Administrator

Class of August 2014 Part 9

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-21.html

D
Old 10-07-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi everyone .. a good start back to the school term ... I play my first game of field hockey in my life tonight . Start coaching the school touch team this week. Haven't done that for a while.

Things are "amicable" at home. I guess you can't argue if you hardly speak. That's a good as it gets at the moment.

I'm keeping busy. I love summer. A beautiful dau Down Under.

Last edited by LSC1; 10-07-2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-07-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Scooter- what a wonderful tribute to you, the person-that everyone comes to you for support/advice/listening ear. As stressful as it feels right now, it is a wonderful compliment.

CaliChris- you give wonderful advice- you have a great "knack"- ALL IN!

Congrats to our 50 & 60 day folk! Right behind you Apple, Determined and doing!

Choobie- yes! highs and lows are so much nicer, so much easier.

Hello to Dee, London, Ultra- thinking of you Penkins and BBF-stay determined
Old 10-07-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Holding strong here on day 2. Feeling much better. ( Fever was gone this morn and the more i moved the better i felt. Thnks to all for their well wishes.).

honestly I do pretty good until about 2-3 weeks. Then something in my head changes its thought process and I cave. So basically I have about 2 weeks to figure it out.

Scooter. You can do this. Its actually a compliment that your family trusts you and your judgement. Its awesome they can lean on you Whoever posted about just listening (sorry don't have my notepad up) is right. Just listening and acknowledging and sharing in his grief says a thousand words.

Congrats to everyone on "1 more day".
Old 10-07-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Scooter - "Thank you so much. I am a wreck; I am fighting tears. I did suggest my brother speak to his doctor, but he did not seem to think that was a good idea. I basically just listened, and told him I loved him. I wish he had phoned one of my brothers, but he and I have always been close. He is the baby of six. I know he will be phoning again; the last time he called he did not know if he was going to spend the night at home or in a motel.

I don't know why anyone in my family who has a problem decides I am the one to tell. I am single, live alone with my dog and cat, should be enjoying my sobriety. Instead I am always on edge, waiting for the other shoe to drop, the phone to ring, someone to need me to vent to."

Scooter - It's so nice of you to be an ear for your brother. That's probably all you can do now, though. I think they must choose you to talk to for a darn good reason. You listen and you care! Just don't neglect you, and forget about you and your sobriety right now. We are all so fragile still. We've been escaping from ourselves for so long, just don't get distracted from your newfound focus. Keep talking to us here. You're doing great! Big hugs.

BBF - hi!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Penkins, I'm the same way. I know it though. Hoping I can be vigilant against it.

Bbf, sorry you had a rough go of it. Glad you made it through.

Ph7, way to go on 62 days! Though sorry your not feeling well. Hopefully it will pass.

Scooter, I'm sorry to hear about your family. I think Cali's advice is great, though. Hopefully your brother will find some resolution. But family stuff is always gut wrenching and always makes it so hard.

Lsc1, good luck in your game! Let us know how it goes.

I'm through the day and working back to normalcy. Like penkins I always have good resolve at this point and then it fails me. But it is a hump I know I have to get over for the sale of, well, me. Onward and upward.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just got out of the Tuesday night SR meeting in the chat room it was a good one (as always)!
Now off to play some serious night time tennis under the lights!
Keep checking in Scooter and hugs to everyone!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi!

Goodnight all :-)
Old 10-07-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Goodnight bblackbirdflyy and all of #TeamAugust.
Looks like the rest of the U.S. is going to sleep. 10pm here on the West coast. Almost time for our friends on the other side of the pond to wake up and keep this thing going
Absolutely love this 24/7 global support family we have here!
Love you all and see you tomorrow !!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((ScooterBoo))) That is a tough situation. Keep posting.

Penkins - Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Congrats to all on your milestones. Keep on keepin' on team!

I just found out some very stressful news about my pending divorce. Not going to go into details right now but I so badly wanted a way to just escape from my thoughts and emotions this afternoon. I'm not going to lie - the main reason I did not slip was because I had work responsibilities until late tonight. I am so grateful for the work I had lined up because I don't know if I would have been strong enough emotionally to think rationally tonight. I am not going to drink tonight and I know I won't drink tomorrow - will be in divorce court and then working. Worried about getting triggered tomorrow because I know my FEH (future ex husband) will use my past drinking against me in any way possible. Trying to stay in the moment because my AV is already searching for a future date. Just being honest and telling on my AV to hopefully smash it through sharing with all of you.

