Notices

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

Old 06-01-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

2 Days in (48 Hours) Part 2 (ZaBoozers Thread)

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-hours-21.html

D
Old 06-01-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Today is the start of day fifty seven for me. I did not really want to get out of bed this morning, but hey, I am at work eventually. Business first.

Physically I am good. I slept well last night although I only had a few hours sleep. Sleep comes easily and is deep. No headache again this morning. I am not going to complain about that. My appetite is good this morning and I think I am going to treat myself to a baked savoury of sorts.

Mentally I am fine. I have some work to keep mu busy today. I am not overly enthusiastic about it though. It pays the bills.

Emotionally I am stable. I am neither here nor there today.

Well, this is my first post in in my new home. It is kind of strange a strange feeling moving from the new comers section to the daily support. It is almost as if I have graduated from something. Although what I am not sure.

I am worried about someone today and my mind is all over the place. Sorry about that.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-01-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all your worries are little ones ZaB

D
Old 06-02-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope all your worries are little ones ZaB

D
Not so little, but much better now. Thanks Dee.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep on keepin on Craig! All will be good. You've piqued my interest (as well as many others I'm sure). Feel free to share your worries when/if ready.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Keep on keepin on Craig! All will be good. You've piqued my interest (as well as many others I'm sure). Feel free to share your worries when/if ready.
Ta Olivia, much appreciated. My worry was not for me, rather for another member. All is well now.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I have reached the end of day fifty seven. It ends well. The worries from this morning did not come to fruition. Thank whatever higher power for that. Business first.

Physically I am good. The headache did not come to visit today. I am tired and look forward to a good nights rest. I did have a good appetite today. I had my savoury tart - some sort of milky tart thing. Tasted good, but made me a bit nauseous. Maybe a tad too rich for me.

Mentally I am good. I got my work done. I then spent the rest of the day playing this music quiz thing with my smoking buddy. We were quite good with my answers, as long as the music was mid 90's and older. I really cannot handle todays music.

Emotionally I am good. I had my twinges, but someone really made me laugh so hard this evening. It was almost as funny as the quote in my signature. I would love to include it but I am going to have to beg for permission first.

I was counting the number of people left in our stay sober class from April 2015. I counted sixty three names that joined the same class before me that I have not seen again. I joined on 2015.04.09. There are ten of us left that I know of. Lets say one third of those sixty three relapsed. That gives us twenty one right. So one hundred minus ten divided by twenty one times one hundred (keep up with the brackets please) gives us a failure rate of fifty three%. If used the original sixty three, it would be a failure rate of eighty four%. I joined one third of the way into the month. I did not count the names past where I joined.

Sorry, I just had to stop and re-read what I have just written down. Best case failure one third into our joining month 53%, worst case failure one third into our joining month 84%. I do not mean that they failed one third into the joining month. I mean that of the April 2015 class, over 53-84% have failed within one and two thirds of a month. Scary bit of trivia.

Well, we are expecting a cold front to hit us tonight. Apparently we are going to be down to 2degC or 35degF. I am not worried - the fire is blazing. My upstairs temp is 29degC or 88degF - nice and toasty.

I am going to have to quit smoking soon. I think I will use the exact same date that I stopped drinking - but two months on. Much easier to remember.

Well the cats are having a conversation with me. The little black one does this cute thing of pulling her tongue out at you. What a little girl.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yeah that's pretty much like my "class" of Jan '15 - we are down to half a dozen.

Scary

Glad you are OK tho' ZAB
Old 06-02-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's important to remember that a lot of folks use SR for a time,. leave and stay sober. I know a few

A lot more come back under different names too

D
Old 06-02-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Yeah that's pretty much like my "class" of Jan '15 - we are down to half a dozen. Scary Glad you are OK tho' ZAB
Ta. Saoutchick, much appreciated.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it's important to remember that a lot of folks use SR for a time,. leave and stay sober. I know a few A lot more come back under different names too D
Hi Dee, I did take the name changes into account. The leave and stay sober is the optimistic figure of two thirds taken out.

Not to put a damper on in and rather to end positive, there are a few of that class, and previous classes that are in the subsequent classes. They are determined to make a go of it - and that is great.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I forget you are on opposite sides of the world. It was almost 90F here today. ��. Enjoy your fire.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daylightsavings View Post
I forget you are on opposite sides of the world. It was almost 90F here today. ��. Enjoy your fire.
Ta DLS, I did.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Today is the start of day fifty eight for me. The cold front is upon us now. It is wet, cold and miserable out. Business first.

