# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 29

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-28-a-19.html

D
Old 03-11-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun. So sleepy--I'm nodding off here at McD's!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't nod off into your thickshake Gilmer

D
Old 03-11-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm afraid they'll spot me and throw me out!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, day 351. I've really enjoyed meetings and reading on SR the last few days. You are all a great support network.

Matthew
Old 03-11-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We really like when you share, too, Matthew!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm second on this thread! To answer your question Courage, it's good to have an income but income taxes take so much out (30%) that the end result is pathetic. That makes you guess which Canadian province I'm from ;(.

As a freelancer, I was used to manage all this at the end of year so I'm truly shocked. I had prepare for a 25% scenario. And I've only gotten a week so far so you can imagine I'm still struggling. Next paycheque though, I'll make up and be THRILLED.

I'm loving the job though and although I'm more of an idea producer (i.e. showcasing talent) instead of a scriptwriter (being the talent), I'm having so much fun it's like I've won the work lottery.

Now, I only need a decent, kind, loving boyfriend. Not easy to find at all. I refuse to go after men and for some reasons, men wait for women to make advances here. Oh well...if you believe that things happen when they need to happen, I should trust things will settle there too. Mind you, I haven't had a steady committed relationship since 2005. Only boyfriends, not serious lovers since then so it makes me think I might stay alone for the rest of my life. and that depresses me a little.

On this cheerful note, I'll say goodbye. I missed this thread but couldn't have it up at work. I will be more thorough in following this part now.

xoxo
Old 03-11-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just as long as you're not leaving for good, Dottie! So glad work is pleasurable! What a difference that makes!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

New thread, thanks Dee.

Still the same old Carlos here - proud recovering Undie alkie!

Gilmer, it's shamrock shake time at Mickey D's. An absolute fav of my youngest. I plan to indulge following a gym visit later in the week...YUM!!

Going to be 65 degrees, light wind, extra hour of sunlight. Why not tee it up. Our tee time is at 1:30 pm and we could use a forth. Any takers?

Courage, I didn't mean to make light of your trigger. I do hope you are not upset with me? As attractive as they sounded initially, I must pass on the chain-smoking and drinking. As for a bus to nowhere/anywhere, I'm all in...where and when?

BF, so sorry that you and you doggy (name?, forgot) missed class. On the positive front, another week of practice on last weeks lessons. Keep us posted on progress, okay?

Enjoy, Undies. Hey, no drinking or drugging today, okay?

Carlos xx
Old 03-11-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dear Dotty, I'm turning a year sober in just 75 days!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
p***enger

Morning all,

Dee thanks for the new thread. I like your new avatar -- I believe that's Scuppers the Sailor Dog?

Carlos, never mad. No worries. I just meant that vagabond fantasies tease my AV & it's not a smart game for me to play. I work on self-restraint all the time -- or you'd have known different ages ago.

Dotty, I'm glad work is so good. Who knows what else will come in time? Enjoy where you are.

Gilmer, also enjoy where you are! McD's! Great coffee & wifi there. After pulling all-nighters in grad school, I'd always stop on the way to the university for a mcmuffin -- such a better cure for hungry & tired than a drink!

WWG, glad to see you here this a.m. Hugs!

I'm running late & shouldn't be posting at all. 'Ta for now!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Dragging this morning with some coffee womp womp.
On the plus side I should be getting off work a little earlier.
I'm not liking the time change. I really don't like sunny weather at all and the fact that it's now brighter even later bums me out. For some reason I like being outside first thing in the morning for sunrise but that's it. I'm weird, I know!

We'll better get my butt to work.
Have a good day undies!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dorothyparker View Post

Now, I only need a decent, kind, loving boyfriend.
I love the succinctness of this request.

At first read, I chuckled to myself and thought, well of course. Then I thought for another minute. When I put this request out to the universe, I was suddenly able to see through all the weeds and appreciate a flower when I saw one. When I met my now-husband, I was a young, promiscuous partier, seeking passion and excitement. I remember realizing after our third date, "this is a guy Id marry". We've been together 15 years. He's a lovely person.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in...
Hope everyone is having a good day...Snowing and cold here..again....

