# 2 (permalink)  

I'm first !! Wheee !!!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
I'm first !! Wheee !!!
I'm never first!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! It kind of feels like my birthday, haha!

PBC - I am speaking today at 12:30! A couple of people I know are coming to support me. I'm still nervous. Good luck with your to-do list!

I wrote out an itemized schedule for my week and I hope that I'm able to stick to it! I am going to try and take it one day at a time and start the day with willingness and intent rather than expectations and self-imposed pressure!

Renarde - how are you feeling health-wise? Have you gotten more rest?

((Lommey)) - saying goodbye is always hard. I didn't think I'd be asked to speak this soon! It certainly wast planned. Someone i was with happened to need a speaker and Had just heard that I was almost at 90 days so he asked me. I am nervous but I'm just going to say a prayer and speak from my heart.

I didn't fall asleep until 2 so waking up this AM was brutal!! But I really like mornings. They're generally more laid back. I'm a morning person once I get beyond the first 30 mins! Ok back to work! I'm not really supposed to be on my phone but it's slow.

2 more hours! I hope everyone has a good Friday/weekend!!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Thank God It's Friday Edition~~~
~~~Acknowledge It, Face It, Let It Go and Move On!!!~~~

~Note~
Today's mental meal speaks to me loudly as I've been letting go of some things and saying hello to some new things over the past few weeks. Its been difficult, eye-opening but at the same time invigorating because I'm very excited for my new normal's..hope this adds some value to someone's life~

~The Meal~
It’s been said, "Wherever you find yourself... at some point in time you made an appointment to be there." If this is true in your case, own it...face it. Get real with yourself. Don't stay in what you know is wrong because you did not listen to the warnings or to your own intuition. Things could have worked out. But they didn't.

Don't allow the fear or embarrassment of looking stupid to discourage you from doing what you need to do. Be ready to admit that you were wrong or that you made a mistake. Face it and move on. Don't beat yourself up. You didn't listen to your first mind or trust your intuition. None of us is prefect.

Get some help to clear your thinking and carve out a new life for yourself. Contrary to popular belief, just because you made a mistake, you do not have to live with it for the rest of your life. You can decide to change it. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Stand up for yourself. Don’t waste another day living a life that is not you. It may be a job, a business, a relationship, or a decision that you made. Cut your losses. Life and time are too precious to continue to live a lie. You deserve better and you can do better when you get the courage to do what you know you must. You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!

“If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” Paulo Coehlo ~ #LetitGoLetGodMoveOn
Old 02-21-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Brooksie, you will be great! You are always an interresting, insughtful and entertaining poster here. A good balance, which will carry over into a great talk, I am sure. YGG!

Hubby has the day off, kids on vaca. I think we will go do something, but simple, like the mall and a lunch or dinner out, lol. They have been begging to go to the mall. It is rainy and wet and we considered a jaunt into Boston, but it will be so sloppy. I would rather do that sans snow.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Brooksie! Big day for you! Congratulations on 90 and good luck at your meeting. You are an inspiration to me and I know you will be a light for the people at your meeting. Everyone's story matters. Can't wait to hear how it goes! ((((((((((big good luck hug!))))))))))))
Old 02-21-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Brooksie and Lommey--congrats to you both on HUGE milestones! You gals are awesome and I'm proud to know ya.

Brooksie, I don't blame you one bit for being irritated at that dawdler client. I agree--it's pure lack of consideration for anyone but him/her self. I'm afraid our little worlds are becoming more selfish this way--I see this kind of behavior everywhere. Maybe it's always been this way and I just notice it more as I get older. But people are so much up in their own heads that they can't see anyone else, let alone think about them. I often wonder if self-contained electronic devices cause many to act like self-contained little universes. Now you can REALLY tell I'm 58!

Lil, I enjoyed your account of LAX. No, really. Glad you chose to share it with the board instead of thinking too much about a glass of wine. Happy to hear you're home and having a PJ day--you certainly deserve it. Funny thing--even though you entered that post on a "self-contained electronic device", I don't for a minute think you're the kind of person I was speculating about above.

Lommey, sorry that you'll be missing your daughter. The fact that she spends her leave time with you speaks volumes about what a good mom you must be.

Kaneda, sorry your SO hurt your daughter (again). This bugs me because I know how fragile the psyche of a teen girl is. I don't have an answer for your situation, but I want you to know I care and that you're always welcome to share and get support with us here.

