Notices

New!

Old 05-23-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New!

Hello to all, I'm here to get some insight, so I am 3 months off of hydros and at first the anxiety and sleep were hard to come by, then I started to sleep again but was just tired all the time.....So fast forward, about 2 weeks ago, the anxiety and not really sleeping well came back :/ So I'm wondering if anyone could tell me, is this normal? How long should I expect this to last? I DONT want to be on scripts to sleep!!!!

Mona
Old 05-23-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LDT

It took more than 3 months for me to start sleeping again. And even then I was in and out of it. It just takes the body a while to heal. We've put it through a lot of abuse, and I think we just need to let it heal at it's own pace. Having said that, I find that when I have a regular exercise routine and eat clean ( eliminating sugar), my sleep is greatly improved. I have no doubt yours will come back. The best bit of advice i was ever given in early sobriety was " Don't ever underestimate the value of simply resting".
Old 05-23-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totfit

How much exercise are you getting. This will make a world of difference. Don't underestimate the value of exercise and a healthy diet. These are critical.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for your response I'm not currently doing much for exercise besides walking around the block, but I'm guessing run/jog would be better?!?! And my diet isn't the best, as we are getting ready to move and have had a lot of take out....does the amount of time using and used matter when it comes to recovery?
Old 05-23-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LDT

I don't know the answer to that question godsent3. I only know my own experience. I would just trust that your body will heal in exactly the amount of time it needs. For some that is sooner, for others, later.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by totfit View Post
How much exercise are you getting. This will make a world of difference. Don't underestimate the value of exercise and a healthy diet. These are critical.
i think you are so correct. exercise and a healthy diet was so important to me. it really helped me decreased the cravings and get good sleep.