The silver lining is it does make the hot chocholate taste better...
Old 03-11-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Speaking of my decent, kind, loving partner.....

I felt a swell of support from him last night. He rushed home shortly after a kids hockey practice last night, and told me that he passed on an invitation to go to the bar with some of the coaches, because he wanted to make it home in time for me to go the Monday night AA meeting I attended for the last two weeks.

This weekend is another hockey tournament that is a fair distance from home. Many of the families are staying at a hotel. Last time we stayed at a hotel for a hockey tournament, two weeks ago, I had an epic slip. He asked me if I wanted to stay this weekend. I told him it's up to him (he's the one driving). He said that he feels that it should be my call.

I am a sharer, a big sharer, and we have very good communication, but I haven't talked about my sobriety with him at all. I've been silent about my cravings, triggers, and tactics to ride them out. The only people I've shared it with are y'all on SR.

I think it shows an amazing level of commitment on his part that he's thought it through and is willing to drive two extra hours, late at night and early the next morning, and miss out on a fun night with people, to support my sobriety.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
p***enger

Beautiful posts, Gleefan! Thanks for inspiring us all with an example of the way it CAN work!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Gleefan- You're very lucky to have such a considerate partner. If you haven't already, make sure and tell him how much that means to you.

DP- It's good to hear how much you're enjoying the job. Taxes are the pits. Speaking of which, it's only a month or so from tax season here, so I should think about getting on that before it becomes a last minute thing.

Well, another day. I think I need to get around to really cutting the caffeine back out again. I've been pretty good about it and only have one or two cups a day, but I don't think I wake up as awake as I did when I wasn't having any.

I'm struggling with the time change- not that my schedule has changed, I still sleep till the same time, but it just happens to be an hour later on the clock. It's depressing when it's so late when I wake up. Since getting sober, I've tended to want to stay up late and sleep in late. It's just not really the schedule I want to be on.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

SoberJim- Its hard to realize that most of the country is still in winter! I grew up in wet weather and now I live in the sun! I'm currently sitting outside with my 2 cats and dog in the sunshine! It's going to be 80 by Friday! I wish all of you could enjoy this much needed Vitamin D. I found it really hard living in inclement weather! My son vows that he wants to live in the forest when he grows up. Boy, we are all so different!

I start my new job tomorrow. I hope I can balance work and family life.

Happy Tuesday lovely people:-)
Old 03-11-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

DG- the time change is wacky! Now it's dark in the morning and light in the evening. It does something weird to you!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi Guys

Good luck with the final Gilmer.

Courage, I am forever running late these days, needing to check one more post on one more thread... !

Gleefan, my hubby also is ver supportive, we don't discuss my recovery on a daily basis, but in the early days he was hugely supportive. I have told him a little about here, and about AV and about how different his occasional drinking is to my addiction. I feel it helps him to understand me a little better and to realise that addiction doesn't stop with the physical cravings. We also discussed the possibilities of him getting angry, resentful or frustrated at me at some point for the fact get lost his binge partner etc. so far, nothing too bad.You are fortunate to have hubby's support, it does really help.

BF, yes dear, you are wierd. hope you get your energy back soon, I never get fed up of sun, but I guess that is because I have never yet been in a situation where I can see enough of it to get fed up!!

DG, some people's body clocks are more resistant to change than others, I'm a bit sluggish time wise too.

LucyGoose, thanks. Thanks a bunch. Rub it in why don't you! Some of us are happy to be hitting the giddy heights of 40f ! You will have poor SJ curling up in a ball at this rate!

SJ, great silver lining there, may just have to make myself a hot chocolate now! Mmmmmm!

I applied for a volunteer job, membership coordinator for a small museum. Had the interview this morning. Well not much of an interview, the fact I turned up seemed to be enough to get me the job! So now I am a membership coordinator, and no, I have no more idea what that is than before I went this morning. But hey, it gets me out of the house and I get to learn about Boston's old west end!