Notices

Alcohol, Anxiety and a Busy Schedule

Old 04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol, Anxiety and a Busy Schedule

I just hit a year sobriety and it's been a great year. However I still feel easily pressured with a new full-time job and completing school work on top of that. I'm not doing as well as I could and I'm thankful just thankful that I'm getting the minimum done.

So basically a new, my busy schedule puts a lot of pressure on me and by being newly sober. Does anyone have any tips on managing a busy schedule? It's the busiest I've ever been and even though it's been a year now, I still feel like a rookie.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mejorando

I think some of us thrive on pressure and others don't...JMO I'm not sure it's a recovery issue per se, unless that pressure leads to you thinking about a drink.

I'm not a great fan of pressure myself. I'm a natural procrastinator, putting things off to the last minute. I try and guard against that - getting things done early reduces pressure.

Lists help me too - think up a reasonable schedule for the day, and prioritise your tasks.
If you reach the end of your list, make another one and start on that.

Never be afraid to ask for help either. That was a big one for me - I didn't want people to think badly of me, but then by not asking for help I'd mess up anyway....

I'd much rather ask for help or clarification than get deeper and deeper into something I can't understand or handle.

D