Class of September 2013 - Part 31

Last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-30-a-20.html

Have a good weekend guys
D
Old 06-13-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

What do you need to do to get out of the 'bad way' you're in BrOOksie?

D
Old 06-13-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

I just need to make it to Friday, which is payday!!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me first! Well, except again, Dee, you got there first! LOL. Too funny!

Sorry you are struggling Brooksie. People say money does not buy happiness, but a lack of funds sure can be challenging and can bring hardship. I hope things pick up. You are being paid for the script, right?

Also, I know exercise is so key for me, and when I fall out of it, I am very sluggish. It is hard to force it when I feel that way, but once I do, I feel so much more alive and energetic and positive. Big slump here as I am still not fully back to normal after the pneumonia.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Aww, Brooksie! You beat me while I was still typing!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Me first! Well, except again, Dee, you got there first! LOL. Too funny!

Sorry you are struggling Brooksie. People say money does not buy happiness, but a lack of funds sure can be challenging and can bring hardship. I hope things pick up. You are being paid for the script, right?

Also, I know exercise is so key for me, and when I fall out of it, I am very sluggish. It is hard to force it when I feel that way, but once I do, I feel so much more alive and energetic and positive. Big slump here as I am still not fully back to normal after the pneumonia.
I will be paid once I finish the script next week, thank goodness!!

Ughhhh, I really don't feel like working out today!!!

But I know it will make me feel better so I am gonna try to force myself to take this class! Also if I don't show up, I'm in for a scornful look from the trainer!!

I'm sorry you're still not back to 100% Rochele! Respatory illnesses take FOREVERR to recover from!

Exercise is good, but so is rest and recovery! Maybe you can ease back in to exercise by walking and seeing how you feel?
Old 06-13-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Fantastic Friday Edition~
~~Bring Back The "LOVE"~~

Welcome to the day that you realize that it’s better to give people roses while they can still smell them instead waiting until its too late! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to bringing back the Love!

Recently, I listened to a song titled "I want the love" and the premise of the song was basically stating to not wait until someone has gone to show them that you loved them because at that moment it would be too late…

Love has always been and will always be the greatest secret to the best possible life! If you love everything you do and love everyone you are around, then it is impossible to ever have a bad day! Love is the energy that makes all possible! Love is the mechanism that allows people to keep going when the going gets tough! This is in relationships, in careers, and in everything you do! If you love it, then it will all be worthwhile!

The problem lies in us trying to give love to things that don’t deserve it and holding it back from those that do! Love is a natural feeling that should be practiced religiously everyday! It should never be forced and never be taken for granted! Make sure that you are only surrounding yourself with the people and things you love, and doing everything in your power to spread that love daily!

The fact of the matter is that the only guarantee that we have in life is that we are all going to die! Whether we want to accept it or not, this reality is one that we cannot escape. Don’t wait until it’s too late to show your love! Whether people show it or not, everyone is dealing with some type of battle, and a word of encouragement can go a long way! Instead of staying quiet or criticizing, give people a fine reputation to live up to. Instead of holding your admiration inside, let people know how much they mean to you (Not only in words but also in your actions)! It means more than you even realize! #BrickBackTheLove!! There’s more than enough hate going around!!

~~Love Snacks~~

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”-Morrie Schwartz

“You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.”-Barbara De Angelis

“Love is the bread of life: you have to make it everyday if you want it fresh.” -Unknown

“Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.”-Gary Zukav

“Faith makes all things possible…. love makes all things easy.”-Unknown

“Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” -ranklin P. Jones

“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”-Unknown

“Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says: ‘I need you because I love you’.”-Erich Fromm
Old 06-13-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
I will be paid once I finish the script next week, thank goodness!!

Ughhhh, I really don't feel like working out today!!!

But I know it will make me feel better so I am gonna try to force myself to take this class! Also if I don't show up, I'm in for a scornful look from the trainer!!
First, its good to know you will get your finances str8 soon Brooksie, we are all in a better state of mind when our pockets are right. Also, I suggest that you make that gym session, I guarantee you will feel better afterwards. Once we get to the gym it all falls into place. Njoy the day Brooksie!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
First, its good to know you will get your finances str8 soon Brooksie, we are all in a better state of mind when our pockets are right. Also, I suggest that you make that gym session, I guarantee you will feel better afterwards. Once we get to the gym it all falls into place. Njoy the day Brooksie!!!
I made it to the class!!

Have a good weekend, BLK!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done Br00ksie, nothing like a workout to clear your mind !
Old 06-13-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well, all the prep work is done and tomorrow is dd's Graduation Open House. The weather is supposed to be PERFECT - 76 and sunny. Wow!

What do you all have planned for the weekend?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good job getting to class, Brooksie! I know how hard it is to wait for payday. You have my love and sympathy!

Good luck this weekend, PBC! You have been working so hard, I am sure it will be a beautiful weekend full of great sober memories. What a wonderful gift for your daughter!

Rochele, I sure hope you are all better soon. This has been a real bear for you!