The red flags are going up though - I am feeling very stressed and sad. Historically the emotional triggers have always been worse for me than any social or physical cravings. It helps to write about it.

Grateful to be sober tonight even though my world is being turned upside down. As I'm writing this I realize that I have changed greatly in the last two months because for the first time I am trying to see the silver lining in this dark cloud...and I did not drink over it.

I actually was having a wonderful day until I got the news.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh yes Calichris, the UK is awake. Will take the baton from you on the West Coast USA.

Good to see part 9.

I am up very early, pre 6am as I have built one AA breakfast meeting into my plan on Wednesdays. It's in a beautiful small church and I get to walk right by St Paul's Cathedral on the way there (my favourite building in the world) and buy a huge Starbucks too. It really gives me a mid-week boost. Settled on just the one breakfast meeting as I find it hard to get up this early all week.

It's going to be a long day as tonight is more Step 5 reading.

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and sober day today.

Grateful - stay strong. You are top drawer remember! Sorry you have had a tough one. Try to get some sleep this evening, recharge those batteries. Tomorrow hold your head up high, you are beating this day by day. AV can go away!!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Close of Day 11. Just wanted to check in quickly Ive been pretty busy all day. I've read most posts. I noticed when u compare our class to others we sure do post a lot more. LOL I love it! *Big Hugs* Scooter and Grateful. xoxo Goodnight all.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hugs GRATEFUL. Proud of your resolve to stay sober thru this. You're an inspiration. Keep going!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through Grateful

Do you have anyone to talk to and confide in, or just to vent to? A divorce can be incredibly stressful.

I know you'll find support here, in any case

D
Old 10-08-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grateful, you nailed it when you said for the first time you are seeing the silver lining. If you drink, that silver will turn black overnight!! You can get through this with your sobriety in tact and grow from it to a better place.

Use this as another workout to build your sobriety muscles!

Keep moving relentlessly forward team! Dig deep, read your first posts and smile guys, we are doing this and we have only just begun to show the AV what we are made of!
Old 10-08-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey there LSC, nice to see you here, hope you're well!

Well done for getting back on track penkins, it really takes a lot of resolve. I'm sure all if not most of us can relate to the mind games that occur after a few weeks of sobriety. When the body heals the liar returns. It's a process that has had me over many a time! AA is helping me a great this time, as is posting here, it's important to keep in touch with the reality of my drinking! I've also found meditation a great way to separate myself from my thoughts and to realize that they are only thoughts and I don't need to act on them.

Grateful and scooter I'm really sorry to hear about the tough times you are going through. I hope they pass soon and you come through them even stronger. Power to you guys.

I actually got up and went for a job this morn, the first time in a very long time. I only lasted 10 mins haha, but after reading up on the internet I should have split my time between walking and jogging to start, which is what I'll do next and hopefully last longer! Anyway it felt good to give it a go.

I'm still waiting to hear about my start date for this temp job, but should hear back soon. For today I can help look after my niece and nephew and also do some planning for my ebay business. London of course I will offer you discount my friend. Oh and your resolve is ever inspiring, up at 6am for a meeting is something else, that sort of effort will stand you in good stead I'm sure. Good luck with the rest of your step 5.

Wishing you all a sober and peaceful day.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great to hear you are kickin it brach! Awesome on the job and the jog! Exercise is meditation in motion my friend!
Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Good luck and stay strong today, Grateful.

I am jumpy today; just waiting for the phone to ring and hoping it doesn't. Hearing my brother sobbing was very nerve-wracking for me. Last night my phone rang at 8:58, and it was a political survey. I told her I did not have time. That phone call really shook me up. We had terrible wind and rain all night, which did not help as I tossed and turned. Then, this morning, my phone rang at 6:20! It was my old neighbor telling me that her husband, who has been in ICU in Boston for two weeks, passed away. I had brought her in to see him twice, and she saw my kitchen light on, so she called. Those two calls have set me off - - I am beyond worry for my brother and his three kids; I am jumpy, skiddish, restless, depressed and fighting tears.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Scooter)))

I'm sorry all this is happening at once. I hope that you yourself have people to lean on too?

wishing you strength today.

D
Old 10-08-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that scooter. How far is your brother? Maybe going to give him a hug and support would make him feel better?

Big hugs to you. I get really anxious when things start to go wrong. I hate that feeling. Hoping it passes quickly for you.