My Story Dl1972ss Part 1

Old 06-12-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Story Dl1972ss Part 1

My name is Donna- I am a 42 year old grateful alcoholic. I am grateful to be coming up on 5 years of sobriety this Sept. one day at a time. I will start with where my alcoholism brought me. I am married mother of 3 wonderful boys and a supportive loving husband. My disease took me down a road where I walked away from everything I always wanted since I can remember. I did the very things that were done to me by my father as a child that I swore I would never do. I left my family. I left it all for the booze and lifestyle I thought I deserved. I lied, I cheated, I stole, and I emotionally hurt my children and husband, actually anyone that started a relationship with me. I always felt out of place. I always felt alone. I always felt I was given the worst circumstances in life. I could never understand what was wrong with me. My bottom was me, myself, and I alone in an apartment with my sick self. I was suicidal. My therapist (the only person still talking to me) suggested AA. I figured that I had nothing left so why not. I did not ever expect to identify in my first AA meeting. I never expected to come away from that meeting with the realization that I was an alcoholic. I was relieved. I finally found a place that I belonged. That day my journey began.