Notices

Grateful it's Gone

Old 09-25-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful it's Gone

Well boys and girls, it's been a while since I have been on here. Sorry! Have been working my tail off cleaning out a flooded house that my SO inherited from her ex. Sandy hit it with 3 ft of crappy water. And his sister lived upstairs for like 40 years and was a hoarder, not nasty stuff, just bought all kinds of crap and piled it in every room to the ceilings! Then her son came in as they both are in a nursing home, looking for treasures and really trashed the place, leaving it all for my SO and I to clean up to sell it. Glad it is finally gone and grateful that I didn't need any alcohol to do it! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 09-25-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Bobby!

Sounds like a lot of hard work. Good for you getting it done without alcohol!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, Bobby. Sounds as though you had a royal mess to deal with; congrats on maintaining your sobriety through all of that.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It would have been quite a bit more of a feat to accomplish while drinking, I had thoughts of a nice cold beer or 2 to wash the dust down, but had visions of my falling out of the attic and being impaled on all the crap I dragged out of there, LOL! The new owner expressed his thanks many times during the course of the deal and was very grateful that we worked so hard to leave it broom swept instead of as is, which is what we originally agreed on! He is a hard working young man about to get married and they really wanted that house, we could not leave that mess with good conscience. He is a builder and told us to keep the keys so we could see his fiancee and his dream happen. We went in today and in 4 days he gutted the house , all at night without making the neighbors crazy! I wish them well, he must be tired though, god I vaguely remember when I was 30 and could work like that, LOL! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby