# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2014 Part 2

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2014-a-20.html

D
Old 12-11-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks FacingFuture, I have definitely decided that I'm quitting. Day 6 today. I guess I'm emotional and a little depressed. My husband has communication issues, which he has admitted to before. Thanks so much for the encouragement.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks FacingFuture, I have definitely decided that I'm quitting. Day 6 today. I guess I'm emotional and a little depressed. My husband has communication issues, which he has admitted too before. Thanks so much for the encouragement.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Classypants,

I think the one thing we all have to focus on is us, as individuals, getting better. There are always going to be challenges in our lives whether they come from work, or lack of it, spousal problems, or family problems. These in fact are the norm. We need to make ourselves strong so that when something out of the norm challenges us, we're in a position to handle it without hitting the bottle.

That said, today is night 10 for me. I've been doing really well but tonight I wondered if maybe I could have just one drink! It hasn't bothered me up to now but tonight that nagging "just a quick one" was in my ear. I didn't do it but I tell you, I wanted to.

I hope this feeling will go away soon......
Old 12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey everybody! Umm...was just catching up on posts here...someone talked about using alcohol as a reward...that's exactly what I've been wrestling with this afternoon...after all, it IS the start of my weekend grrrr...THAT kind of thinking has to be banished and replaced with another thought.
The truth is that I use alcohol for EVERY situation! Happy, sad, mad, winning, losing, whatever...it's all an excuse to drink!

I'm grateful to be sober today.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are better rewards...give it some thought and I bet you can find something rewarding and healthy to do Brynn

D
Old 12-11-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tired

Hi gang, seems a hard day for some,I hear that.

Depressed, but really don't feel like drinking.

I'm having to deal with crap I let get out of control while I was boozing it up instead of dealing with. It's a harsh wake up call and just makes me so furious I let things slide downhill so far, drinking and slapping Band-Aids on problems instead of facing the issues and really fixing them before they are to this point.

What a moronic turn of events. At least I sobered up in time to deal with the crisis before things went into critical mass. Very irked, to say it nicely, with myself. It's good to be able to vent here.

Stay strong all! Kick that nasty addiction urge right in it's ugly teeth.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Dee....Should've clarified...I was being a bit sarcastic...thanks to a wise friend here I have my weekend list of things I want/need to do, and my reward is to wake up tomorrow, day 7, with NO hangover and NO regrets!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi I'm on day 6 and loving it
Old 12-11-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There are better rewards...give it some thought and I bet you can find something rewarding and healthy to do Brynn

D
Originally Posted by Hopeful2013 View Post
Hi Classypants,

I think the one thing we all have to focus on is us, as individuals, getting better. There are always going to be challenges in our lives whether they come from work, or lack of it, spousal problems, or family problems. These in fact are the norm. We need to make ourselves strong so that when something out of the norm challenges us, we're in a position to handle it without hitting the bottle.

That said, today is night 10 for me. I've been doing really well but tonight I wondered if maybe I could have just one drink! It hasn't bothered me up to now but tonight that nagging "just a quick one" was in my ear. I didn't do it but I tell you, I wanted to.

I hope this feeling will go away soon......
Congrats on day 10. And keep trucking- tell that inner voice to buggar off. You deserve to get your life back (:

And thanks for the words of wisdom. I needed to hear that. Going to bed soon. See you all for day 7.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries Brynn

D
Old 12-11-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Treated myself to some dead bird in a box (KFC) for dinner.
..Rob ....your wife will love her bird house, I'm sure

Yes, BBB....I can really relate to using drink as a reward....it has been my reward "system" for a long time, but it has become anything but a reward......being filled with regret, anxiety, shame, wasting days away....no reward at all. I'm really working at rewarding myself with just little things & it is so....."rewarding

Great job on another day friends and if your struggling or didn't make it another day...jump back in here!

Don't beat yourself of Deemee, you are dealing with things now, so give yourself a break. I am dealing with some financial things myself right now as I've had my head in the sand a bit....caught a huge break with things today, but it is only temporary & I really need to get in gear & make some changes job wise, or I'll be right back where I was. Crazy thing is after I got some good news about things, my first thought was it would be great to celebrate with some beer....absolutely crazy. I treated myself to a box of calming chamomile tea with lavender & passionflower.

Hope you feel better after talking with your friend CP....((hugs)) to you

Stay safe all of out there in the story weather!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EJP

Day 6 is done.
Parts of today were an anxious, cranky mess but Im eating better and drinking more water. Plus forcing myself to exercise as much as I can.... For the most part Im just going thru the motions that should make this body feel better. I dont feel like myself but Im following my own advice even though I dont feel like it.

It awesome so many folks are doing well and being supportive.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going on 6 days EJP & hope tomorrow is a brighter day!
Old 12-11-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel grateful, honored and worried to join this December class as I get through this 5th day clean & sober. I am worried because I am anxious about posting/joining this class because it puts a stake in the sand and my bleeping AV, as usual, knows that I have been here before many times in the past two+ years and failed repeatedly. So posting here, in my mind, is a commitment that I hope will strengthen my resolve to make relapses a thing of my past. My AV always wants a back door available so I need to bar that door shut and with the help of SR/NA/AA that may just happen. Diligence must rule the day.

I met my NA sponsor tonight and I told him about a situation that occurred this morning which typically would have trigger a trip down-the-way and then bang, another relapse. For a few minutes my AV considered the what-if scenarios but I jumped on here and the cravings past. The collective wisdom of the SR members really helped to beat back the urge to run. I am so done with this 15+ year run!

I have been lucking here for a few months and this morning it paid dividends, so I'm indebted to SR and hopefully that debt grows exponentially. (Dee - sorry, I broke the rules on my very first post, but if it cements my recovery you have apologies ad infinitum)

Gratefully sober just for today!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Same

D
Old 12-11-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi all, great to hear some really positive thinking. I'm in day 6. Today my work broke up for the holidays and I have 5 weeks off. Traditional I get drunk tonight. Not this time for the first time in about 10 years. Feels strange, I've had the shakes all day not sure if I'm nervous or something else. Keep it up everyone
Old 12-11-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go poppymay

D
Old 12-12-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I would like to join this class
I am day 5
Old 12-12-2014, 01:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Greetings All!
Best wishes to my colleagues.
Everything's falling back into place for me,
today is day 18.
Getting errands and responsibilities accomplished
very efficiently, now that I can wake up earlier.
Sleep is refreshing, not a sweaty, heart-pounding
series of nightmares.
Thank the Lord.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
paloma @.gif (22.4 KB, 194 views)