Notices

How to find friends with similar sobriety

Old 07-03-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to find friends with similar sobriety

my husband and I live in the Raleigh area. We have both been sober for 18 months. I still have some of my old friends but they still party. So its really not fun for either to hang out with them or have them over to my home where it is alcohol free zone. We're not interested in the aa program. We practice rational recovery techniques. Where and how can we find people with similar interests and sobriety techniques? I'm starting to feel like we're the only ones out here.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Athletic things? Art classes? Lots of people in your area are runners, I'm sure. Cary, Indiana? How about kayaking, or Mud Runs, tennis, racquetball, hiking, or volunteering somewhere? It's just a matter of filling your time with things that don't have drinking involved.

I mean, of course people are going to drink at parties, bars, sporting events, and BBQs. If you don't want to be around that, don't go to those type events. If life is full and you are busy - parties kind of fade into the background.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are local meet up groups that say that it's a sober group. Though you may meet lots of AA people. I like those groups and I'm not a recovering addict. It's just nice to be around sober people