# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2014 part 3

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, is it too late for me to join? I know October is just around the corner but I din't want to wait another minute.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Hi, is it too late for me to join? I know October is just around the corner but I din't want to wait another minute.
Welcome! Congrats!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Starting day 9.... Body is in terrible shape... I have just been overwatering to cope with the anxiety and guilt. A healthier lifestyle will me my next goal
Old 09-29-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nmd

Day 15 here, two sober weekends in the bag. Weekends used to terrify me because they usually ended in regret. This one just went too fast, kind of like this past summer. It was high 70s all weekend, but I worked around the house getting ready for winter or at least a first frost. We had a freak storm in October a few years back that brought two feet of heavy wet snow and widespread power outages from downed trees. So, cars are in the garage, gutters cleaned, generator fires up. I gave myself time to just relax too, walk the dog and sit outside and enjoy the weather. I used to need to drink to have an excuse to relax.

Came up with plans for my birthday with the family, no big party. :-)

Back to work... Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Heck no, it's not too late.

And welcome!

That's awesome that you didn't want to wait another minute too!!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post

Heck no, it's not too late.

And welcome!

That's awesome that you didn't want to wait another minute too!!
I agree completely, today is the best day to quit, welcome!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EJM824 View Post
Starting day 9.... Body is in terrible shape... I have just been overwatering to cope with the anxiety and guilt. A healthier lifestyle will me my next goal

Overeating*
Old 09-29-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by EJM824 View Post

Overeating*
I was wondering if you needed hedge clippers ;-)
Old 09-29-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Mera

Be gentle with yourself EMJ - there's time to focus on that too

D
Old 09-29-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was thinking you were just drinking too much water! Overeating makes more sense, I am doing that too. One of the reasons I wanted to stop drinking is to return to a healthy weight (I've gained about 50 pounds in the past few years...ugh). I'm afraid to step on the scale, but I know I've gained instead. Serenity now!!!

Day 12 here, hanging in there! We can do this.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey,

Great posts....and it sound like everyone had a productive and sober weekend.....fabulous!

It was a nice weekend, although too much on the warm side. I can't wait for that bitter crispness of fall weather again. We put up Halloween décor yesterday and my wife and son are happy now. I ended doing most of the work which is a challenge during NFL Sunday. That's the only day of the week during the season that I ask for some time to myself. So, my son and wife were bugging me and I was a little short, but I did come through.

Well, (5) weeks today. Had a few flash-backs of drinking which is natural for me....just have to derail those thoughts very quickly. The AV loves when you open up to the thought, and long enough to persuade....

I've fallen for that trap many times. The thought just wins you over, but not if you whisk it away immediately....that's the key and I truly believe it's a learning process for many. I'm getting better at it!!

Bless and Stay Strong Septemberites......October is a right around the corner.....Congrats to all, regardless of your status, because you're trying and believe it or not, you're a minority in this category (for making the effort).....it takes a special strength and a gratitude for life!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Speaking of eating.

I've become bored with my eating intake. I'm hungry and I look in the fridge and there's plenty to choose from, but I'll close the door and then just walk around, opening every cabinet....and I then I just walk away...then I'll come back a 1/2 hour later.

I usually gain about 10 lbs. over the course a few months when I'm drinking, so, I think it's just a conscious effort to eat less and eat better.

The combination of over-eating and effects of booze, I looked pretty over-weight (especially in my face). I'm thankful that I can snap-back to shape in a month. I don't think I can do that again....reason number 20 to quit for good!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
love is the answer

A busy, nerve wracking weekend successfully negotiated here at mystified towers. Glad to be here and sober but very very tired on day 13.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I must be at day 28, based on my sobriety date. Wow, four weeks!

I hung out with my daughter and soon-to-be-ex yesterday. It went rather nicely, though it makes me uncomfortable to be around my almost-ex. I always feel guilty around her.

I did think a little about drinking yesterday when I got back home, but quickly remembered how sick I got last time I drank. [[[shudder]]]
Old 09-29-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A full weekend of sobriety. Feels good. Going to enjoy the day today by building a new run for my Peafowl! Busy hands. Slept like a baby. Taking a bubble bath with my 3 year old and loving the day.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 17

Glad others had a good weekend although slightly envious, as I was laid up with raging headaches/body pain.

Today for the first time in 3 days, I woke up without a headache!! Yay! I think the stretching and massage chair yesterday helped. Maybe resting too.

Ready to meet the day and full of energy for a change! I guess I have to learn to just accept the ups and downs. I think normal people have those too
Old 09-29-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 3 starting now.

Yesterday was fine. It was pretty work-centric as I was there from 10:45 am until 9 pm. Had a very fleeting thought of "It'd be nice to run down the corner to the store and buy a bottle of wine right now. I could always start this sobriety thing tomorrow." I know well enough from past experience that tomorrow never comes so instead I focused on some meditation exercises and then read on this forum for a bit. Like I said, it was a fleeting thought, not even a true craving, and was gone within five minutes. Slept very hard last night. Usually I wake up pretty energetic (if I'm not hungover, that is), but I'm still feeling pretty groggy this morning.

I'm off work today so there will probably be some temptation to drink. If it hits, it'll probably be at around two or three this afternoon. Even if I didn't start drinking that early, that's usually when I started to plan how I was going to drink later in the day. I'm working on avoiding some of that pressure today by going to an AA meeting at noon and probably another one at eight tonight. I also have a short list of around-the-house stuff I want to get done so that'll help keep my mind away from the bottle as well. And I know I can always jump on the computer and read or post in here if I need some quick support.

Wishing everyone a happy and sober Monday!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am in for a sober day again here in the Midwest.

I am trying to not pay attention to the "days" so much as paying attention to the day TODAY that I want to stay sober.

Hello to all my fellow classmates, together we can make it a great alcohol free day.

Hugs to everyone!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Back to Day 1, for the third and final time this month. (With plans for forever.) Should be easier now that the anniversary of my mom's death has passed.