Shotgun!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 11-18-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good morning thread 13!!!

I am sore and achey, but im hoping I can battle through today and manage body combat tonight, really want to look a bit more toned before my holiday!

hope everybody is well today and has a good day, im sending you all love, hugs and willpower to get through Wednesday.

today I am grateful for:

-my house finally going through!!!! I am no longer on the mortgage or connected to my ex. to celebrate ive booked myself in to get my hair done tomorrow. my first reaction was to get champagne!!! im sure this wont be a natural response one day! so tomorrow I will be a much brighter shad of pink, will post a picky if I have the courage!
-being able to properly househunt this weekend - I have my eye on a little beauty already!
-coffee (as always)!
-SR and each and everyone of you who all help me in different ways and ghost save me endless, you are all so precious.
-1 week to go til my holiday - the biggest challenge yet, and I feel strong minded about it.
-no rain today :-) (yet!)
-the endless love I receive from my family
-being part of the tennis team, a new team, who have no judgement for me, because now there is nothing to judge, and not bailing out of sessions to drink.
-all the checkins - I know some of you are having a rough time, but it is soooo good to see you check in.
-a job I adore, which I must run off to now!!!

Chrsitina, how you doing girl? glad you checked in, hope you're ok x

have agreat day all,
MUCH LOVE and BUG HUGS xxx
Old 11-18-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Hoping everyone is doing well. A shiny new thread again!

Like pink I am dashing off to work but I will post a little more later.

Have a great safe and sober day everyone.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning you hipster cool sober kids!!

Quick post cause I have been enjoying reading the post from cleareyes. Thank you! That really resonated, I will read it often.

Have a wicked cold and heading into work for a long day, including an evening meeting. Guess what though, it's all good, grateful to have my gig. Taking an Advil sinus and I will feel squeaky new in a bit. Can't do that with a hangover my comrades now can you!

Life I'd good, just look around for a minute or two today.

You are only as big as what bothers you.

Go big and smile today team!

I dare you to close your door and do the Pee Wee Herman dance today. You know, the one to the song tequila. Go ahead, I dare you!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning,

I am running late AGAIN for this 7:30 walk/jog. I will take the time to read the list from ClearEyes later so I can think it through.

Captain, if your family is thinking of ways to steer you away from alcohol, they are not going to be shocked that you have a drinking problem. THEY KNOW.

Funny about the devil/angel. I have started calling mine Sober Sounds SS, the opposite of AV.

Pink, congratulations on the house! I, too, think first to champagne to celebrate, and probably always will.

I have decided my drink for Thanksgiving will be lime seltzer water with a splash of cranberry juice.

Good luck and strength to those of you struggling today.

Where are you, knb???

Have a happy, safe and sober day everyone.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Quick check in before heading out---lots happening here!! Best to all who are struggling today. Sending each and every one of you a little extra love.

Sending love to those who are struggling with health issues as well. Best to you in your recoveries.

Need to head out for training, but wanted to hold myself accountable w/a quick check in. Will try to post more soon.

Much love,

MV
Old 11-19-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hobbers congratulations on 100 I am right here with you !!!! Do something very special for yourself !!! I am having chocolate cake and planning a special night out this weekend in San Francisco with my wife !!! Enjoy it you deserve it !!!!
Old 11-19-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cleareyes, thanks so much for the post! That's a keeper. And a really nice mental time out this morning.

Just a quick check in. Headed to the Dr today. Still haven't shaken this bug. Waaaayyy too close to home in this feeling. Can't believe I used to spend half my waking hours trying to function in a similar condition. How the f&@% did I ever get anything done (joke of course because all I really got done was a s#!+ton of drinkin)?

Right then. I'm sure the doc'll have me fixed up and I'll be top drawer in no time

Happy sober Wednesday everyone!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great to hear about your house, pink!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Check in on the new thread, this day 3.

Finally scheduled my mammogram and a cardiologist follow up appt (heart condition). Dentist this Friday. Ordered a new ******** as it's been expired. Feels good to "clean house". Know what I mean? Now to stay sober and follow through!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Haha! I'll let you guess what I ordered. Lol. Not sure why that word triggered.

(Traveling out of country next year )
Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey TeamA!

I am making a commitment to check-in here at least once a day...even a short post. I really miss the connection here.

I have been depressed about some post-divorce issues and overwhelmed with work. Yesterday it was absolutely freezing. I don't have a car so when I commute I am outside a lot waiting for buses and trains in Chiberia. I really try to stay positive but I get so worn down. Need to find a way to get through the next few months happy and sober.

Will catch up on everyone's posts when I can. Hugs to all!

Grateful for:
my healthy children
SR
TeamAugust
vegetable soup
Lavazza coffee
crochet
my work
my warm blanket

Old 11-19-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello all

To Team A stateside - I hear it's a little cold in some parts of the USA? I saw it on the BBC. Stay warm and stay sober!

Had a decent enough day today. Some good progress at work. Just living a normal day really. Nice to be relaxing at home. Was going to meet a friend but I am still not pushing things too much, so will add that to a list for another day.

Hope everyone is having a good hump day :-)
Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yah it's pretty chilly! Buffalo, NY has gotten some crazy, crazy snow. Like open up your door and there's a wall of snow with a door imprint. Saw something "funny" posted on FB - someone dug out snow shelves on that wall of snow and made a little beer fridge. :/
Old 11-19-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Yah it's pretty chilly! Buffalo, NY has gotten some crazy, crazy snow. Like open up your door and there's a wall of snow with a door imprint. Saw something "funny" posted on FB - someone dug out snow shelves on that wall of snow and made a little beer fridge. :/
Ah, clever but who wants a fridge when it's freezing outside? You guys need lots of hot chocolate and warming teas. Bobble hats and sober treats like hearty food :-)

I hope we have some snow this year! I think it's going to be here when Pink is away somewhere hot!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

London, it's like you're here.
Just got done with snow play, hot chocolate/tea, and there's a chicken pot pie in the oven!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
London, it's like you're here.
Just got done with snow play, hot chocolate/tea, and there's a chicken pot pie in the oven!
That sounds like a wonderful sober day and lots for the grateful list. Joyful !

I love chicken pot pie. The smell when it's ready is amazing and tastes real good. Hope you enjoyed the snow games :-)