http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-15-a-20.html

D
Old 10-19-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes................ 1st!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

btw if people want to see my blog it's here --> My Journey | Trying to navigate my way through this world. Learning how to build myself up without tearing myself down completely…

Hope it's allowed to post that here.

Ok now I must sleep.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not allowed Luc, sorry.
Originally Posted by Rule One
We do not allow links to other blogs or forums in posts anywhere on the forum.

A link to your personal page is allowed in your profile as your homepage. Commercial links are not allowed as your homepage. Links must be appropriate and abide by the forum rules or they will be removed.
You can PM interested people the link or, if it's non commercial, you can make it your home page (UserCP>edit your details>home page url)and then people can access it in the drop down menu under your name.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Ok, well I asked a bunch of times previously!! Either had gotten no answer, or had someone say it's probably allowed. Gah.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry, I do my best to keep up, but I hadn't seen you ask before.

D
Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Ok no problem. Ok must go to bed now...
Old 10-20-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks for new thread Dee

Congratulations on 1/2 a year of sobriety Freein....Sooo Happy for you!!

I will definitely check out your blog Luce - Be good to yourself this week & keep pushing forward!

Well, I'm off to a great start this Monday Morning....I recently did a fantastic interior clean of my car & especially liked the scented gardenia oil I put in the soapy water to clean with...smelled wonderful. So, Son & I are on the way to the bus at 6:30 this morning & I hit a live skunk...think he may possibly be lodged underneath my car. I have never seen my Son move as fast as He did getting out of the car for the bus, wishing me a Happy Monday. I am getting ready now to take it down the street to the little oil lube place to see if the guys will see if the poor little guy is stuck underneath the car...needless to say, it doesn't smell like gardenia anymore.

Like just stinks sometimes
Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on six months Freein! That's so amazing. And I loved reading your post yesterday about how it gets better. It sounds like things are getting better all the time. I can't wait to get there!

Mariah, oh no about driving over the skunk! Life is funny like that sometimes.
Just when you've cleaned your car...

Anyway, checking in on day 2. Hope everyone is well.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mariah, Oh dear, sorry to hear your morning hasn't gone as smoothly as it should have!

Hopefully tomorrow will start off better.

I've been doing a lot of work sitting at a desk today, my poor body needs a stretch, so I'm off to do some yoga before bed tonight.

I need to get some more movement in to my life somehow.sitting down for hours and hours just doesn't do me any good at all.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats Freein, such a huge achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Luc: Thich Naht Hahn's book, 'Anger' is a really good read.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats Freein !

It's easy to see the miles of physical , mental and spiritual changes your first six months,..
Such an important milestone , ....possibly the biggest, imo.

No looking back now !

Mariah, ...wow ! Hope you'll be able to find a good solution for any lingering
stink, ......this article seems to recommend a 1-to-9 solution of bleach-to-water. Another article was recommending vinegar,...Getting that vehicle up on a lift to do it may be the bigger challenge !?!
The Best Way to Get Rid of Skunk Smell-Odor Removal

...good luck whichever approach you go with !

Just mounted two new bicycle tires on the hybrid before work tonight, ...they look more rounded where they contact the ground, so hopefully they'll roll easier than the old ones. The tread had separated on the old front tire, and I kept getting these mysterious flats on the rear. Kind of excited to clean the drive train up tomorrow and go for a ride.

Feeling esp. grateful to be clean and sober this evening,...
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think I said it before but it's worth saying again: congrats FreeIn

D
Old 10-20-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats Freein!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks TS - The person that does all our carpet cleaning for the company I work for has a device he is going to bring to me tomorrow that should help & I will check out that info...It is definitely lingering.

Had a pretty good day otherwise It is so nice to go to work & not be full of anxiety & simply wishing the day was over & being able to focus & feel good about my work.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congratulations on hitting the 6 month mark, Freein. That's a huge milestone, and I'm proud of you.
Lucrezia, I apologize for giving you bad information. I thought you could post the link to your blog on here. I am interested in reading it.
Mariah, yuck! I'm sorry you have to deal with that nastiness.
Topspin, happy trails to you! I hope you have a great ride on your new tires.
Rocks, I hope you're feeling a lot better than you were a couple of days ago, and I'm glad you're back on the wagon.
Chick, I'm really glad you're back with us and posting again.
Obosob, Applekat, Solitary, Izzy and Soliloquy, I hope you are all doing well today. I'm thinking of you.
I've been having some intense and kind of surprising cravings for herb the last few days. It's harvest time around here, and people keep trying to give it to me, so maybe it isn't so surprising. It feels pretty good to say I don't do that anymore when they offer, but the thought of smoking has been sticking with me. I feel solid in my resolve, though, and it's more of an annoyance than anything.
I haven't heard from creepy guy since Saturday now. Hopefully this time it will stick. Thanks for the support on this, I appreciate it.
Otherwise everything here is good. I've started producing inventory for my holiday season, and really have a lot to do. I've been running behind on production for this entire year, and I need to get all caught up now. I can't sell it if I haven't made it, and I really need to sell it.
I hope this week is off to a great start for everyone.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Adna - Up until about 16 years ago I smoked almost daily for over 20 years (periods of time where I didn't) & anymore, like last week-end when I smoked, I did not like the feeling at all....really magnified my anxiety. Just talked to #2 Son tonight & asked if He was still smoking (when we talked awhile back, he said he was really trying to quit), He said that it was hard right now because it's harvest & it was being given to him. Glad you have a strong resolve to stand firm.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Mariah - sorry about the car and the skunk!

Freein - congrats again! Just because I made a post but was like the last one in the last thread, so... yeah!! Also, I've also been kinda sedentary lately... lots of sitting...so today I went for an hour long walk with my only friend, haha. It was great!

Rocks - congrats on day 2. I'm just finishing up day 3 myself. Let's never give up.

Tops, Dee, chickchick - ....hi!!! xD

Obo - thank you for the book suggestion.

Adna - don't worry about it! Anyway, I have it set to my homepage now (atleast I think I did that right) so on my profile the link to my blog should be there. ^_^

Well, I actually had a lovely day today. I went for a walk with that same friend that I gave the sherry to. She's the only non-professional that knows, I think. It was really nice to get out in the autumn colours and have a good walk and talk with someone I admire. I need to build more experiences like that. And of course the exercise helped me a lot, too. Oh, and then I sang as well....we have some concerts coming up so that's great.

My cravings for drinking aren't as strong, and I feel like I've passed that hump...every month my cravings seem to come in waves and it doesn't matter if I'm drinking or not or what. Atleast that's how it seems. So I'm in a low period. So this just means that I have to mentally prepare myself, for the future. This last time I gave up alcohol for a week it was the toughest thing I've done... harder than all the other times. So, omg, I might have to go through all that, all over again?! I hope I can remember my skills....hope it doesn't take me off guard. Must be vigilant. I have a pile of books lined up. And lists of my skills, so I don't forget.

Anyway, goodnight peoples...onwards to day 4, for me.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

It works Luc...haven't had the chance to look closely yet tho

and no worries adna
D