Notices

Insomnia and Nigtmares

Old 12-15-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Insomnia and Nigtmares

This is my biggest obstacle.

In the past I've weaned off booze on my own, but the inability to sleep combined with crap sleep I can manage, makes it very difficult.

Then you wake up from a bad dread (and this time of year it's before the sun even comes up), and you just start the day wrong telling yourself that just one drink when the stores open at 9 will set you straight.

But it's never just one, right?

Why vibrate in bed when we have a 24-hour diner that serves over-priced hard liquor?

And since I'm there... maybe I can have one more... and then I have four more, and I can sleep, but at what cost?
Old 12-15-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The sleep and the nightmares do get better, with time - but only once you stop drinking Bobby.

D
Old 12-18-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I have had major sleep issues im not playing when i say i have suffered nearly every sleep disorder going

in sobriety it has calmed right down no more waking up screaming

no more cold sweats

i swear to you it gets a lot better
Old 01-23-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FunTimesBobby View Post
This is my biggest obstacle.

In the past I've weaned off booze on my own, but the inability to sleep combined with crap sleep I can manage, makes it very difficult.

Then you wake up from a bad dread (and this time of year it's before the sun even comes up), and you just start the day wrong telling yourself that just one drink when the stores open at 9 will set you straight.

But it's never just one, right?

Why vibrate in bed when we have a 24-hour diner that serves over-priced hard liquor?

And since I'm there... maybe I can have one more... and then I have four more, and I can sleep, but at what cost?
I'm right there with ya Bobby. Definitely gonna backfire one of these days, and you won't be able to drink them away. Check out some of the stickied articles in the top of this thread, if you haven't already. Detox may be necessary. I've read somewhere that cutting low on B vitamins (meat, seafood, dairy, fortified grains) may be helpful. Oh, and tryptophan pills (1000-3000 milligrams). But yeah, as always, do some research, and consult your physician. Good luck!

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I have had major sleep issues im not playing when i say i have suffered nearly every sleep disorder going

in sobriety it has calmed right down no more waking up screaming

no more cold sweats

i swear to you it gets a lot better
How freaking bizzare is it that the brain will generate those cold sweats during the night, but not during the day when no alcohol is in your system?!?