Notices

haunted by my actions

Old 06-06-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

haunted by my actions

In january i was in a bad place in my head. Drinking loads. Very depressed. Ended up stabbing myself and got sectioned. Now everything should be ok. Im taking my meds. Going to various appointments and am very happy as i am back at work now. Things do seem to be pretty much back to normal however.

I keep finding myself thinking about the day i stabbed myself. I wouldnt say i was suicidal as i feel content with my life now but for some reason i cant stop thinking about that day. Its like its haunting me.
Keep thinking what if various things had happened etc.

Any ideas what i should do

I know the main answer is to go and see my cpn and i will do that. I think i just need to get this off my chest as its keepin me awake at night
Old 06-06-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Well, yes, I would definitely suggest talking to your CPN and anyone else you know (friends, family) when you're feeling this way.

Just my thoughts, when I am mulling over any form of self harm it's usually from isolating and I need to get myself in the company of others as quickly as possible.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like a very traumatic event, boris. I understand how it might occupy your thoughts.

I think talking about it with a professional, like Astro said, is a great idea.?

D