Physically I am good. I slept like a baby last night. Sleep comes easy. Still no dreams that I can recall. No headache today. I am not complaining. My appetite is good and I am famished.

Mentally I am fine. It is good weather for getting work done. Of course I would rather be somewhere else - but I have to earn a living after all.

Emotionally I am neutral. The twinges started early, but I am dealing with it. I suppose the weather plays a part in this.

The cats are loving the fire. Mind you so am I. It is cold out, but inside I only wear shorts.

I just looked at the calendar. It seems that my intended "stop smoking" date is Monday. That fits in quite neatly.

Well, lets get some coffee, have a blasted cigarette and get on with the day.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-03-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Yeah that's pretty much like my "class" of Jan '15 - we are down to half a dozen.

Scary

Glad you are OK tho' ZAB
Yep I was in that January class Saoutchik class and I do remember you S...so pleased for you that you have maintained sobriety that's really great

I fell off in mid February and hold my hand up to just disappearing but I never really left SR. I carried on reading posts whilst gathering up the right mental attitude and approach to try again. It took me until the 11th April to get back on and join the April class with lessons learnt....

Zab I know it might sound disheartening to think about the stats but I have subscribed to a weekly thread 'Stories of Recovery' which has members who have maintained long term sobriety with things that they have done to help them. There aren't always posts to read but it does help to keep....oops nearly said it!

Well done you for your decision on the smoking front...Monday it is then. Looking forward to maybe seeing you on the No Nicotine thread...If I can do it so can you

M
Old 06-03-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Yep I was in that January class Saoutchik class and I do remember you S...so pleased for you that you have maintained sobriety that's really great

I fell off in mid February and hold my hand up to just disappearing but I never really left SR. I carried on reading posts whilst gathering up the right mental attitude and approach to try again. It took me until the 11th April to get back on and join the April class with lessons learnt....

Zab I know it might sound disheartening to think about the stats but I have subscribed to a weekly thread 'Stories of Recovery' which has members who have maintained long term sobriety with things that they have done to help them. There aren't always posts to read but it does help to keep....oops nearly said it!

Well done you for your decision on the smoking front...Monday it is then. Looking forward to maybe seeing you on the No Nicotine thread...If I can do it so can you

M
Hey M, I am not sure I am disheartened, rather I would say that it was an eye opener. I will definitely have a look at "Stories of recovery".

I am not so sure, but I am sure as heck going to give it a try.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-03-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I stopped smoking 21 years ago - wow. I am old.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I stopped smoking 21 years ago - wow. I am old.
BB, I know how young you are.

Twenty one years - that is one heck of an accomplishment. The first couple of days were always hard for me.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

It is the end of day fifty eight for me. What a miserable depressing day. I really don't like this sort of weather. I am a sun type of guy. At least the fire is roaring and the cats are keeping me company. Mind you I wouldn't want to be outside either. Business first as usual.

Physically I am good. I am tired, but that is to be expected. I had fatigue from around 14:00 today. I drank way too much coffee and did not eat lunch. I did have a big dinner and some ice cream to spoil myself. No sign of the headache yet.

Mentally I am great. I actually spent most of my day knuckling down to work. It helps to keep busy and the weather was too miserable to smoke that often.

Emotionally I am stable. I had a bad patch from lunchtime on. It got better once I got home and could just choose something that I want to do to take my mind off of things.

The news this side of the world is rather depressing. Inflation; FIFA and the usual corruption crock. Even the stock market has closed negative for the last twelve days in a row. Not much positive going on in the news. Mind you the international news is not that cheery either.

It is days like these that I have to remind myself - I have all my fingers and all my toes. I have my faculties; health and sobriety. It may not seem so much, but there is no monetary value that can be attached to any of those items.

The cats are here, the fire is stoked. It is getting late and my pillow is calling.

Be safe and be strong.

Cheers,

ZAB
Old 06-03-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry your day had dark spots but I'm glad it ended well. I'm Miami and it is nothing but bars here! I walked by one place and a girl tried to hand me two free drink tickets and I blurted out. "Thanks but I don't drink" and walked off grinning ear to ear. Just finished day 5 and in my hotel room waiting for the TV to come back on. I thought of you when I passed the line of bars. Funny. I dont even know you (in my head you look like Will Farrell from the anchor man ��