I call BS

Old 04-22-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I call BS

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream I was drinking. Instead of freaking out like I usually do in my dream it was more like knock that off. Didn't think much of it. About a week ago someone was talking about something called fireball. It combines my two favorite things to drink whiskey+sweet cinnamon. I thought kind of sorry I never tried it. Today someone suggested drinking it with Rumchata. I should try just one to see how it tastes. If there had been one in front of my I probably would have drank it. Wait for it.....WHAT.THE.HELL.
There you have it. The mental progression to me thinking I could have one with a seemingly valid excuse.
I have never tried to moderate because honestly if I can't drink to pass out I have no interest in even starting. So the "just one" thing won't work on me...usually. I am perfectly comfortable and have no desire to drink anymore. In fact I want nothing to do with it. I have been through hell off and on dealing with my recovery these past 2 years. I appreciate I got off lucky and if I ever have to do this again it is going to be much harder.
Sneaky ass AV
Old 04-22-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SR! good job on recognizing the AV! Remember, it is there to kill you.

Have you ever had Atomic Fireballs? It's a jawbreaker candy, hot as heck and I bet you can't keep in your mouth five minutes! I get them at most candy shops. Individually wrapped so they keep nice in a pocket or purse!

Love from Lenina
Old 04-22-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

kick it's butt
Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I know statistics aren't the end all when it comes to this but at 2 years 40% of people will still relapse. Why? Why would anyone want to go back after knowing what someone 2 years clean knows? It wasn't even a craving that was trying to get me. It was more of a no big deal kind of thing. So I am making a big deal out of it. This will not stand!!!!
Maybe a little fighting music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0
Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

That's girl SR. Tell that AV who's boss.

I'd be at two years too, had I not "moderated". Three separate episodes.

We all know where it leads. I'm living proof.

Lenina came up with a GREAT alternative. Yum.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, get the jawbreakers, better breath and no hangover and no remorse and nearly no calories. And a delightful hot hot hot taste!

Xxoo LeeLee
Old 04-22-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
That's girl SR. Tell that AV who's boss.

I'd be at two years too, had I not "moderated". Three separate episodes.

We all know where it leads. I'm living proof.

Lenina came up with a GREAT alternative. Yum.
You will get there HookerFace. You just won't stay down!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
You will get there HookerFace. You just won't stay down!
Lol !!! Damn right sistah. I'm gonna get there come hell or high water.

Now, let's make sure we KEEP you THERE. Mkkkk ?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
p***enger

I honestly don't think it will ever be easy for me to be around hard liquor drinkers. Beer & wine don't bug me, but if I sit within 30 feet of a bar, I'm studying the bottles. And the smell of a familiar drink sets me right off with the head games. Head games start seemingly insignificant, but if the thinking gets reinforced by fantasies or by more exposure, it's easy trouble.

Avoiding people, places & things that make you want to drink is always a good idea.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

That's the thing Snarkbunny, I have NO desire to drink. I don't get triggered. I guess that is what they mean about complacency.
AO I found a remake of that song and I am dedicating it to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I2MHj1iDIU
Old 04-22-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

I know statistics aren't the end all when it comes to this but at 2 years 40% of people will still relapse. Why?
Well, for one, they don't have a Big Plan.

sr,
Have you considered moving forward from AVRT super light to the real thing by making a Big Plan? I seem to be having a deja vu about asking you this.

As I see it, drinking dreams are a sign of the Beast desperately trying to get creative.
And with full AVRT I found them to be amusing.
GT
Old 04-22-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

As a Wee Bastid, I loved 'Atomic Fireballs'. Hot they be...

