Notices

Thanks SR

Old 07-08-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks SR

I am grateful for SR!

I don’t post that much, but I am here almost every day. The reason why I can’t be so active is because my husband doesn’t know that I have subscribed. He knows I read a lot, but I just rather keep it this way. He did ask me why I didn’t post and I responded that I didn’t feel that I needed to do it…

Well. I just want to thank SR, all the people who post and keep it going for the people like me who just troll around at first and then participate a little bit. I am thankful for this place because it has been helping me keep strong about my decision of not drinking. I was a binge drinker and nobody in my life considers me an alcoholic. Surprisingly everyone is being really supportive. I do not attend any meetings, I am a lone fighter, but I really feel that having the people here helps me hold myself accountable and honest. I have said something here that I have only told 2 people in my “real” life. A girlfriend and my husband just recently as part of becoming honest with myself and enhance my sobriety. Man, it was soooo hard. Just having strangers to vent to and get feedback is great. I also appreciate very much that people are respectful and open.

So thanks everyone…
Old 07-08-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was a lone fighter too, Nowsthetime. I joined SR and all of a sudden I didn't feel alone in my battle. Made all the difference in the world for me.

So happy to hear you feel the same.