Ive had it

Old 06-20-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ive had it

I have to stop now before it's too late. Have to let go of this insane secret crack life I've been living
Old 06-20-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah you do.
You're risking everything in your life you love and hold dear.

Where do you stand on things like NA, Four?

D
Old 06-20-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've went to meetings for many years but I've lost all interest in them.

I should go to one and see what happens
Old 06-20-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well you need to do something other than smoke more crack, man.
Thats the bottom line here.

D
Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Welcome to you four812. There is a lot of support for you here at SR, and on the Secular Connections forum. When I first found SR, it was a great comfort to me to read about others who were just like me. There was nothing special about me and my experiences after all. Part of that was the idea that misery loves company, but there was a lot more than that. I learned about others and how they succeeded in finding their way out of their darkness.

You say that you 'have to' stop your crack cocaine use. You will begin to see your way forward when you start to accept your reality and use other verbs. I 'needed to stop' drinking, but nothing happened until I started to say, I must stop drinking, I shall stop drinking dammit, and then with a great sense of relief, I said that I had stopped. That last drink I had the day before, was the last drink I would ever have. That was almost three years ago now.

Along the same lines of word choice and how we see things, I have come to understand that quitting is something that only happens in the present moment. Saying that I was going to quit meant and accomplished diddly squat. The rubber met the road when I finally said that the drink I had had the day before was the one, not the one in front of me or the one I would have next.

People quit their addictions all the time, every day. You can decide to be one of them. Today. You CAN do it, and you deserve to have a life without this garbage in your life. You deserve to be at peace, to find joy and beauty, and your own measure of happiness. You deserve to be free.

Best to you, Four812. Onward.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well said freshstart,
Word choice certainly is a funny thing. I had a phone call from my brother while driving home tonight, I had a feeling he might be drinking & throw out an invite for me to join him. 2 mins into the call & out it comes. I find it hard to turn him down & normally say,, " I'm off the booze " or " na, not tonight " or even " some other time bro ". But tonight I said " I don't drink " , it was a real game changer & it felt great, like I had taken charge of something which normally gives me the slip. My brother wasn't offended & I ain't drunk tonight,,, win win.
Four, I wish you the best with this , pick a recovery route for yourself and start chipping away at it. You can do this.