# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 33

we continue from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-32-a-20.html

D
Old 06-06-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey all, sorry I wasn't able to post for a few days, but I am now a week + 1 day sober. It has been a terrible few days, I didn't really know that I could feel that bad, the anxiety and the feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin. I had a doctor's appointment today and ended up getting flagged for depression, which I do think is a simultaneous issue. I was honest about my drinking (for the first time ever) and my recent efforts at sobriety, which obviously they encouraged. She was actually fairly complimentary, saying that it's very hard for people to admit they have a problem and then do something about it... so I'm passing that on to everyone here. We should be at least a little proud of ourselves

I still feel awful tonight, but not quite as bad. Hope everyone is well, I missed this place the past couple days!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

FIRST!!!

Yea baby!!!

Thanks for the new thread, Dee

Oh, quick edit necessary. Looks like I'm second fiddle, again

Graceette, great job on the 8 days sober, and for your rigorous honesty with your Dr. You rock!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm here, just still feeling kind of lowish and a bit unwell. So I am reading and you are all in my thoughts. Have a great evening. I'm so glad to know you all are here. I'm hopeful my mojo will come back sooner than later.

Aly xxoo
Old 06-06-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post

Oh, quick edit necessary. Looks like I'm second fiddle, again

Graceette, great job on the 8 days sober, and for your rigorous honesty with your Dr. You rock!
Haha, sorry about that. And thanks, I think that talking about it here first has made it easier for me to say out loud to other humans. Well, like three humans, two of which were medical professionals haha.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AND

Congrats to those with big milestones today. Very awesome!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Gracette
feel better soon Aly

Sorry about that Carlos - you need to be pretty darn quick on the draw

D
Old 06-06-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We are here thinking about you too, Ali.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gracette - good job reaching out to your doctor. Way to go!

Aly - Thinking of you. Sometimes it helps to pour it all out - at least it's helped me. That's what we're here for.

As for what kind of marks a certain somebody left behind, I'd say no kookier than the 19 I left!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread... Don't know why I never participated in it before.

Anyhow, I had 93 days of sobriety until Tuesday when I slipped (then slipped on Wed too). I'm back on day 2. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome facing future!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello, from the last thread, I had tons to say but it was closed. snif. ;(
let's see...

I wanted to say congrats to BF for pounds lost and to Gillmer too for shorts fitting again.

To Courage, you write well. Love the little story.

Carlos, I hope your friend feels better. I do believe in the collective power of prayer so I'm thinking one for him (or her).

DG, it's so very understandable that you miss your ex. Time has passed and you see things in a different light now. Perhaps if he decided to become sober, it would change the situation. Be grateful for the good times you had.

GF, it's never too late I hope to get back to these first loves you mention. You're young, very young, well younger than I am and I promise you, life has a way of working in perfect cycles. I just completed one. From complete misery to almost perfect situation. and there is no doubts in my mind that I will live many more cycles, maybe not as drastic, but certainly some ups and downs that way. You've given a lot to your family. Perhaps it is time to get back to your true self.

One person said that the best way to attain happiness is to reverse our thinking. We are already happy now and adding rich stuff will contribute to our happiness instead of thinking we'll be happy when this or that happens.

So Courage, in 2 weeks, I will tell you and followers of this thread what my other latest discovery is. ok?

Tanya, so relieved for you that the headache left on its own. I hope your AA meeting went well.

BTW, my friend B who lost her child, has finally gone to AA last Wednesday and she seems determined to eventually quit. I'm very happy.

And to the newcomers, if you read just a bit of past threads, you'll know us pretty quickly. Welcome. You're in the right spot. This group is ultra supportive of one another.

DP (or Dottie, Dorothy).
Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Gracette)))

(((Aly)))

Welcome, Facing Future!
Old 06-06-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Have you ever done the wrong thing in a situation and wished you could have a do-over? Well, I got that chance yesterday!

