Notices

Pouring it away

Old 09-06-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pouring it away

I woke up my normal anxious, hungover self... sipped one and then thought, I am not doing this today, I want to try and have a good weekend instead of trying to hide that I am battling anxiety, sweating. So I poured it down the sink, told my BF what I had done, (he is the most supportive man ever, no idea how he deals with my drinking) and went and sat in a massive bubble bath reading game of thrones until my mind calmed down and the urge passed.

So today I am grateful for his love and support - which I very often throw in his face. Currently one hour at a time, but have to start back somewhere I guess. Cannot deal with anxiety and suicidal thoughts that clear up when, oh yes, I don't have a banging hangover/still drunk etc.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you snowvelvet! Lots of great support here.

Take care of yourself.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Excellent, Snowvelvet!

Once you get past the initial period of cravings I believe you find that the anxiety was actually being caused by the alcohol. In my case, once I made it to about 45 days my anxiety and panic attacks started fading away. Now, those moments are no longer a part of my life and the clarity I have keeps me sober.

The Chat Room is a great place to get support and we have meetings every tue and fri at 9pm EST (US). I hope to see you there!