Notices

Random christian irked me really bad today

Old 04-16-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Random christian irked me really bad today

First I want to say that I'm a born again cristian
That said a cristian irked me today , . I was in a library today in the genolog section getting a copy made of some math formulas, I over heard a man say christianity. Is so simple , " christ said love thy lord with all thy heart ," and then spouted off the golden rule , so simple . I felt like walking up to him and saying , what about people who can't love? Who don't feel emotions as you do ? I'm a 38 year old bipolar recoving aa. As a boy and teen I. Did feel things but I was always described as cold or aloof, in my mid twentys I started having polar swings, I felt rage and elation for long periods now I feel nothing , I'm not a sociopath, I definently know the difference between right and wrong , my nature is one of a playfull benevolent spirit , I don not like to see things hurt and do my besto eliviate others problems , that said , I repeat I don't feel things , and this persons cocept of " all we need to do is love is irksome, " I often wonder if I go to heaven will I have emotions? If I do then will I still be me ?as a aa / bi polar I like oblivian , do we get to sleep in heaven for eons ?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Love is not an emotion. Love is giving someone who is thirsty a drink of water.

Matthew 25
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Being a Christian is following the rules of Christ. Love is an action verb. Loving others is helping and caring. Not feeling. I numbed many of my feelings for years. Being able to feel again is sometimes hard, but it has nothing to do with being a Christian. You will know they are Christian by their love. Not feelings. I will keep you in my prayers, and try not to put to many labels on yourself. I am a Christian, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend, you get the picture. I am way more then an alcoholic who had trouble with handling my feelings.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You will know love when you see it in action; just as a tree is known by the type of fruit that grows upon it.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dox
paradox

Originally Posted by AdmimalBlueEyes View Post
. . . I over heard a man say christianity. Is so simple . . .
Sorry, I cant answer your questions, AdmimalBlueEyes.

I don't know how that man's conversation came to love and Christianity.
Perhaps the man was trying to simplify Christianity for a non-believer?
Perhaps he misunderstands Christianity altogether?
I don't know.
He seems to have been paraphrasing Jesus out of context.
It would be interesting to hear the whole conversation.
Without the context of his conversation, I'm confused.
No worries.

Peace, be with you.