Woo Hoo -- Got it!!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Noooooooooo! Damnnnnniittttttttttt!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Ughhh I had my post saved and everything. All I had to do was paste but I took a break to disconnect my damn TV (which started smoking and I think passed away today).

When I got the SR email I ran down my hallway like a crazy person to try to get the first post. My sister thinks I'm a psycho!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Whew, only a four minute window between you and I Brooksie!!!

Good game!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Ughhh I had my post saved and everything. All I had to do was paste but I took a break to disconnect my damn TV (which started smoking and I think passed away today).

When I got the SR email I ran down my hallway like a crazy person to try to get the first post. My sister thinks I'm a psycho!
LOL! Sorry about your tv but it cracks me up you had the post all ready to go!

I just finished dinner, breezed by my computer...well, circling it like a barracuda actually....and jumped on it with a one word post just to get it in.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
LOL! Sorry about your tv but it cracks me up you had the post all ready to go!

I just finished dinner, breezed by my computer...well, circling it like a barracuda actually....and jumped on it with a one word post just to get it in.
There were so many colors and sizes and about 5 smileys in my post too!! Hahaha

Old 04-05-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

RIP Brooksie's TV
Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Sounds like a eulogy is in order.

What can we say about the TV from NYC? He was colorful, yet a black & white thinker when he had to be. Sure, there were those digital friends of his who lit up the world.....but Brooksie's TV was always there for her.....**sniff** right up to the end.

God Speed TV ~ Keep the wind at your back.

OK, time to shop for a new one Brooksie. I'm sure there is a sale somewhere!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
005-RIP-tv[1].jpg (7.2 KB, 87 views)
Old 04-05-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Folks, having a lively night, eh ?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Haha lil!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Jut got home from a meeting and reading your responses on the train made me LOL! (Btw ol' Polaroid was female.)

What can I say about ol' Polaroid? She was a good girl, my first flat screen! I got her in 07 from a lovely gay couple on craigslist for about $300 cheaper than the market price!

She survived the journey from GA to NY with me. It wasn't all smooth sailing though. Those times when I couldn't pay my cable bill and she was unable to give me a signal and I had to miss my shows, those were tough times! But there were good times spent together on DVR, Apple TV, and Nintendo wii.

I won't say that ol' Polaroid can't be replaced because ultimately, she will be. I will miss her in the meantime!! IPad/MacBook with Hulu and Netflix and HBOGO has had to step up in the past and will just have to suffice for the time being!

RIP ol' Polaroid!! (Also, thank god for Internet TV!)
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Brooksie, you are a great writer. Loved the eulogy.

My dryer is on it's last leg and when it finally kicks the bucket....I'm calling you to write the obit!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, Br00ksie, you're so lucky to have these choices in the States ! Over here, we only have one cable provider and they gouge the living daylights out of you. I am quite hacked off with them as they have obtained exclusive viewing rights to GoT which I usually get from iTunes. To watch it on cable is double the price
Old 04-06-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You guys are too funny.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Welp when it rains, it pours! My old-ass iPhone passed away this AM.

But I was eligible for an upgrade and able to trade it in for a $100 credit! I went from the 4 to the 5s! It's so preeetty!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, that worked out well for you, Brooksie. Maybe a TV will fall from the sky!

I want an iPhone. Got a driod and it is fine, but I like the silver and gold 5s. Just a vanity wish. my daughter is begging for one as well. I do think our contract may be up in May. I got my current smartphone for Mother's Day 2 years ago. My first smartphone, lol. I asked for an iPhone, but... Got the more affordable option at the time.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning all from a sort of sunny day here.

Just a quick update. Managed to have an in-depth chat with the other half. We cleared the air and I must admit she had equally valid points to make about my sobriety and behaviour. Hopefully she absorbed a bit of what I said as well. Not sure but I will simply take things at face value.

Also told my brother that it wasnt appropriate to have lunch with my mother at this juncture. He is indifferent as I mentioned before.

Br00ksie, I have the same phone ! An iphone 5 thingy. Its my 3rd or 4th iphone so I am a bit 'meh' when it comes to having one of these things. Rochele, iphones are ok but I think Samsung have surpassed them at the moment. I guess that shows my age when I am not so excited about gadgets anymore However, I would make an exception for an Oculus Rift

I hope everyone is enjoying their day/evening ! Love and thanks to all !

Old 04-06-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Kaneda - Had to google Oculus Rift... Coooolll! Definitely a dude toy, but it looks like fun! I'm glad you were able to voice and begin to sort out your differences and feelings with your family! Healing doesn't happen over night.

Rochele - My mom has had an iPhone for a few years now and is less than enthusiastic about it at the moment and wants to switch to a droid. Galaxies may be better, but I am in the cult of Apple. All of my devices are apple and everything syncs perfectly so I'm sticking with what I know!

The weather was so nice out today that my sister and I took a long walk though Central Park to "my secret special place." It is this garden on the upper east corner that is like a mini botanical garden! In the summer it is teeming with flowers and a few have already started to bloom!

Sunday used to be "Sunday Funday" for me and my sister which usually involved weed and beer/wine. Walking around a pond on a sunny day was such a nice contrast to our usual habit of sitting on the couch doing nothing! I got her out of the house with the promise of a cupcake and the element of mystery (I didn't tell her where we were going haha!)

On our walk she brought up lessening her weed-smoking to me. I am so happy she is at least aware of how much she smokes and that she has the desire to stop! At 20 years old, that is at least a START. Also, I know she looks up to me and knowing that I am setting a good example helps my confidence as well!

Then I went to my MA meeting and was elected co-chair which means that I chair the meeting every other Sunday! It feels good to be doing service in this capacity. I am a little nervous, but I'm ready to step up to the plate!

The best trainer at my gym gave me his card today and told me that if I send him my email he will send me a workout plan and follow up with me next week.

I don't think he is hitting on me. He has a lot of clients and seems like the type of person who doesn't like to waste his time. He has seen me working out recently and always cheers me on when I'm on the floor and I think he just wants to help me reach my goal! I've lost 6 lbs so far.

I'm so excited about GOT season premiere I can't stand it! I'm about to watch the finale and the premiere in succession (on my computer ) and then go to sleep!!! Goodnight my sobtember peeps!

Old 04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Well, that worked out well for you, Brooksie. Maybe a TV will fall from the sky!

I want an iPhone. Got a driod and it is fine, but I like the silver and gold 5s. Just a vanity wish. my daughter is begging for one as well. I do think our contract may be up in May. I got my current smartphone for Mother's Day 2 years ago. My first smartphone, lol. I asked for an iPhone, but... Got the more affordable option at the time.
My story too, Rochele! I just got a smartphone a year ago! My husband is not the quickest to jump on the advancing technology bandwagon, let's just put it that way. I don't really care too much and my friends have stopped teasing me about having a network of cans connected by string to communicate with them.