress and glad you are now seeing some rewards. And, sobriety can only help you manage all of that! I have some understanding of all the documentation involved in anything healthcare related, and insurance regs if it is anything to to with patient care. Ugh.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Haha Mark! I work for the government. We hate clear guidelines. If it's clear what we are supposed to be doing, then we might actually get busted for failing to do it. We can't have that!

I joke...but it's true.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's very frustrating to deal with Briar.

You can call the various 'help lines' to get clarification on certain things and sit on hold FOREVER and then get a different answer each time you call. But business owners better get it right. Maddening.

I hope the birthday party for your little one is a huge hit. We used those jumpy things several times and was always a success.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ahhhh...health care. I wonder how lucrative a business like that is. I hear our company rates are now going up 15%. Take, take, take. My paycheck seems to be getting smaller by the year.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Finally did it!

Made a little lobster salad. It is chilling now.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That looks GOOOOOOD to me! I'm officially jealous.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice job Phoebe! Looks great! What's the foil about? Did you steam them in it? I always find its best to steam them. 13 minutes will do.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Nice job Phoebe! Looks great! What's the foil about? Did you steam them in it? I always find its best to steam them. 13 minutes will do.
The store steamed them for me, and it is how they packed them up for me to take them home. Saves a little cleanup to have them do it for me. It is free.

I had a sandwich tonight and still have enough for another. But really, not a high yield. Next time I would get 3 of the chicken lobsters. I went up to the select size for just another $1 per pound, but not sure I got that much more meat. 3 smaller ones would cost about the same, I think. Maybe will have to try again on Sunday, lol. 3 day sale. I just use a New England style hot do bun, but toast it with garlic/Parmesan butter on the sides.

Ummm, kids and hubby got hot dogs, lol. Everyone was happy, though...
Old 08-21-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh god Mark, imagine trying to straighten the government from the inside. It's maddening. Right now I'm trying to convince my branch that we need to be doing particular things because they are mandated by law. Required. I didn't make this crap up, folks, it's in the government code. Another thing came up the other day that we are required to do but can't because there isn't another law to tell us specifically how to do it. And it's a very simple thing. I walk out of that place shaking my head most days, like "what?!"

If they put as much energy into doing things as they put into finding ways to avoid doing things...they would do all the things!

Okay. Now I'm hungry. That looks amazing.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is mind blowing Briar. I'm not necessarily anti-government, but I feel that the government should set the highest standards of efficiency In how it uses the resources it derives from citizens through taxation, regulatory fees etc.. Sadly that's not the case and it seems to be getting worse.

Another craving today at the same time.....what's up with that random stuff? Got the house to myself for a while and I welcome some quiet time.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I guess it's all part of this thing Mark, and one of the reasons we check in with each other and stay mindful. Cravings come up. Sure, there can be triggers, but sometimes it feels like it's out of thin air. The beauty is we don't have to listen to these random thoughts; we have choices. And each other, of course, and that is a wonderful blessing.

The only stuff I know about government regulations is in relation to aged-care.
And I know how crazy that stuff was to work through. And frustrating.
Ironically, after changing my mind a few times, I am now considering going back into it. If I can make it work financially, there is no more rewarding job for me...I am looking into it again today.

I admire how hard you have worked to provide for your family Mark, and I hope you are proud of yourself. You really should be. All of you are pretty amazing in fact. Wonderful careers, and exceptional parents.

Lobster sandwiches huh, not something I have heard of before. Glad you enjoyed your dinner phoebe!

I looked up Preen again Arbor, and it does seem to be safe for dogs as long as you keep them away from the treatment until the granules are watered. Sorry about that, but after working in a Veterinary Clinic for years, I am very cautious. I saw a lot of very sick animals.

Can't wait to see happy kid birthday pics form Briar's house tomorrow!!!

Where is Conquest?

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 08-21-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's true V, we don't have to listen. I feel much freer knowing that. Today I was at the grocery store and passed one of the 5,000 wine displays (I swear the stores here have more wine then food!). As I've done for months, I started to snarl at it like a scared animal. But then I realized I was in control, and it couldn't get me because I had decided so. So then I confidently walked by like "haha! Screw you, fellas!" We do have the power to protect ourselves.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well done Briar!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes, Briar, wine is everywhere there!! BTDT. Lost sobriety there a few years ago.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've missed yall a bunch! Totally ok, just busy with work. I also work for the government in...get this... Mental health care.
A lot of my work involves partnering with schools, so this is a busy time of year for me.

I've gotta go back and catch up on the thread!!! My two favorite boys are going to the hunting spot for the weekend so it's just me at home for the weekend. Hopefully, I'll get my sleep, laundry, and paperwork caught up. I'm really looking forward to Sunday church service. It's become "my time". If yall remember, it was something I decided to try in December and have enjoyed ever since. Good people. Positive message. Re focus. All good.

Scrolling back and sending big hugs all around!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thats a great realization Briar. Very empowering. I did have to chuckle at the snarling. Makes me miss sparkos and his hissing.

Great to see you Conquest.