Administrator

Class of November 2014 Part 7

continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 01-13-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Watching Into the Woods. Seems good, musical, fairy tale... I would let my children watch it if they were youngsters. My partner said he would not although he is snoring away at the moment. I don't see the problem with it though.

Yup. Insomnia .
Old 01-14-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning class, just a quick check in to day hope everyone is doing well. Still sober and nicotine free here. Peace X
Old 01-14-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Well done peace xx

Day 6 for me not sure what I'm doing today I may make a chicken pie for husband and daughter for tonight so they have something while I'm at work.

Can't say I watched breaking bad my hun and daughter has and they loved it. I'm into silent witness. And death in paradise and other stuff it's hard for me to sit and watch tv without a drink as I used to watch a lot of things while drunk. So I mainly just read some good thriller books.

Any hoo hope u all have a good sober day xx
Old 01-14-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm reading The Farm, will likely finish it today. As far as TV goes, I am watching Shameless, Downton Abbey, and soon the second half of Walking Dead (my favorite!).
Old 01-14-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning! I'm currently watching two British shows, Downton Abbey and Gavin and Stacy. Plus I watch Shameless and Girls and way more than I care to admit. It's still dark at 5 pm so we pretty much veg out in front of the tv from 7:30 to 9 or so. Mr B likes to watch the guy shows on cable, the Alaskan bushmen and car shows and pickers. So I stream my stuff on the iPad. Come warm weather and light, the TV watching ends.

Groundhog, we watch the same shows except I don't watch anything with zombies.

Good going, erratic! Peacehappyness, kicking two substances to the curb, wow! How do you feel?
Gypsy, I hope the insomnia will disappear once you are able to resume your normal schedule. I really suffered with it during peri menopause and I still have some very restless nights, especially during the week. Last night I needed a meditation podcast around 3. It did the trick. since I quit drinking Oct 29, I get between 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 hrs of sleep a night. It doesn't seem like enough.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in because I haven't been posting much lately. I've been reading all your posts, but spending more time lurking and posting on the main forum. I've kind of been feeling like I'm trying to learn to ride a tricycle when others here are speeding through the Tour de France! Also, I've been under the weather with a cold/flu and very busy at work and home. I plan to spend more time here, because I think it's good for me to stay connected to those of you with weeks and months of sobriety. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone!

I've been shamefully watching Chicago Fire on DVDs from the library -- those boys are so pretty! (and of course, young enough to be my kids, but we won't go there). And we've been on a bit of a 70s kick with Netflix, watching Maude and Rhoda.

Josharon, I'm glad you're going to spend more time over here. We can complain about the cruddy DC weather together.

MM, keeping good thoughts for an easy delivery.

Erratic, that dinner sounds good on a cold day!

All lurking and MIA November classmates, please check in!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

workforit, schools were cancelled again! I think they are just messing with us at this point (there is a slight dusting of snow here).
Old 01-14-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cancelled for a dusting?

Good morning all. Still feeling tired. Sobriety seems to do that to me. Not that I don't feel tired when drinking, but then I feel like I have a reason for it. I need to give my body enough sobriety to adjust and be truly clean and healthy before giving up.

I did get some deep cleaning done in my bathroom, and the kids. But I feel it in my back today. Changed sheets on beds too. Will try to get a few tasks done today, but need ot get out as well. Groceries and I keep promising myself I will check out a nearby gym.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yes MIA peeps please check in!

Cold here again. Of course... It's winter lol. No snow however, which I appreciate. We had a lot last year.

No PT today hooray!!! But I'm going to drag myself out in the cold and drive an hour to go to Jiu Jitsu this afternoon .

That is, if I can get out from underneath the covers. Really dislike cold weather and I agree, watching tv is less prevalent in the warmer months. Watching True Blood now... Lots of drinking on that show. Mostly blood, but still lol.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back from Cuba!
Will update later, hope you all are well
Xoxo
Old 01-14-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Welcome back Jsbodhi! Can't wait to hear about your trip .

Heading home from Jiu Jitsu. Triangles & armbars for 2 hours. Awesome! Well, I was not on the receiving end so it's awesome lol. My poor instructor!

Feeling stronger physically... Sobriety too.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

josharon, i think i am learning to ride a tricycle as well. while things keep getting better, it is a slow process, and i am very happy to let it unfold just as it should. sure there are times i get frustrated and want to feel great, but that just wouldn't happen, because i put myself here through well over a decade of drinking.

one great thing about this arctic weather is that i feel more comfortable chilling out at home than if the weather were nice. it is actually a peaceful thing to let myself relax.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Hump Day!!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a busy week. 53 days!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

welcome back JS - so, fill us in, any hark handsome strangers? welcome back

also welcome back to our humble little group Jo, I have seen your posts. I particularly liked the story about how you met your partner at a meeting. That was very sweet. and I have nothing but fond memories of tricycles

Day 61 into recover here, 33 days since a drink. I have so much I am thinking about and need to find an hour to type it out but overall its going well.

Mag, TX, where are you, pop in to say hi.....
Old 01-15-2015, 12:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning all x

Feeling out of sorts today yet again I cancelled my appointment with physiatrist I just don't want to go out. Only reason I go to work is hub gives me a lift to and from and also dogs need out.

Not sure how to get me out of this cycle and find something worth while to do. All I do is lay in bed and read or sleep. Sry I guess I'm feeling sry for my self.

Day 7

Hope u all have a good sober day u all seem to be doing so well xx
Old 01-15-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

also welcome back to our humble little group Jo, I have seen your posts. I particularly liked the story about how you met your partner at a meeting.

Not me, but thanks. I met my husband in a bar (of course!) 17 years ago.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I've been very edgy at work this week, even yelling at my counterpart in the office next door. This is not like me. I don't yell at people, especially at work. Have to ponder what's going on. I have no drink cravings but chocolate! Trying to wean myself off sugar and some part of me says no. I've given up enough. Maybe that's true for now.

Good to see everyone checking in. Hope more of the November class find us. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Bernie -- maybe it's the withdrawal from the sugar. I know it makes you feel kinda yucky.

Today my boss is planning to tell his boss that he's going to retire in June. This leaves me feeling very up-in-the-air about what my job is going to look like, so a bit unsettled. It actually makes me even more thankful that I quit drinking, because I suspect things may be changing and I'll have to deal with it. Better to do that with a clear head.

Magellan, are you there? Tx?

Erratic, sorry you're not feeling good, still early days.

Hang in there, everybody! And check in, please.