Notices

Class of June 2015 Part 2

Old 06-09-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June 2015 Part 2

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of June2015

come and join us!

[CENTER]The latest May thread is now here:

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2015-a-25.html
Old 06-09-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done livingnow on not sending that email. I have woken to a lovely email from the person I was about to send that horrible one to (but didn't) and am so glad I didn't send it now. So the HALT thing is good and I get about the mood swings.
Welcome to all the new people, so good to see you. It took me forever to join and then when I did I didn't post except a tiny bit and then blew it at 12 Days. Now I am reading all the posts and posting more and am on Day 12 again so am going to be very wary not to slip and stay close to here.
Troy, I think it is good that you are away from it while you try to give up and being sober makes you so much more aware.
Carly, meant to say well done on ditching all the bottles. I did my big ditch and have found a couple more!
I am hoping for a big work day here.
Very best wishes to all
Mayg

Last edited by mayg; 06-09-2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-09-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello shiny new thread. :-)

Last shift of the week tonight. I'm back for 3 days next week, then after that, vacation. RV road trip to New York (upstate) where my SO grew up. I'm not sure what the alcohol situation will be there. We are going with his parents, who do not drink that often, but maybe let loose once in a while, much like him. There's going to be a family reunion. Drinking is not an option for me anymore. Guess I will have to brace myself for the token "you're not drinking, are you pregnant?" Question.

I'm strong enough to say no.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for starting the new thread Anna

'Drinking doesn't agree with me any more is another valid response BBF

D
Old 06-09-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep I like the 'drinking doesn't agree with me anymore' one too. I've basically been saying to people that 'drinking was starting to make me anxious and depressed, so I've had to stop'. It's the truth, without having to go into too much detail.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning. Starting Day 6 today. Just moved a bunch of rocks given to me from a friend. Couldn't do that at 9 am two weeks ago. Actually getting a lot more things done and feeling more organised. I caused myself so much unnecessary stress while drinking.
I'm excepting the same question bblackbird. Although I wish I could say yes.
One of the main reasons for sobriety.
Congratulations to everyone making it each day.
Welcome to all the newcomers facing the initial days. I did the Wellness Toolbox activity suggested on here. It is very helpful putting things down on paper. Its focus is very positive. You list happy feelings and positive things to do for yourself. Very helpful. I check it everyday.
Enjoy your day today. I need to apologise this afternoon to some clients whose meeting I misscheduled. Yes, because I drank all the time and was not organised. There, said it! But I won't tell them that!!!!! Hopefully last of the drink related excuses.
Take care today everyone.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its very quiet here, only lonely old me, I guess you're all sleeping! Well I played my best game of netball last night. Didn't realize how much the hangovers and tiredness were affecting my game. I had so much energy!!!
Welcome to all our newbies, and congrats to all those who made it through another day!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm here chanty I find it's very quiet on this thread around this time , must be different time zones. Yes, I am also realizing every day how much alcohol and hangovers were affecting my energy level, moods, attitudes, and even confidence level

Nice dinner with my boyfriend and one of his sales reps. Interestingly, they both drank! I wasn't expecting that since my boyfriend is not a drinker. The other guy sort of encouraged it. It was fine for me though because I know my boyfriend would be furious with me and it would cause all sorts of problems. My worst time is being alone when I think I can "get away with it".

Ready for some real sleep! I love my sober sleep!! Goodnight friends, no matter what day you are on, don't give up!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm having a rough day 2. I've got a broken arm, and my employer won't take me back to work, and is giving me no end of trouble getting disability. I'm preparing a financial affadavit for family court child support. It's really tough. One day at a time. I've got to face reality.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sleep well forabetterlife, sober sleeps are the best!
Yuri, sorry to hear you are having a hard time. At least you are facing it sober, which has to help. Hang in there, I hope things work out for the best.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it all works out Yuri - we're behind you

congrats Chanty

D
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have a lovely sleep forabetterlife.
Yurio, it is so hard what you are going through but you shall get more done sober and we are all here if you need to vent.
Mayg
Old 06-09-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mayg View Post
Have a lovely sleep forabetterlife.
Yurio, it is so hard what you are going through but you shall get more done sober and we are all here if you need to vent.
Mayg
I'm going to take you up on your offer soon. I feel the need for some major ventilation coming on. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Do so. WAY better than picking up a drink. Mayg x
Old 06-10-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello fellow June people.

I'm jumping in a little late here, but I am on day four and doing well. History is in my first post here if anyone is interested, but I feel that this time I am going to do well.

April last year - stopped for first time ever - wild rollercoaster ride - especially first few weeks.

Six more stops / relapses with sober periods ranging from 77 days to 3 days.

I have always done it alone before - now I have the support of the lovely citizens of the " Independent Republic of SR " .

My AV is ever-present, but I can tell he is rattled by my decision to hook up with some buddies who are wise to his tricks.

I also know my triggers better ( I am sure there will me many more challenges ) but with your help, I'm going to avoid ever picking up that first drink and ask

"How is this possibly going to help make anything better ?"

June means the start of winter where I am, so log fires, hot tea and walks/runs in the rain are what I am looking forward to instead of rumbling along with a hangover.

Oh - and I have started to play the piano at night rather than glug wine. What an infinitely more pleasurable thing to do !

So - I'm in ! Look forward to hanging out !
Old 06-10-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Fradley playing the piano seems a much better way to spend an evening.

Had a stressful morning but I coped still feeling calm trying to learn to switch off from things I can't control and take life one day at a time for now. We see how long it lasts.

Energy levels up a bit from zero to one getting there lol might get into second gear by the weekend. It's still easier to do everyday tasks tired than hungover.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
My worst time is being alone when I think I can "get away with it".
Oh, this is me too. As soon as I am left alone, I start scheming whether to drink. The sad thing is that I think if I drink alone, then I can fool them when they return. Yep, the reek of booze, slurred speech, and sloppy movements - I'm sure I can cover that up by brushing my teeth and focusing really hard. Blah...glad I don't have to do that anymore.

As for telling people/turning down drinks, I am going to stick with "It was causing to many problems." This is true. Let's see, there was insomnia, weight gain, poor skin, neurotic excorations, plantar facitis, greatly diminished cognitive ability, unpredictable angry man, unpredictable sad man, memory issues... I'm sure there are other things. It's frightening that even with all those issues, the thought to drink can still come to mind strong and clear. Anyway, more stuff that I don't have to do and is all getting better.

I am committing to not drinking for the next 500 posts.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Fradley

D
Old 06-10-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning! Start of day 4! Planning on going to a local park to listen to a live outdoor concert with my hubby tonight. Looking forward to the weekend. I am going to Florida with my daughters. It's a girls weekend trip to Universal to celebrate my youngest daughter (24) getting her bachelors degree in May. This trip will help me get through my first weekend with no alcohol. I need this
Old 06-10-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome fradley. My history is similar to yours, many stretches of sobriety but struggling to make it last. But I've been at it longer, about 3 years. I hope you stop that rollercoaster sooner than me!

Rah, that sounds like a great weekend with your daughters. And the fact that drinking won't even be an issue makes it even bette

Day four for me as well. Lots on my to-do list today and my daughter has softball game in the evening so that hopefully will help me with those afternoon cravings.

Things are really going well for me.. A few things have relieved some of my financial struggles and my relationship (which is actually a rekindled old relationship) is really going well. Dare I say, I might be .... Happy? An easy way to blow it would be to drink- sabotage the whole thing like I've done before. Not doing it. Alcohol is poison for my mind, my body, and my life.