Notices

new to this...

Old 06-27-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mim

new to this...

hello there, third night up w/o sleep...really tired of being tired..lol have had sleeping problems all of my life. when the depression sets in bad, i use to sleep all of the time. for the last 5 years i have slowly fallen into a dark never ending spiral of sleeplessness. when i do sleep, it is about 2 hours at the max.. but 3 to 4 days will go by with no sleep. and years ago i would fall into a deep sleep after days days w/o sleeping and sleep at least 6-8 hours...now that never happens! now its only 2-3 hours.. i have lost my independence, my mind, my memory, and memories, i stumble when i walk, i cant really talk clearly at times, my mind is so fried..i just dont feel confident anymore, i cant plan on outings, due to the fact that i just wont be able to function with so little sleep, i lose my patience on about the 3rd day, i just have no clue how to keep going on like this..i dont know if i can? i have tried every medicine, the doctors say i am med resistant... so there...here i am in a nutshell! ha! ha! no pun intended...thanks..
Old 06-27-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello mim, and welcome to SR!

I'm sorry you're struggling with insomnia, it sounds very difficult.

Keep sharing, I'm sure some of our members can offer some experience in this area.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mim

astro, thank you, yes i am sure there are people out there that are going through even tougher times than myself..it will be nice to hear about other peoples experiences.., and i love that quote...i just read it for the first time about 2 weeks ago! thanks!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mim, I hope your doctors have checked your thyroid; a hyperactive thyroid may cause the sleeplessness. Of course depression and/or anxiety can also cause what you describe, and it would be important to treat those first.

In recent bouts of anxiety, I have been awake for days. It can be very stressful. Of course the anxiety (and insomnia) responded to the ativan i received in the ER.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mim

Wink sweet dreams

raul88, hello, thankyou for your response. i do have a low thyroid which i am being treating for with medication. and also i am being treated with lithium and prozac for depressin- bi/polar..i do not have anxiety attacks..i do suffer from depression, but at the moment i am able to function, despite the no sleep.. when i do go to bed i am very calm and put myself in a state of meditation...so my mind isnt racing when i do lay down..i no longer get upset and angry about no sleep, i just accept it and do what i can day to day..i have been to sleep studies and they never really said anything i all ready did not know...the doctors over the years have me try different meds and then if they do not work, they just kinda of dont say anything else..they tend to ignore that it even exists... well, i really appreciate your concern and your response! hoping your sleep goes well... sorry got carried away with the icons!! kinda new to this...ha! ha!