Easy for me to tell ya now, but you're not missing much by not having had 'Fireball Whisky'. Kinda harsh. CleverAzz me thought I would smell only of Cinnamon when I was burning through a 1.75 L 'Handle' of it every 3, then 2, days. Actually, you wind up smelling like a serious Drunk who then pops an Atomic Fireball Candy into your Mouth. I also took to eating Cinnamon Candies to attempt Breath Camouflage while Hammered. So many great ideas. So little time.. .-)

I made some lame excuse one morning to go to the Grocery Store. I killed the carefully-dispensed last portion of one Fireball Handle 'Inventoried' in my SUV, and passed out cold in the Grocery Store Parking Lot around 8:15. That would be A.M.. I swallowed by 'Glugs'. 2 or 3 Glugs were to maintain my Stupor. 4 or 5 Glugs were to get pretty high beyond what I already was. After waking from a lil ~45 minute Blackout, I went into the Liquor Store adjacent to buy another Handle. I set it down. The Chinese Gal/Co-Owner suddenly swiped it off the Counter. I was stunned! She said 'We no sell you when you smell like Alcohol'! I mumbled some excuse, and walked out totally Gobsmacked.

One of many Wake-Up Calls in my Final Drinking Daze that added up to this 'Hard Liquor Only' Guy finally taking action to Man Up and Sober Up.

I make a point to recall one thing daily that reminds me of my rampant Drinking Stupidity. Thank you for causing me to recall this Tale. Now, my Daily Recall Quota is complete.

Never again.
-
Old 04-22-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
p***enger

That's the thing Snarkbunny, I have NO desire to drink. I don't get triggered.
Aw, nobody calls me that anymore.

I have NO desire to drink, either. Except when there's a generously poured double Grey Goose not heavy on the rocks about 6 inches from my face and the man holding it has offered me a similar drink not once or twice but three times in the last 10 minutes. That's not a trigger, it's an assault.

But I do know what to do about it.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Aw you want me to read? I suppose I should read that book. Recommitting like it was day 1 couldn't hurt. So far I have just been hanging out and picking up parts from everyone.
That's a good idea MesaMan. Actually thinking about how crappy it was being a drunk is what brought me back to reality.
I was hard booze only too. When I started drinking it was zero to a hundred ASAP. I didn't even really enjoy it.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((((SnarkBunny)))) I do! You'll always be my snarky bunny and I'll be your crazy assed Lenina .

Good stuff here! I only drank crappy white wine in a large Tupperware tumbler over ice. Lots of ice. That's why the timber had to be extra large. It had to be white wine because I spilled a lot. And it had to be Tupperware because glass broke a lot. And it had to be Sweet white wine because everything else sorta made me gag. Except a certain brandy and that had to be heated and only when I had a cold. And it gagged me too. And made me sick as hell. Nothing like puking through a stuffed up nose.

It was insane and I was insane.

good times. not. Glad I don't live there no more!

Love from LeeLee
Old 04-22-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Have you considered moving forward from AVRT super light to the real thing by making a Big Plan?
At least I didn't give you an "answer that can't be questioned".
Old 04-22-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
At least I didn't give you an "answer that can't be questioned".
No fear.

CAL, I bought a box of wine once(no shame in my wine game). I ended up using it as a mixer for whiskey.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

No fear.

CAL, I bought a box of wine once(no shame in my wine game). I ended up using it as a mixer for whiskey.
Avoiding CAL (and ultimately CAD) is guaranteed with BP and easiest IMHO using AVRT.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thoughts are just thoughts, it's actions that matter.

But for me, I've understood for a long time that complacency is my enemy, not my AV/A/reptile/etc. The notion that, one day in the foggy future that is beyond the range of my crystal ball, I might think "what the hell, I wonder what this will do to me" or something similar, and take a drink. Which is why I still convene a weekly support group meeting, go to my old medical treatment program walk-in group a couple times a year to say hi, and hang out in places like this - not because I need it to stay sober, but to try to give something back and so I don't forget.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
Thoughts are just thoughts, it's actions that matter.

But for me, I've understood for a long time that complacency is my enemy, not my AV/A/reptile/etc. The notion that, one day in the foggy future that is beyond the range of my crystal ball, I might think "what the hell, I wonder what this will do to me" or something similar, and take a drink. Which is why I still convene a weekly support group meeting, go to my old medical treatment program walk-in group a couple times a year to say hi, and hang out in places like this - not because I need it to stay sober, but to try to give something back and so I don't forget.
I hang out here to help keep AVRT correctly defined. I will forget that red lights mean stop and green lights mean go before I forget that I will never drink alcohol again.