# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-22.html

D
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's so great to see so many jumping back in and/or celebrating personal wins! The determination here is totally contagious. I love it.

This girl is super tired. Goodnight, all. Keep at it!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm still here! Still sober!

Can't get to sleep though. And I have a busy work day tomorrow...

How many more pages can we rack up by the end of the month? I don't use the forum default, so I see 30 posts per page, so I'm going to say we get to page three, or over 60 posts by the end of the month.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I think this is the Forum that I'm supposed to use. I quit drinking about 3 3/4 days ago. I have a plan this time.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi JP, Congrats on 3 3/4! You're definitely in the right place.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
It's so great to see so many jumping back in and/or celebrating personal wins! The determination here is totally contagious. I love it.

This girl is super tired. Goodnight, all. Keep at it!
Hello jp123, and Welcome! ♥

I'm on Day 4 as well.

Gosh this is an awesome class thread.... contagious determination...what a lovely concept.

I hope you guys can get some sleep.

Love V xx
Old 10-29-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cat Lady Extraordinaire

I'm here, I'm sober, I'm happy.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome jp, glad to see you here!

Dorky as it may sound, posting here is one small thing that is keeping me from drinking day to day. Because I really, really do not want to start another "Back to day one" thread.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cat Lady Extraordinaire

Keep at it Stevie, I look for your posts daily because of us having the same sober date. kind of keeps pushing me too, like look someone else the same day decided to change their life too.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Back atcha, Fishcakes - I think ChickChick as well.

I'm going to try this going to sleep thing again, good night all!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Stevie1

I really don't know how to work the SR Forum that good. Trial and Error.

This is a day by day thread, correct?
I may read about alcohol on here, but I have not even thought about a beer all day.

Wish I could have found the SR Forum sooner.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cat Lady Extraordinaire

Glad you're here now though JP!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome scaredbutsober josharon and jp
best of luck fishcakes and fantail

it's true alcohol is everywhere Stevie but in my experience you can make it easier on yourself by not trusting it in your face - if it was me, maybe those 4 miles might be a good recovery investment for a while?

sorry for the long thread guys - I do my best but summer is really hot here for me.
I have to rationalise my time until I get used to it
D
Old 10-29-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 27 done.

Moving day tomorrow. Praying for a clear and smooth move.

No glitches/issues please.

Have a great evening all.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Cat Lady Extraordinaire

My bf sent me an article today about Fireball, which was my FAVORITE booze, she goes, good thing you stopped drinking, you'd be able to defrost your car this winter otherwise. found out it has chemicals that are in antifreeze. lol. eek!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

sorry for the long thread guys - I do my best but summer is really hot here for me.
I have to rationalise my time until I get used to it
D
Thanks for rubbing it in Dee. It's bloody miserable here in Northern Hemisphere Ireland!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Gonna throw my hat in the ring here. Night 10 sober, 2am. Too late to go buy booze. I only mention that bc from 1:45-2 it took every inch of my being not to make a store run. Really struggled tonight. I can't live with booze, but life without it seems unbearable at times. Anyway, I'm sober. Glad to join up this month's group.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey all. Welcome all the octsobers, day 18 my sleep is still off, one good day one bad but it's getting better. Yesterday my AV came back and wanted a few beers, I've. Been waiting for it to return and was ready. No I don't drink any more and you can't change my mind. The past 17 days have been great, some rough spots but I really don't want a drink, a lot of bad memory's help keep me on track. Also enjoying waking up with a clear head, getting a lot done and having some quality time and conversations with Kim. Far better then being drunk and arguing. I started exercising again yesterday . I want to drop 20 lbs and start running and riding my bike again, One of my friends started to do triathlons last year, I think that may be my goal, The run and the bike is no problem but the swimming is going to test my resolve, I sink like a rock . Well it's time to try to get a few hours of sleep in, Stay well , Stay Sober
Old 10-30-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day two, night three for me sober... just got out of work, low cravings (i know those will hit hard around seven days, or the weekend, so i am going to have a plan, even if i have to just be here and start a blog, constantly be in forums, or chat)

Sleep is terrible without having the option of passing out to combat my tinnitus (this has been a relapse trigger in the past, it is rough this time too, but not going to give my AV that weapon) and also a change in work shift recently has my cycle all off.

That being said, I feel pretty good, low cravings, but very spacey. Went to a drive through today, paid, and then pulled out of line and almost left the lot without my food (although I did get a laugh out of it, and it was nice to be able to go in without fear of being judged for being blatantly hung over)

I still cannot think of this as being a forever thing for me, even though I know deep down I must remain sober if I ever want a chance to be actually happy... so one day at a time for me keeps that panic from overwhelming me. I just have to get through today. Once the physical discomfort calms down a bit, have some plans for lifestyle changes, as I feel that will help with the "how can I live without booze" fear.

Anyway, it feels good overall to be sober, once my cells stop crying for it, which they should shortly. Then I have to watch out for my brutally sneaky AV. I know how it works, and it always won, but this time I will not let it, because this time I am being sober for me... no one pressured me, I am not trying to keep a relationship, I am doing this because a) my rate of consumption, plus the twenty years of it, would kill me before 45, and b) I am tired of knowing deep down what I want and letting my addiction make me unable to achieve it.

Ran long in this, did not think I had that much to say at 2:45 am

One last thought: I'm new, is it bad to view your sobriety selfishly early on? I have friends who think I can still drink and family that does not know my decision or would not believe me anyway... the friends i am changing, family I will deal with... but my thought is "I don't care, I am doing this for me". (realizing it will affect my family in a positive way)

Thanks for listening , octsobers...namaste
Old 10-30-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

day 15. For the 1st time in months. This is too good to let go.