We are at the beach with DH's family. We travelled for 14 hours today and I am exhausted but wired, trying to find sleepiness so I can tuck in and shake the mood I am in. We have come here for this week every year since 1990 except for a couple years when I was enormously pregnant.

This is the first place I began hiding booze. I remember thinking the first time I did it, "This isn't good. This is what alcoholics do." It will be a real change to be here sober in the evenings, but I am not too worried about it. Other than my DH, no one here is a big drinker. My SIL actually has about 20 years sober, but she is not someone I want to share any sort of bonding about the matter with. I brought my good camera with me and plan to spend a few evenings down on the beach trying for some good shots. Got a couple of books to read. The teenagers always have some sort of movie marathon going that I could sit in on. And I will be sticking close to SR just in case.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I am thinking of OneStep, NuWay, Hooped, Fish, Melina....hoping all are well.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ~ Weekend Challenge Edition~
~~Changing Our Rituals~~

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”―Ralph Waldo Emerson

A lot of us, whether we like to admit it or not, say all the right things and then do the exact opposite when it comes to making our lives better. We hope to experience growth, but we resist the discipline and the actions required to create the change. We want less stress, yet we indulge in drama. We long for better relationships, and then we refuse to trust anyone. In other words, what we say we want and what we do with our time and actions are hopelessly disconnected. And the two will never meet without an intervention.

It’s important to note, though, that I get it. I understand where you’re coming from. I make the same mistakes. Change is hard to deal with. Needless drama can be addictive. Relationships take a lot of work. I’m sure you can relate to this very ideology. In a nutshell, when it comes to working hard to achieve a substantial life goal of any kind – earning a degree, building a business, fostering a relationship, raising a family, becoming more mindful, or any other personal achievement that takes time and commitment – one thing we have to ask yourself is this:

“Am I willing to spend a little time every day like many people won’t, so I can spend the better part of my life like many people can’t?”

Think about it. We ultimately become what we repeatedly do. The acquisition of knowledge doesn’t mean we’re growing – growing happens when what we know changes how we live. And isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different? That’s the power of daily rituals.

~~Tomorrow I will post the first in a 2 part series on how to change our rituals, but marinate on what I've stated so far and see if it resonates with you all. Have a great Saturday!!~~
Old 06-14-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey guys - sorry to be a stranger. I'm fine, still sober, was just on vacation last weekend, swamped w school and then ended up in the hospital this week with the stomach flu (husband also got it) then had to bleach the house from top to bottom to keep kiddo from getting it. Love to everyone. Xoxoxox
Old 06-14-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Hey guys - sorry to be a stranger. I'm fine, still sober, was just on vacation last weekend, swamped w school and then ended up in the hospital this week with the stomach flu (husband also got it) then had to bleach the house from top to bottom to keep kiddo from getting it. Love to everyone. Xoxoxox
Great to hear from you Renarde and better to hear that all in your family is feeling better after the flu. Njoy the weekend.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey all, just checking in. Still sober. Ready to look for my next job. Time to move on in 2015. Sorry to hear of the flu Renarde, hoping for a swift recovery.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey ya'all Just wanted to pop by and say hi. I am working hard on my recovery right now and woke up to Day 22. I know it doesn't sound like much compared to some of you but for me it's huge!! I was really struggling with staying sober. But now I am seeing a therapist and she is really helping me. I am also going back to school to (finally!) earn my BA. The class and homework have proven to be a good distraction.

Hope all is well with all of you
Old 06-15-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I found this photo on the web and it really spoke to me. I remember feeling so completely out of it, and I know I was completely useless at times to my family, just like this dear man. I hope I can figure out how to attach it right ...
Old 06-15-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi kellbell! Glad to hear from you and awesome on going back to school! That is a challenge with children and a job. I wish you well!

Good to hear from you Renarde. Hope you are feeling better.

Hope your party was awsome, PBC.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey all

Checking in ! So, I am still on the hunt though its slowing down a bit given the holidays are coming upon us. I have had a few good interviews so there is hope. However, I've learnt to temper down any expectations. If it happens, it happens otherwise I am moving on.

Anyway, I have also been doing more work on my start up idea. Its getting to crunch time when I am thinking of registering a company and getting developers to actually start coding (registering a company and getting the app done wont cost a lot of money - I hope). I've talked to a bunch of folks and so far it has been very positive about the idea. Getting folks to commit is another thing !

Soo, I will be hitting a cross road. I do believe that the start up is a good idea. It resonates with me in terms of being part of the sharing economy and is just plain cool However, I have bills to pay and no income coming in. I have no idea whether this idea will be profitable. It seems high risk for me and I am no spring chicken.

The cross road is whether I go for the start up or go back to corporate life. Of course, this assumes that I do get a corporate job ! But one day I think I will hit this cross road and I've been thinking about it a lot. Not sure what to do ....

Great to hear from you Kell ! 22 days is a solid start !

Oh, and I am still on the wagon, chuffing along

Have a lovely day/evening all ! Much love and thanks

K