Old 02-18-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2015 Part 2

Here is Part 1:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2015-a-26.html
Old 02-18-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A little internal battle last night, but I triumphed. Today has been okay so far.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm feeling better as the day moves along as well. The anxiety is subsiding, I've been very busy with work which helps.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

I emailed the company that I had the interview at last Thursday and they said they are looking at all the interview/test results tomorrow and will let people know on Friday.

I just looked at a BMI chart and worked out for my weight to be healthy I need to be 6' 3" tall so from now on I am not going to say I'm too heavy but will explain I'm too short!!

No desire to drink today (end day 17) wooohoooo!!
Old 02-18-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Time helps. Thank God.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Back on Day 1. Ugh. I've been extremely depressed over my financial situation and living situation. The community I live in is very toxic, not conducive to recovery at all. 80% of my neighbors are active alcoholics and addicts or religious zealots. I made another appt for a CD evaluation to get referred to a treatment center so then get into sober housing from there. The appt is over three weeks away. I feel impatient and want the process to begin as quickly as possible.
I worry I will not be seen as 'bad off' enough for residential inpatient treatment and I fear I'll be categorized on a lower level and referred to intensive outpatient and there are no IOP facilities for at least 35 miles and I don't have a car. I really need to get out of where I'm living and start over. I'm excited, scared and want to get this going!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's do hard soberella - but do hang 9in there - and remember you've done 3 weeks before - you can do this

D
Old 02-18-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hahahaha Esspee I like that. I would need to be 6'11". I do,expect a quick and substantial weight loss soon. It always happens when I stop drinking.

Ready or not. Yes, womenforsobrietyonline is the name you should google if interested. There is amazing sobriety there as well.

Had a good day today. Took my mom to chemotherapy. She is 83 and on palliative chemo for pancreatic cancer. Then to lunch and her home until the home health aide got there. I am in my home now with a gorgeous tuxedo cat purring on my belly. Life is grand when I stay sober.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 17. The novelty of sobriety is starting to wear down. Is this normal?
Old 02-19-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're relying on novelty alone, yeah it gets old pretty quick.

Think about the reasons why you want to be sober lastchance?

D
Old 02-19-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning class,

Extremely cold weather for us south floridians this morning. It is 45 degrees and will not go over 52 all day. Took the day off work to visit family from out of state to avoid going to the big party the will be having on the weekend. There will be plenty of liquor there and lots of drinking relatives. I got to avoid situations that will probably make me want to drink.

On the home front I asked hubby to confine liquor to a fridge in the garage to keep it out of sight. Some cheap big bottle of Merlot I hate but use for cooking, little margarita mix and tequila and half bottle of Absolute , also a few beers. Thinking I don't want this poison under my roof, our guests will have to get used to drinking lemonade. Hubby is not a big drinker. I am putting my sobriety first . Enough is enough. I am 51. I want to die sober

Good sober day folks
Old 02-19-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

12.5 hours into the day and feeling good just wish the rain would bugger off
Old 02-19-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 3, and I am feeling better. Some anxiety still, but not as much as yesterday morning, and I spent the time before I got out of bed looking on my kindle for some books - I bought the Power of Now by Eckert Tolle yesterday. I think I need something a little more tactical for now, so sampled Allen Carr's book and think I will get that too. I also looked forward to getting up and posting here this morning.

I'm grateful to be alcohol free, to be clean and warm and dry, to have the option to work from my home in the awful weather we are having, to have support as I try, try again.

Namaste, thank you for the recommendation. I'll check it out later today.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Side note: it snowed again last night! Can't wait for spring, but must admit, the snow looks very pretty on the trees.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I'm here & still going strong! Not drinking has become easier & easier as each day passes. Last weekend I had to stand up to my husband & protect my sobriety. Our daughter was with my sister & my husband proclaims, "You might as well get something to drink so we can have fun". I told him no several times before he left the notion alone. 5 months ago, I don't think I would've been that strong. It felt good saying no & really meaning it.

ReadyorNot: Good for you for being on day 3!!! Keep the momentum up!!

Namaste: "I want to die sober"....very powerful words!!! Keep protecting your sobriety, you are totally worth it!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance77 View Post
Day 17. The novelty of sobriety is starting to wear down. Is this normal?
I'm on Day 18 and the initial 'buzz' has gone (a bit like that deflated feeling when a long awaited event is over) but I've got other things lined up to look forward to (I've booked some evening classes).

I met a friend for coffee this morning. 2 weeks and 2 days ago I met a friend in the same place and had hidden anxiety/panic for the whole time. Today I felt 100% relaxed and laid back. I feel like another corner has been turned.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, well done for being strong JT. Gloomy, rainy day here, kept myself busy despite having another headache all day, backs killing me too-have arthritis in it and it can get me down but not going to drink on it. Part of me thinks that I never got these aches and pains when I drank but I know that I never did anything active when drinking to trigger it and it probably just numbed the pain anyway so not going to self medicate!

Day 21 here, got a meeting planned for this evening, then getting my daughters tomorrow morning and taking them to the cinema to watch a kids movie with my sister and bro-in-law so looking forward to that.

Have a good day all, oh and by the way I loved your analogy regarding the beach yesterday Dee spot on once again- thanks!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Quick check in from me.
On day 8, the immediate withdrawal symptoms have gone and now, just left with the nagging anxiety and negative thoughts. Just got to keep pushing through!!
Keep it up classmates
Old 02-19-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm on day 3. No withdrawal and I hope that's because the one rule I stuck with was not going beyond beer (though I find I always check the label to make sure I'm buying the one with the most alcohol). That said, it's ramping up pretty fast and I find myself thinking about drinking way too much. So here I am: time for a little accountability. February is my month!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi ricklar. Welcome!

And good morning to everyone! Sounds like it's cold most everywhere. We're only going up make it to 32 today and I live in South Carolina. I am so ready for sunshine.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi all. Welcome Ricklar. I've made it one week and mentally feel fine, but physically I'm fighting off a cold. Just straight OJ to battle this one. Have a strong sober day all!