Grace, thanks for being my partner in the "walk" here. We're probably not the only ones thinking of it the way we do, but it's sure nice to know we have that common ground.

Fish, we're thinking of you! Always.

And to everyone else in this great little class: my best wishes for a wonderful sober day/evening.

Oh, one little aside. I love the movie Animal House. Yesterday I was thinking about the scene in the parade when the marching band goes into the blind alley, hits the brick wall, but keeps on playing and marching. I thought: that's how it is with drinking--it's insane to keep marching when we've hit the brick wall. I'm going to try to keep that image in my head.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Really hope the meeting went well Brooksie. And congratulations on 90 days!

Lommey you sound like a lovely mother. I'm sorry you're going to miss your daughter. I have one child who lives overseas so I sympathise, it's hard.

It's been sunny today but we're back to torrential rain again now. This winter has been unbelievably wet. Good old UK though; we'll probably have a hosepipe ban by summer!
Old 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Clemence View Post
Really hope the meeting went well Brooksie. And congratulations on 90 days!

Lommey you sound like a lovely mother. I'm sorry you're going to miss your daughter. I have one child who lives overseas so I sympathise, it's hard.

It's been sunny today but we're back to torrential rain again now. This winter has been unbelievably wet. Good old UK though; we'll probably have a hosepipe ban by summer!
Bet it be the wrong type of rain lol still smile at the wrong type of snow that grounded the eurotennel
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have six months sober on Sunday. I wanted to post it now because I will be working on Sunday and I think might forget!

Being a part of this class was the key for me in getting sober. So thank you guys.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I have six months sober on Sunday. I wanted to post it now because I will be working on Sunday and I think might forget!

Being a part of this class was the key for me in getting sober. So thank you guys.
First, hopefully you and the kiddo are doing much better healthwize and an early congrats for the upcoming 6 months achievement. In addition, I agree with you that this class has been a major part of my journey thus far and its great to see that it has helped you to achieve great results thusfar.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things went well brOOksie

Congrats in advance for your 6 months Renarde

have a great sober weekend everyone

D
Old 02-21-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

BR00KSIE: Yay ! 90 days free and clear !! Thats a fantastic achievement !!! Brilliant !!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Made it to the end of week 2..
Basically it seems like I'm learning how to live again they teach nutrition healthy exercise they been making diabetic meals showing me new options I actually went on a run this morning I made it not quite a mile but that's an improvement normally if I'm running something's getting ready to blow up. Congratulations on the 6 months Renarde. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm getting ready to go on a walk with some people and then we're going to watch a movie tonight.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
normally if I'm running something's getting ready to blow up.
LOL!!!!

Glad things are going well Fish!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks Fishy

D
Old 02-21-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yay Fishy!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done Fishy !
Old 02-21-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Hey everyone! Today was pretty amazing. The meeting I spoke at wasn't very big, under 20 people, which I appreciated! There was mixed recovery and I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be! (Beta blockers helped )

I learned today that 20 minutes goes by really quickly when you're talking about yourself. I still had so much to say when I looked at my timer and saw that I only had five minutes left! I got most of it in though, and amazingly something that I wanted to, but didn't get a chance to share was shared by someone else in the meeting!

Then I went to my favorite women's meeting this evening and got to hear some great recovery! I think the speaker might have been one of the best speakers I have ever heard. I related SO much to her and she had a beautiful story.

A woman who had a slightly higher day count than me and relapsed a couple of weeks ago in a bad way was at the meeting and shared and although it made me sad, I was really that happy she was there. It is upsetting to hear first-hand how this evil disease can make good people do terrible things.

The love and support and genuine joy that surrounded me tonight was almost overwhelming. Everyone seemed as excited and happy for me as I was for myself which was awesome, because I was SUUPER excited and happy for myself today!

I get to participate in the women's anniversary meeting next week and I get my first AA coin! I also get my MA 90 day coin tomorrow! Whoop whoop!

I'm so, so tired. I have to get up at 5:30AM for work tomorrow before I hit THREE meetings, so it is time for bed!

Fishy- Soo happy for your progress! Congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Awesome Br00ksie ! Well done !!