# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2014 Part 6

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 01-19-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the info and the new thread! It sounds like mumbo jumbo to me, honestly, I'm a real jerk at computer stuff, but I will give it a go. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Morning Littermates.
Day 45 for the sister triplets.
Wow - we have moved to Part 6 - time flies.
I hope everyone has a great Monday.
We are attending the funeral of a close friend's mother today. She lived a long life but still sad for our friend and his brother. End of a chapter.
Brynn, you are in my prayers. As you recover physically I hope you are able to safeguard your sobriety back at home.
FABL, Kitty and Maximus - day 4 - so glad you triplets are with the litter and made it through the weekend.
Maximus - I am with you on the crazy sleep patterns - I am just honoring what my body needs for now and later, unless it happens naturally, I'll get myself back on my normal sleep schedule.
Dax, enjoy your trip with your mom - what a wonderful thing to do.
Jsbodhi - sounds like Cuba was a productive trip in more ways than one. I am sure you will rock school and work this semester - I'd love to know what you are studying.
Shannon, I'm still smiling about your sneaky AV and the wine corks - how were the fish tacos. We gave up on football after the half in the second game - Pats creaming Indy.
BigShoe - my husband drank like your girl did during the first game - I, like you, took a breath and dealt with it - so much better sober. I would have liked to join you on your walk.
Midwest - after all the talk of food yesterday you will have to keep us posted on what you are eating today. Smiling.
MariahGayle - your words are so supportive.
Seasky and GnikNus - thanks for checking in.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning!! I hope everyone has a great day.

congrats to the newest triplets on day 4! I hope you all are starting to feel better. Hang in there your sober days will add up fast.

Brynn, BBQBiker, and Shannon- congrats on day 45!!

Brynn- I hope your feeling well today! ��

Maximus- your new puppy sounds adorable!!

Dax- that is great your mom is 22 years sober. Hope you enjoy your day with her.

Denise- I am not sure what day your on but I know it is in he fifties! amazing!

Gniknus- congrats on day 47! Wow!

BigShoe and BBQBiker- my SO was drinking yesterday too and after the whiskey started wearing off he was difficult to live with. It is amazing what your mind can make up when your drinking. Like thinking the people who love you are against you.

BBQBiker- I am going to make spaghetti! ��

Hi Della, Seasky, Jsbodhi, Mariah, and the rest of the Dec. 2014 class!! Proud of you all.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning y'all!

I had a drinking dream last night. I drank 3 beers. And I was soooo relieved to wake up and realize it was only a nightmare. I also woke up with a terrible cold and nasty sore throat. I guess I'll be laying around, taking it easy today.

brynn, I'm glad you have someone to help you through your flare up. As others have said, please hold our 45 days close to your heart. If you need us, we're here.

bigshoe, sorry about your lady. I, too, have missed many activities/engagements because of drinking. Or fear of how me or my husband would act if we had too much. It's really a stupid, sad life. I'm thankful to be free from it.

I'm proud to report that my husband didn't drink at all yesterday. BBQ, the fish tacos were good. I didn't watch much of the Patriots game either. Not to offend anyone, but I'm not a big Tom Brady fan, so I'm suddenly a Seahawks fan for the Super Bowl. Plus, I kinda admire Russell Wilson for his hard work. I'd like to see him take Brady down. lol

I hope you all have a great Monday! Stay strong my friends!
Hugs!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better Shannon!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Good morning!

Shannon! Sorry to hear you're sick, I hate that crap. Get better soon!

Midwest, you changed your picture!

Bbq, my condolences to your friend. It's very kind of you to be there for them.

