My Story Part 2 - 365 days sober!

Old 12-26-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Story Part 2 - 365 days sober!

Heya guys, I've never been very active at posting on here, my last post being 118 days sober (this was also my first time posting). I never stop reading people's stories though and it has given me a lot of strength and determination so thank you everyone who has shared their struggles here. For every person that replies there are plenty who haven't and who have read your stories and taken something from it, so thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

My first post was here, detailing a little of my story and background with alcohol:

(Had to chop the URL as <15 posts)

/forums/newcomers-recovery/330118-ive-made-118-days-let-me-finally-share-my-story.html

Today is a very special day for me. I have made it to 365 days. Yep, a whole year since I have drank alcohol! I still think it was the best decision I've ever made. I'm thankful that the times I've really missed it have been fleeting moments and could be counted on one hand, and I've quickly realised how much I don't miss the hangovers, the withdrawals, the massive depression onslaught, and all the rest of the **** that comes with it.

It hasn't been a 100% plain sailing. My anxiety has increased, possibly due to the false confidence alcohol used to give me. For that one negative there are a hundred positives. I'm healthier, I sleep so much better, I've lost a whopping 50lbs (some of that may have gone back on over Christmas, but shhhhh!), and my extremely severe depression is a thousand times easier to manage. I can't get over the fact that I was punishing myself voluntarily for so long with the booze. I turn 30 years old next year and I feel like my life is just beginning since quitting.

Thanks for reading my story and thanks for all your support.

I hope you have all had a nice Christmas and here's to a happy, healthy and sober new year. X