http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-31-a-20.html

D
Old 09-10-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shotguuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn
Old 09-10-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awww, Trachy! I saw the earlier thread right after it closed but before this one was set up. So I detoured to the Undies to read and post, thinking I could still make shotgun here. One has to be really quick to beat you, Trachy :-) congrats!

(((Marcher))), so sorry to hear you had such a rough day! Funerals, memorials and celebrations of life are hard enough without all you experienced. And then your mum's fall, too. I hope you have a better day today!
Old 09-10-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

First time I've ever heard of the choices being "Shotgun or Undies"
Old 09-10-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been part of this group for what? 18 months now? And never once have I made shotgun - grrrr....

Marcher, so sorry about your horrible day but I'm glad it's over for you. I know I don't have to tell you this, but think of how much worse it would have been if you were drinking. I hope you get some rest and that your mom's hand is ok.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi!! I keep seeing you all around the forums.

If I would have quit a year earlier, I would have been in this class...and so much else would have been better, as well. As I've said before, my March 2014 class is very quiet these days, so I'm back to visit.

I wanted the little in the Recent Posts lists, so it would remind me to come here! You guys are my adopted family. I just hit six months - yay, me!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

bimini, this is the BEST group. These people are ANGELS! I came back here just for them.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know, trach. You're in here!

I found this thread when I was a couple months sober I think. I was looking to see "what it will be like" at a year. They welcomed me with all the love and kindness in their hearts, and I've been visiting occasionally. I feel comfortable here.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yay you is right, Bimini!!! Congrats on 6 months!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bimini, congrats on 6 months!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Bim

D
Old 09-10-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers and a big congratulations to our newest Marcher biminiblue! When Shoes drops in she might have a piece of fruit for you.

I'm having a day at home with Mum today, not to fuss because we don't do that sort of stuff, just for company and to both get over yesterday.

Trachy I know what you mean about not minding a bit of revisionism about our lives at our funerals but it was the complete rewriting that pushed my buttons. And it wasn't rewritten for any purpose other than promoting the church involved.

Life where are you? It worries me when you go quiet.

Have a good quiet happy day peeps.

ETA Although on Tuesday AV was suggesting a drink, I did not hear a peep out of AV yesterday.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

BTW, Trachy and Ken I really hope you guys can get together, I'd give anything to be there with you both.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm with you Marcher, where the heck is lifet? You check in, love.

Glad you're here bimini.

I think there's laws against more than two of us Marchers getting together...
Old 09-11-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations Bimini, 6 months is AWESOME! and you are always welcome here, a Marcher is a Marcher!

Marcher, I'm glad you and mum are having a nice day together 'regrouping' stoically. Having attended so many and varied funeral services, from those where love and laughter filled the room to those where I wondered who the flip they were talking about coz it sure wasn't the person I knew, I think I need to plan my own down to the minutiae ! I said to my mum once that my dad ( a bigger, louder, more self absorbed, version of me) will hate his funeral - finally the total centre of attention and won't be able to say a word! ( fortunately she laughed rather than disinheriting me. Hubby says father will record his service himself so he does get to hold us captive one last time!

A Turtle with a Shotgun! yay!

Duff, ya snooze, ya lose!

Laters xx
Old 09-11-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you escaped with your sanity, Marcher!

Congratulations, Bimini!
Old 09-11-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello All!!!!

Bimini, welcome back and congrats on 6 months.

Marcher, I think all funerals have rewritten histories of the guest of honor. Some by the church and some by the family. I've always found it kind of funny since most people who are at the ceremony pretty well knew the person. I know when my father passed away, I "learned' a few things about him, some of which I knew to be incorrect, like how much of a "devout" church goer he was. I had to assume "devout" now includes Chistmas Eve Only. Glad you got through it!

Trach, I will be a prisoner of Delta on Oct 3 arriving at 10:15 am, leaving at 12:15, would love to meet you if you can make it.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

As today is the anniversary of the attacks in 2001, I'll tell you the story of my day.

I don't know if you all know, but the bowling center I work at is on the military base in Key West.

I had just gotten back for a vacation in Belize the Wednesday before, I came into work that day and the café crew told me to turn on the TV, a plane just hit the WTC. I turned on the TV just in time to see the 2nd plane hit.

Within 5 minutes I got a phone call to meet in the boss' office. When I got there I was told that this was an act of terrorism and the base is on full security mode, which means essential personnel only.

Being that I run the bowling center, I grabbed my keys and said "See ya later". Suddenly, I was informed that I was considered essential.

Even though we had a working galley at the time, ran by active duty personnel, I was told that they had closed down and someone had to stay to be able to prepare food for the people that had to stay.

That person was me, even though at the time I had two active duty cooks working in the café, they had already been sent home.

I called the then Mrs Budd and explained the situation and jokingly told her to increase my life insurance.

So, for the next few days, until security eased up, I got to cook lunches for the other essentials, which weren't many after tasting what I could cook.

It took almost a month and a half before we could reopen to our civilian leagues, and then, they weren't allowed to drive on base until around January 2002. So the bowling center had a van that we had to run to the gate and pick everyone up.

That was an interesting few months around here.....
Old 09-11-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Ken that is an amazing story about 9/11, I never considered all the other parts of the country that would be affected. It was around midnight here when it happened.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Fantastic Bimini!! 6 months is awesome! Join the Banana club!