Notices

Lamictal

Old 06-06-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lamictal

Hi. Has anyone heard of Lamictal? I went to Detox May 14 and they Doc prescribed lamictal. When I was sent home he gave me a prescription for 100mg and I have been on them ever since. Now, I am ready the dose he started me out on is too high and I am also ready about a rash. I'm so scared! Any advice please?

Mary
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by joey0530 View Post
Hi. Has anyone heard of Lamictal? I went to Detox May 14 and they Doc prescribed lamictal. When I was sent home he gave me a prescription for 100mg and I have been on them ever since. Now, I am ready the dose he started me out on is too high and I am also ready about a rash. I'm so scared! Any advice please?

Mary

Hi Mary,
Sadly I cannot help with this as I have never heard of such a thing, there are plenty good pholk on SR that will no doubt have greater knowledge than myself and will be online to help you soon.

Have a great weekend Mary.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I take Lamictal currently. I started out on 50mg but quickly titrated to 100mg and then to 200mg. Everyone is a little bit different though depending on body chemistry and physical factors. The rash is very played up but in reality, according to my pdoc, it is rare. However, if you believe you have it, seek medical attention, obviously.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm on Lactimal, 200 2x a day. (So 400 a day). I love it. Stabilises my mood amazingly but doesn't numb me out. Do you have a diagnosis? How are you finding it?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also, though the deadly rash is rare, smaller and less deadly rashes can happen, and that's not to worry about, though you should seek immediate attention, if that makes sense?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks. I am withdrawing from Lamictal. I had a severe reaction last week and had to go to the ER. Had flu like symptoms, fever, blurry vision, itching that wouldn't stop, stomach pains and I felt like I drank 40 cups of coffee. I was confused, etc. My Dr. told me to go to the ER right away and they told me I had a reaction. Tomorrow I go back to my Doctor to find something else that I might try.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Joey I hope you feel better soon, I have only just seen your post. I am so glad you got to the Docs. The Doctor should have told you about the rash, it means that you needed to stop Lamictal asap.
My son is on lamictal and a few other anticonvulsants, lamictal is also used for treating epilepsy and I familiar with its potential side effects. I really hope you get better soon.