D
Old 05-07-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for the new thread D

Hi Julyers have a nice day
Old 05-07-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words, Snooz. It's only fair your little granddaughter knows exactly how much she is loved and how lucky she is to have a wonderful lady like you to love her.xx

Bob, isn't looking after the chickens what your daughter is supposed to help with? Lol.

Doing well here this week. Seem to have got the sugar cravings well and truly out of my system. Drinking is not on my radar. Always a good thing.

Love and hugs to all.xx
Old 05-08-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 05-08-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Bob, isn't looking after the chickens what your daughter is supposed to help with? Lol.
Nah,
She wasn't all that into shoveling out the coop and checking in on them daily. It becomes a real pain in the arse after a while.
Especially when it's freezing cold and there's waist high snow.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Julyers me & Mrs Sw have been shopping measuring & sizing up for new curtains round the house mil done the fabric

I rearranged another room and everything is coming together

Spk soon guys
Old 05-09-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning
Old 05-10-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms here!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Bob :-) had a lovely day with my girls last night. They took me to a chocolate dessert cafe in the city . Oh good grief ! I think I died & went to heaven !

They bought me a gorgeous ring , gold & silver with the word MUM on the top. It is my new favourite thing.
It's almost over , needless to say my son never came over or sent a message.

It is what it is.
Nothing can ruin this wonderful mood. My daughters really spoilt me xxx

Saw my own Mum after work and had a lovely time catching up with family xx

Just finished a movie night with the girls ...holy **** it was riveting , best movie by far ???.....

SHARNADO , PMSL ....haven't laughed so much in ages , such fun picking a movie to pieces.

Better follow that up with snakes on a plane ! Bahahaha
Hope you had a lovely one too Crois xx
Old 05-10-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad you had a nice day snoozy

Old 05-10-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lot of fun Snoozy.
Give it time, your son will come around.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Julyers
Old 05-10-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
Happy Mothers' Day to all the mums here.
I'm pretty depressed, my psychiatrist says my brain just keeps outwitting the medication, keeps adjusting to them and I get depressed again. I'm very tired of it. He increased the dose a couple of days ago.
I feel icky and uncomfortable and feel very frustrated by this illness and an enduring feeling of loneliness and not fitting in. I've been going to AA meetings just to be with people, but I don't feel I fit it, I don't know what is wrong with me. I truly wish that I had some sort of "higher power" in which to believe, to aid me in chronic feelings of uselessness and loneliness. I know we are all alone in our own struggles, and I know I need to be more resilient, I wish I were. I really thought that sobriety would bring me more than a chronic feeling of emptiness, I'm not growing.
I ran away on the trip to Cuba, just because I could, but it was a silly, escapist thing to do. I need to face the music of my life here and stop trying to run away.
Sorry for being so down.
Snoozy, I'm glad you had a lovely Mothers' Day with your girls. I do hope your son will come around for everyone's sake.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi leshar

I'm no expert but I don't think this is a recovery problem - it's a depressive psychological one.

you may not feel like you're getting anywhere right now but if you look back you've done some pretty amazing stuff in the last few months acting and travelling and there's been times when you've felt really up

I think (and hope) you're close to a permanent solution - maybe a few more little tweaks is all that's needed?

You're a million miles from where you were - and your story inspires me

Tell the AV to go suck eggs

D
Old 05-10-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh my, Dee, thank you so much for that vote of confidence! You are a treasure.
Yes, I have been up, but it seems so fleeting and that is what frustrates me. But I know wallowing in self pity is so destructive, I wish I thought better of myself. Tomorrow may bring a little lift, one can only hope.
Thanks, dear friend.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Snooz....pretty ordinary Mothers Day. Oh dear. My drama girls are on the loose.

Never mind. It's just one day. Had a good Pilates / yoga workout....so maybe I was just way too zen for everyone and bowed out of the drama!

Leshar....I think you said there's always been a touch of melancholy to you, so like Dee says, it's not the recovery thing. Drinking was what you probably did to cope with lots of things coupled with losing your biggest supporter and sounding board, Larry. I can only skim emotionally what that must feel like for you (I dreamed about my ex again last night), but I know a little of what it's like to feel a gap that can't be filled, no matter what you try to stuff it with.

All I can say is it's bloody hard, and the hardest part is, we are the ones who have to figure out what eventually relieves some of that pain and burden.

Anyway, just my random musings, where I'm really just saying, yeah, it's tough to muddle through poop....and yours is a little deeper because of that melancholy. I want to see you take the foam baseball bat like Diane Keaton did in First Wives Club, when she went ballistic with it and got out all her years of angst!

Hugs for today.xx
Old 05-11-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

I put up a roller blind in the bathroom yesterday and ive been out since this morning to see about getting a few other things around the house

Sorry your feeling down leshar, i agree with D you've done pretty amazing stuff lately i really hope your depression can lift

Hi Bob, Snoozy, D, Croiss have a great day ive just had lunch (chicken & sweetcorn mayo roll)
Old 05-11-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello Julyers - remember me?

It's been a rollercoaster 5 months since I discovered my BF (now ex BF) was pursuing a woman in his Saturday morning AA meeting. I gave him many chances to start to rebuild trust. He'd make promises, then break them and try to justify it. In the end he wanted to do whatever made him "feel good" and thought I should be okay with it.

Well I wasn't okay with it. He's moved out - since the beginning of March - and I've told him I dont want anything to do with him. Not even as friends. I haven't seen or spoken with him for almost a month (when he finally got most of his stuff out of the garage.)

I wish I could say I didn't drink during this time period. But I did. Now I need to get back on track and focus on me. The focus was on him for too long.

Take care my Julyers!
NCG
Old 05-11-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your bk NCG have you wrote up a new plan ?
Old 05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

NCG! I was gonna mention I hadn't seen you around. Glad your life is getting a bit more stable.....will post more later as I'm off to work. Good to see you!xx