Notices

A Renewed Mind

Old 04-12-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Try try again

A Renewed Mind

Ya know, the past several weeks have been the toughest I've gone through battling alcoholism. But the past weeks have also been an awakening for me. I'm beginning to see the importance of training my mind to think positively and to live in the here and now as opposed to dwelling in the past. Not being a martyr anymore (codependent) and not beating myself up when I fail, those are new concepts for me, too. The Serenity Prayer has real meaning to me now.

I've been meditating, praying, relaxing my mind, enjoying nature, having a thankful heart to God, keeping alert that I don't allow negative feelings from my past to grip my mind. My son even remarked that he is so proud of me. That makes me happy.

Anyhow, this is a truly new life for me. I'm excited for the possibilities of living this new lifestyle. It's the first time in my life I am not enslaved to fear. It's pretty amazing.

No words can say how much I appreciate the support of the people on this site. I am so glad I found this place of acceptance and renewal.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I quit drinking it was like taking the blinders off - I could see clearly.

I'm glad you're doing well.