Notices

relapse

Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapse

Not quite sure how this works but read lots of messages online about being with or leaving relationships that have become destructive and damaging. I have been living with an alcoholic for 6 years. He relapsed again at the weekend and I have had to leave as he is violent and aggresive. I read many people said that you should have no contact. I left yesterday, my clothes are piled up in my car>
I had some issues with my children ( they are all grown up) at the weekend and my partner blames me for his relapse. As much as a I know it was already on it way, I feel guilty and destroyed by his behaviour. So that is why I am on here...in hope that maybe someone understands.
Misty
Old 05-05-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Misty, welcome to the forum..

There are many people here who are in similar situations and understands what you're going through, you are not alone and someone will be along to speak to you.

I've not been in your situation as an adult but wanted to say hello and I hope you have somewhere safe to go for now.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Misty.

You did exactly the right thing in not maintaining contact with someone who is violent (that would be in his interest too although I would bet he doesn't realise it)

No need whatsoever for guilt on your part.

The place you need to post Misty is on the Friends and Family of Alcoholics (see home page) You will get advice from people who have been through similar situations and are better qualified to give advice

Really sorry to hear your situation Misty but you have done the right thing

Good luck