Notices

anyone been in counseling for a while?

Old 07-13-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anyone been in counseling for a while?

I'll be going to my second session on Wednesday. I almost feel like I open up and just pour it out. Is it wrong to direct what I talk about? It feels like he writes everything down and just chooses what he feels is most important....I have PTSD, OCD, anxiety, and major depression. So I know its a lit he needs to cover...plus the medication they gave me isn't working so I have to bring that up!
Old 07-13-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been in therapy for about five years now. Virtually nothing you talk about in counselling is wrong.
It's your counselling sessions, so talk about what you feel you need to. Personally I think he probably only brings up what he finds pointful and interesting, rather than in order of importance. But if you feel he is brushing over what you feel is important for you to cover then definitely say something. He likely writes everything down in order to keep his different clients straight in his memory.
I would say definitely bring up the fact that you don't feel your meds are working as they should.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can bring up what you asked here. Anything that concerns you provides information on what concerns you--which makes it worthwhile to examine.

In my therapy sessions I have had some helpful discussions when I brought up what I thought I was doing "wrong" in therapy. It led me to understand a lot about myself.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I start my therapy tomorrow good on you Sister