Notices

Some weird-ass insomnia effect

Old 09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some weird-ass insomnia effect

What the title says. Some background info; I'm a 19year old male living in Belgium, I'm in my final year of high school/secondary school and I've been drinking on and off for a few years now. I'll skip my youngest years and go right to the 'good' part.

Two years ago I shoplifted a lot, including alcohol. Of course, with the large influx of free booze I was able to indulge in drinking which I believe laid the foundation for what I'm now here for. After getting caught twice for theft I swore off shoplifting. This was kindof a good thing for my habit, since I wasn't stealing any booze anymore which resulted in a decrease of alcohol consumption. However, I smoked weed and started experimenting with other stuff, but that's a different story. I still drank, but not in the excessive amounts I used to.

Until this summer. I'd had some personal troubles and started drinking again, I was broke, so cheap beer and wine/cava to get through the day (and night). I partied, drank, smoked, popped and didn't give a damn. Then I found a summerjob. I worked the month of august during which I mainly smoked weed and didn't drink or do anything else.

Aaaanyways, now I notice that since that blurry month of july I haven't been able to drink a single beer/wine/whatever without suffering from heart palpitations and sleeplesness for at least two days straight. Is there anyone else who suffers the same effect? If so, have you found a solution? (I tried Valium, ****** up my heart and stomach completely, I'm now off it) Will this ever go away? I really just want to be able to enjoy a beer with my friends, and I'm perfectly able to keep it at just ONE beer. It's the insomnia that's bothering, nay, KILLING me.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

are you drinking...using then stopping....this could be withdrawal from booze or the pills..if you stop everything for a while..like at least a month you will know if you have something not related at all to substance.

are these night terrors? or you just can't sleep
Old 10-01-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iggy24 View Post
are you drinking...using then stopping....this could be withdrawal from booze or the pills..if you stop everything for a while..like at least a month you will know if you have something not related at all to substance.

are these night terrors? or you just can't sleep
Ah, I see. Well, I haven't drunk since last thursday. Haven't smoked since friday, and am trying to keep it up for a month. I was just wondering if anyone has already done this before me. Precedents are always helpful

EDIT: It's no that I have nightmares, only sleeplesness. A weird dream now and then, but nothing to worry about.