You've been a busy man tonight!
Old 03-23-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I was a busy man all day - early bed for me tonight

D
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess I'd best head over here and join thread 5 from March then...enjoyed reading and contributing to thread 4.

Off to begin a new working week.. I make this day 9 without a drink - which seems to suggest that there was eight days in last week!!!!

Speak later to you all - happy and content sleeping if that's what you're still doing... Have a lovely morning if you're already up.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bore da everybody.
Seems like you all had a good weekend. Loved reading your sober exploits.
Don't have many plans for the day. It's raining, so no gardening. Loads of long put off diy to do, so I think I'll tackle some of that.

Oh, one great thing happened yesterday (well to me it was). Mrs Sparkos wasn't feeling too well and went to lie in bed early. She suggested getting a take away meal so I drove to town to get fish and chips. On the way there I realized that in the past she hadn't trusted me to drive into town by myself for fear that I either wouldn't return for a few hours (you know where I'd be), or return with a big bottle of vodka.
In just 18ish days the trust is beginning to come back.
I've put her through hell. I'm so lucky to have the love of my life seeing ME through her beautiful eyes again, and not the horrible beast that lies within.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Well, that was a two cups of coffee thread read!

Just a quick check-in on day 17 to say hello to Dan & Coltybear and here's to another sober day ahead. x
Old 03-24-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Bore da everybody. Seems like you all had a good weekend. Loved reading your sober exploits. Don't have many plans for the day. It's raining, so no gardening. Loads of long put off diy to do, so I think I'll tackle some of that. Oh, one great thing happened yesterday (well to me it was). Mrs Sparkos wasn't feeling too well and went to lie in bed early. She suggested getting a take away meal so I drove to town to get fish and chips. On the way there I realized that in the past she hadn't trusted me to drive into town by myself for fear that I either wouldn't return for a few hours (you know where I'd be), or return with a big bottle of vodka. In just 18ish days the trust is beginning to come back. I've put her through hell. I'm so lucky to have the love of my life seeing ME through her beautiful eyes again, and not the horrible beast that lies within.
Fab story for a Monday morning Sparkos - made me smile over my cornflakes...
Old 03-24-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Dan and Coltybear! Glad to have you around
Old 03-24-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning. Restless sleep. Exterminator finally coming today.
So much on my plate.
Going to have to brave the great outdoors today on no rest. I have no idea when I'll be allowed back in my house. Not so long ago, I'd just pass the time in a bar. No problem. I can guarantee I will be having trouble finding a place to waste time.
Welcome to the newcomers!
Here's hoping we all have a great day.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Good morning. Restless sleep. Exterminator finally coming today.
So much on my plate.
Going to have to brave the great outdoors today on no rest. I have no idea when I'll be allowed back in my house. Not so long ago, I'd just pass the time in a bar. No problem. I can guarantee I will be having trouble finding a place to waste time.
Welcome to the newcomers!
Here's hoping we all have a great day.
Hey Ilya. There's loads to do.
Nice long walk in the countryside.
Nice long walk in the city,
Window shopping at the shops,
Read a good book in the park,
Go to a bookstore to find a good book,
Have a cup of coffee outside a cafe and people watch,
Take a notebook and while people watching imagine them as characters in a book and write up their description,
Call a friend/family member and catch-up,

Help me out here Marchers. There must be a multitude of things.
Suggestions?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Illa go shopping spend that sober wallet I don't know about you but I can waist a couple days spending money.

Another thing I've always loved to do is spend the day in the library.

Whatever you choose be safe be happy be sober if you need help we are here for you.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bore da everybody.
Seems like you all had a good weekend. Loved reading your sober exploits.
Don't have many plans for the day. It's raining, so no gardening. Loads of long put off diy to do, so I think I'll tackle some of that.

Oh, one great thing happened yesterday (well to me it was). Mrs Sparkos wasn't feeling too well and went to lie in bed early. She suggested getting a take away meal so I drove to town to get fish and chips. On the way there I realized that in the past she hadn't trusted me to drive into town by myself for fear that I either wouldn't return for a few hours (you know where I'd be), or return with a big bottle of vodka.
In just 18ish days the trust is beginning to come back.
I've put her through hell. I'm so lucky to have the love of my life seeing ME through her beautiful eyes again, and not the horrible beast that lies within.
That is great that you have the love of your life standing behind you on this it really helps believe me. Good luck to the both of you.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! You are right I can stroll, read, shop. God knows I got rid of plenty of clothes last night !
I was just a bit worried about the T in HALT. I'm really exhausted. I hope I can get the blood flowing enough to enjoy my time out.
I must get to work. I'll be staying real close!

Ilya
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Remind me, what's HALT
Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello, Marchers,

Just a whisker under 4 weeks now. I've been very quiet on this thread but it doesn't mean I'm not around. Before we know it, it will be March 2015 and we can reflect on a year of sobriety under our belts.

I understand fully, Sparkos. The only way I can get my wife's trust back regarding alcohol is to stuff the promises and show the action. Demonstrate to her that I can be trusted this time. And I can't disappoint her or my friends on this forum or me, in equal doses.

Go Marchers!

Bruce.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Remind me, what's HALT
Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired - major triggers!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

When faced with adversity, you either define the moment, or the moment defines you. Quoted by Brad Keselowski nascar driver
Old 03-24-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Bruce!

MrFixit, thanks for that
Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

For all of those that have the support of their loved ones use it to your advantage to achieve your accomplishments. Trust me I know from experience that eventually the loved ones get tired of the broken promises and the failed attempts and they are forced to leave just to maintain their own sanity. No matter how much they love you.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well its 3 weeks here for me. I must admit I never thought I would get that far. Each day is easier. I have good mental techniques for battling the AV. Still need to change some bits of my life, not enough going on, leading to some negative thinking patterns. Having said that I spend much less time dwelling on the past now and it's much easier to stop the "loop the loop" thinking about the same thing over and over again in bed at night - that was so annoying!

All good though! Much much better than when I was a drunk. Sleep still needs improvement but the exercise (which I always did) is much easier to recover from now. I still have the occasional "disconnected" or out of body experience, but they are milder now.

GNight Marchers take care cya tomorrow