Notices

Latramogine

Old 08-06-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Latramogine

Does anybody have any experience with this medication my psych prescribed it for me and the fact that you could have a seizure if you quit taking it all of a sudden I am diagnosed bipolar but I find for the past couple years that I have had more depressed episodes than anything and I wish I could find a dr that would just give me an antidepressant
Old 08-06-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lamictal? Yes I was prescribed that about three months ago. Before that I was on an anti-psychotic and SSRI which made me severely depressed. I was switched to the anti-epileptic Lamictal/Lamotrigine and the only side effects I was told of was a severe rash that can occur and vivid dreams. I didn't get a rash but I can attest to the weird vivid dreams. I have had extremely vivid often lucid dreams ever since I started taking it.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But do find that it helps with depression? I have not had a manic episode in a long time if I get overwhelmed I more tend to be angry and break things and that only happens probably like 4 times a year
Old 08-07-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As far as I know it basically treats both sides mania and depression. I have gone through bouts of depression on Lamictal. Nothing as severe as when I was on Abilify and Zoloft. But then I had a lot more drama in my life when I was on those and resolved several major issues since then. I don't know, is it the Lamictal that relieved my depression or was it the getting outside and running with people getting sunlight and making several positive lifestyle changes. Maybe Lamictal is part of that but it would be hard for me to really tell.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just started this about 2wks ago. I was diagnosed bipolar. The side effects aren't bad compared to others ive tried. I take 25mg twice a day. My side effects so far are: Dull pain in thighs and lower back, nausea, and feeling angry/irritated after my first dose of the day. I also take ativan for panic attacks, and trazadone for depression/insomnia...feel free to pm me 😊