Be safe today my friends.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, littermates!
I just caught up reading posts after being gone for a couple of days. Despite the heartbreaking Packer loss yesterday, I had a lovely weekend. I spent the weekend at my friend Don's cabin in northern Wisconsin. We had a very nice time just hanging out together and talking. It's the first time we've really been alone together since I got sober. I think he is starting to understand how committed I am to being sober, honest, and trustworthy. He told me yesterday he wondered if I had really wrapped my head around the reality of never drinking again. I think my response convinced him. He's proud of me and has been nothing but supportive. He does "sober January" every year, so there was no drinking at all over the weekend. I think my not drinking at all will cause him to at least moderate when he starts up again. He's capable of drinking enough in one day to kill me. Of course he outweighs me by about 100 pounds. Anyhoo - nice weekend.

Sorry I can't really respond to everyone's posts from the weekend individually - but I'm with all of you in spirit with whatever challenges you are facing, and with your successes, as well!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Mld51. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I am glad that you were able to talk to your friend! sounds relaxing .
Old 01-19-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Morning... Heading out with my madre. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

To the class: we are going to post a class roster with sobriety dates and day counts on Sunday's. If you would like to be included either send me a PM or include it in the thread. We will start this coming Sunday.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Off & Running this am - Have a good day All
Old 01-19-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Shannon,
Feel better.
I am with you on being a new Seahawks fan. I, also, would like to see Wilson take Brady down. Most of all I would like to see a good game. Superbowls should be good games first and foremost.
Brynn, I hope your are doing better. Thinking of you. Sending you strength.
Mld, so glad you had a nice visit with your friend.
Midwest, enjoy your spaghetti.
Tonks, be safe out there.
Dax, enjoy your mom day. Soak it all in for us.
MariahGayle - have a good day.
Denise, I hope you are well.

I'm off - I'll check in later.
Sorry if I missed anyone - I love you all!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hello my lovelies!!

I hope everyone's having a wonderful Monday and Shannon, hope you're feeling better soon!
We never heard back from bigshoe did we? Hope he's ok!

Lots of neat things happening around here it sounds like....I've read everyone's posts and am thinking of each of you today.

Congrats to everyone enjoying another day of sobriety! Woohoo!!

Y'all, I'm getting a steroid treatment right now (yay) and I feel confident that this flare up will start to subside very soon and that I will have full use of my legs with no residual effects! My motivation and confidence is high today!

I'm grateful to be sober today so I can face this head on and know I am doing everything I can to combat this disease!

Love and hugs to each of you!
xoxo
Old 01-19-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Sitting in front of a liquor store right now. Not sure what im doing. Part of me wants to go in. Part of me is writing here. I quit drinking because I was miserable and I thought quitting would stop that. It hasn't. Not really. I know drinking will not fix this anymore... but I am desperate. I've tried praYing. It hasn't helped. Went to aa. Didn't help. Called my sponsor. No reply. So this is it.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey Erin! Have you played the tape forward? You're not going to like yourself or how you feel,tomorrow. Can you do something else right now instead of sitting in front of temptation? Go get a snack maybe or take a walk?
Old 01-19-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Step away from the liquor store Erin!!!!
It really won't be worth it, I think I'm one of the worst relapsers around here, take it from the dark side, it never turns out like I imagine it will, even when I don't cause any problems, it's boring,depressing, and I feel like sh1t. It's really just a drag all around.
Just don't drink today, go spoil yourself with a fancy coffee a new magazine and a bath maybe! Go buy yourself a little treat to make you feel happy!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You have the power Erin! Get yourself out of the situation! We're here for you. Be proud of yourself for posting!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

I really just dont feel like fighting it anymore.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've felt like that too, but honestly, its more work to drink, then quit again, or even just drink and not quit, it's really exhausting, and defeating, and I feel so alone after I've been drinking, like I'm a big loser who will never get over this. The recording that plays in my head for hours after a relapse is so hard to take, the self loathing is unbearable. It's honestly easier to be sober.
Why did you want to stop in the first place? What are your reasons?!!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Erin- hugs!! Please keep fighting!! It is worth it! It takes awhile for everything too work out. Give yourself time for everything to start clicking. Can you go to the gym or take a walk? That would be a healthy way to work out all that frustration.

We all care about you.