Notices

This far and still i tried to end it

Old 07-29-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This far and still i tried to end it

Have been clean and sober for just over 5 months and have not busted but attempted. Suicide last week and just got discharged from a psych hospital. I can't believe how much the booze and drugs were 'removing me' from society. Last week things were going well then one morning I just go up and (I won't say what I did) I guess I dropped my guard.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I was hospitalized 15 years ago, the technician told me that suicide was the ultimate F you. Is there something you are angry at at the base of your pain?

Please talk it out on here or with people on the outside that you trust--maybe a counselor?
Old 07-29-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
For me, suicide is the "ace in the hole", something I can keep in my pocket and take out for consideration when the going gets too rough to handle.

After being discharged from a psych ward I had to make the decision every day to take action, ask for help, and not attempt to live life alone.

9 years later, I still have to make that decision every day.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble pdoc but I'm glad you're back here and talking.
You're amongst friends here

D
Old 07-29-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree with Dee pdoc - I'm very thankful you're posting. You are among people who understand and care.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm saddened to hear that the OP and Astro would consider suicide. After a few experiences being the one left standing, because someone in the family decided suicide would be best for them. Our family will never, ever be the same. Ever. I beg you don't do that to the ones left standing.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I'm saddened to hear that the OP and Astro would consider suicide. After a few experiences being the one left standing, because someone in the family decided suicide would be best for them. Our family will never, ever be the same. Ever. I beg you don't do that to the ones left standing.
Amen. Two cousins in the past three years!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

PDoc, are you still around? How are you doing?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

And here we think that taking ourselves out of the pain and suffering we are "helping" others by no longer living and causing them pain. However, ending our lives will only make the pain that much worse for others left behind. I've thought about suicide. A lot more these days then ever. Times are really hard right now. As much as I am trying to stay positive... it's so hard. Nothing about life is easy but we must never give up. Ever.