Early in my sobriety I took a trip to the supermarket and walked past a wine display with a lady handing out samples. I didn't want any, but I choked when she made eye contact with me and took it. I felt like kicking myself! It didn't lead to a relapse, but it bugged me nevertheless.

Yesterday i saw another lady with wine samples facing the entrance of the store. I was totally psyched! I glanced at her as I went down the produce aisle, but she didn't spot me. I finished with the produce and walked right past her. She called out to me, and I got to say, "No thanks--I'm an alcoholic!" with a cheery smile!

It's always so entertaining to see people look startled!
Old 06-07-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

2 Months Congrats to BoozeFree!

PMOW PMOW! That's the reciprocal of "Womp Womp!"
Old 06-07-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 06-07-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Gracette, I felt the same way that having admitted things here I was able to talk to my doctor more honestly, I am sorry you have had it tough, two things, one, you are hopefully coming out of the worst of it now and two, go write down exactly how crappy you have been feeling as a detergent for ever letting yourself go back there! I think the first week is a real hurdle.

Aly, I do hope you feel better soon, you are doing the right thing by sticking around. And staying sober!!!

Gilmer, I have done similar! I find it hugely irresponsible of supermarkets to give alcohol tasters, even when I drank I thought that.
In a similar vein, does anyone else prefer to be known as an alkie rather than a boring teetotaller or is it just me??? In New Orleans we stopped in a real dive bar late on the Sunday night ( we were looking for food not realising most places shut early) anyhoo, hubby asked what beers they had and this big guy sat with his lady ( both familiar with a bar stool ) said to me that a particular brew was good. I smiled and said I didn't drink, they looked at each other, and I felt like they had decided I spoke a foreign language and therefore there was no point talking to me. I was unable to stop myself from telling them I used to enjoy beer far too much for my own good and so now didn't drink at all. Why? I certainly didn't feel a need to impress them or begin a conversation, I was wanting to get out of there pronto before I got dysentery from the nearby barcloth! ( yeah I know you don't get dysentery like that but cleanliness in the place was obviously not the bar keeps priority, other than possibly once a year, the same day he bathed.

Facing Future, welcome to the thread, plenty here have done similar, think about what led to your slip so you can be prepared for the next time you feel the temptation.

Hi Courage, yes I'm well, and looking forward to Monday!!

Dottie, how lovely to have a full circle moment, it is lovely when we get positive ones, there are also the negative types that tend to come around when we don't make personal progress!!

Carlos, coming second is no bad thing. Think about it..... And there it is! I hope your friend is improving hun.

Courage, I have wiped my eyes, stilled my beating heart, bitten my finger nails to the quick and prepared fresh popcorn, so any time you like, I'm ready for part four!

Have a great sober weekend folks I am getting to visit the Hamptons today, something I have wanted to do for a long time, gawp at homes I could only dream of getting close to without being chased of by a man in a unifor with a big dog!!

Laters x
Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
go write down exactly how crappy you have been feeling as a detergent for ever letting yourself go back there!
Umm--Toots--I think you meant "deterrent!"

Old 06-07-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Every time I go to a wedding or funeral with my cousins, they're always pushing beer on me. I just smile and tell them I'm an alcoholic--I like it too much.

They always get a really funny look, because as a kid I was always the goody-two-shoes of the family. Plus, they've never really seen me drinking. I guess they figure, "If she's an alcoholic, what the hell are we?"
Old 06-07-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on the milestones BF, Drake and Dotti P.

Tanya and Aly, Feel better.

Gracette, way to GO!

Toots, I went down with the chainsaw and did a little work and then I looked HARD at them. End of story, there gone til next year. Maybe we can skinny deep then. lol.

Gilmer, I like your spirit.

FF, A hug and a big welcome back!

DG, thinking of you.

Carlos, Dee and everyone, have a great weekend!

Me, I get to work em. til later........................