Notices

Totally codependent

Old 06-22-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Totally codependent

Hi there,

Itīs been a while since Iīve been here. Iīve been going through a bad depression since 2009, but have been feeling better during past years. Iīve been going through unemployment and financial hardship, but things are not as bad as before.

I stopped drinking years ago and recently stopped smoking, comfort eating and spending. I miss the spending very much and sometimes the food.

At the moment, I feel very shaken up. I donīt know if itīs the financial problems, but I feel I have no self esteem. I feel Iīm so codependent, I cannot find who I am. I have no courage to speak to my boss about my salary. I used to have courage, but itīs gone. I donīt know what happened to me, I only see this fog in my head and the anxiety. I need help really badly.

Please help and thanks for reading.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome back, Viola.

I'm sorry you're feeling this was and I'm glad you're reaching out for help. Recovery from any addiction begins inside of us, but I've found that trying to do it alone is a fruitless effort. I need face-to-face interaction with people that I can talk to about my emotions, and who can share their experiences and strength with me in return.

If you don't have codependency meetings in your area, how about churches that might offer counseling? The coda.org website has a World Meeting locator, there might be one in your area or check the website for other resources you might find helpful.