# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of January 2014 Part 7

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 02-19-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I have posted before, nearly a year and a half ago. That lasted nearly three months. And then, well...

Anyway, so I am back to the start, except better off in a way because I know how much better I feel when I'm not drinking. Right now I'm experiencing the most stressful time of my life (three months before my PhD submission) which means that drinking at this moment in time is actively damaging my career as well as ny health, because, well, regular drinking isn't conducive to effective thinking. So I'm back and determined to make it stick this time
Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back startsometime

D
Old 02-19-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all! Great to hear your stories and your successes.

I'm in bed. Day 48 in the bag. That can only mean one thing! 7 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe it. I still suffer terribly in my mind every day but I'm practicing mindfulness and thought recognition. letting things go. I've been to 4 meetings which isn't enough I know but they have been greet meetings.

I just found out I have a work benefit of confidential counselling sessions. I'm going to ring tomorrow.

I love my new life. It's harder than my old life but worth it.

Peace and love to everyone. Goodnight.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Finnie!

Congrats too, to all of us who made it through today.

I'm off to a meeting but my body just wants to rest and relax. I'm looking forward to getting back and being done for the day.

Sleep with the angels everyone.

A friend sent this to me, I thought you all might like it.

THE LORD'S BASEBALL GAME

Freddy and the Lord stood by to observe a baseball game. The Lord's team was playing Satan's team.

The Lord's team was at bat, the score was tied zero to zero, and it was the bottom of the 9th inning with two outs. They continued to watch as a batter stepped up to the plate named 'Love.'

Love swung at the first pitch and hit a single, because 'Love never fails.'

The next batter was named Faith, who also got a single because Faith works with Love.

The next batter up was named Godly Wisdom. Satan wound up and threw the first pitch.

Godly Wisdom looked it over and let it pass: Ball one. Three more pitches and Godly Wisdom walked because he never swings at what Satan throws.

The bases were now loaded. The Lord then turned to Freddy and told him He was now going to bring in His star player. Up to the plate stepped Grace. Freddy said, 'He sure doesn't look like much!'

Satan's whole team relaxed when they saw Grace. Thinking he had won the game, Satan wound up and fired his first pitch. To the shock of everyone, Grace hit the ball harder than anyone had ever seen! But Satan was not worried; his center fielder let very few get by.

He went up for the ball, but it went right through his glove, hit him on the head and sent him crashing on the ground; the roaring crowds went wild as the ball continued over the fence . . for a home run!

The Lord's team won!

The Lord then asked Freddy if he knew why Love, Faith and Godly Wisdom could get on base but couldn't win the game. Freddy answered that he didn't know why.

The Lord explained, 'If your love, faith and wisdom had won the game, you would think you had done it by yourself. Love, Faith and Wisdom will get you on base but only My Grace can get you Home.

Good night.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just a quick thanks to you all

Coming here each night helps me remember that we are not alone, look around there are so many of us. I hope you all know that you are not alone, ever!
Thank you for sharing your triumphs, your failures, your good days, and not so good days! Blessings to you and yours. RVD.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

I agree RVD, it is comforting to know that I am not alone. I appreciate being able to come here to relax and read to remember why I want to stay sober. This is one of those hidden treasures. Thanks everyone for letting me be a part of your journey. Everything just seems better when I come here.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Bradjustbrad on 50 days and Nocoolname on 30 days!

I agree with you Ryanvandrake, having this Class to visit daily reinforces the effort it takes to stay on path. Thank you everyone!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 weeks Finnie!

My mood has been low lately, too many demands at work and at home. Wrapping up 8 weeks today but feeling flat. Sorry if I haven't posted as often. I still read through this thread in the evening and love seeing everyone hitting milestones. Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Odelle - I feel similarly. Dog days of sobriety. Life out of balance - too much stress, too little margin for error. It's not a good combination. Going to bed sober but realizing i need to figure out how to find more time to give back. I'm feeling exhausted and burned out. I have GOT to break this pattern. I'm rescuing everybody except myself - and really, they probably don't need rescuing, but I do.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. And congratulations on 8 weeks!

Congrats to you too Finny on 7!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Balance is very important I think - too much stress can really start the head gremlins working...any way you guys can prioritize a little and get some down time?

D
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome startsometime

Congrats on 48 days finnie.

Kris: great baseball game story. really makes a great point.

odelle: feeling flat seems to be a trend in sobriety. I went through it and still do at times. These are the moments, to me, when we really have to work our routines. Those times when we just do the routine even when we don't feel up to it.

For me, I made it past 50 days and begin day 51 today. actually feeling a bit sick so just a blah day. This is one of those days where I don't feel motivated to do much, even my sobriety routine and process but I will force myself.

Stay strong and sober class!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Another day to count on.

Welcome to those coming back, Congrats to those moving forward and prayers for those that need them.

Balance in our lives, especially now is KEY. EASY DOES IT. Remember to take a little time in your day for reflection, thankfulness and to just rest. Even a few minutes of meditation can work wonders for us.

I am happy even for the blandness as it is so much better than the HIGHS and the LOWS.

I agree Halfvictory, that is when we just need to up our routines and really pray for that serenity.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 41. Can't believe I didn't realize yesterday was day 40 :/

It's truly inspiring to be able to share this journey with all of you. Your stories are so helpful and I thank you all dearly.

For the first time in my life I actually feel like I can live authentically no that alcohol is not a factor. I even feel that my interactions with people (friends, coworkers, family, etc) have improved. I still have moments of self-doubt (and combined with the winter doldrums it can be hellish) but I feel like I can pull myself out of those low spots more effectively now. I used to just drown those thoughts in the drink but learning to actually feel them out and deal with them authentically has opened up a whole new paradigm of life for me.

I can't wait to get my recording equipment set up and tuned up so I can write music again. I haven't felt this energetically inspired in years!
Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good post Kisho and good to know you are feeling good. With hope comes all new kinds of awakenings. Some days may still be hard but better now that you are free! I am feeling much like you now. Keep it moving forward................. Congrats on your 41 days.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am at 22 days, and my body feels thinner. All those empty calories not injested is nice.

Not experiencing all those empty days and nights in a fog is even nicer.

Having all y'all here is the nicest.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning all. Would have loved to just snoozed in bed today but responsibility beckons. Odelle and Adee sounds like you've got a case of the blahs, hang in there just think it is nearly the weekend! Just doing left foot, right foot at the moment. Kudos to all of those doing so well. I love checking in here too every day, it makes me feel more comfortable with myself and my journey. Have a great day everyone x
Old 02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi all, congratulations on all those milestones! I'm on Day 1 today so 7 and 8 weeks is incredibly inspiring I jumped on my exercise bike for the half an hour before dinner when the wine usually comes out and found it really helped - will do the same tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Go for it Start,

You'll be there in no time. I'm smiling at Day 38.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. It's been a few days since I have posted here. I'm going to be closing out day 38 in an hour or so and it feels great.

In starting to actually feel like I'm getting into a routine that doesn't involve alcohol. Spend my mornings in quiet time and prayer/reflection.

My work day is immensely more productive. I've found that I don't let myself just put off what I don't want to deal with. Because now I have to think about it at home instead of zoning. The easier alternative is just doing got right so I don't have to worry about it.

Evenings in doings a bible study with the wife one night a week. Then we are going to the gym a few nights a week after dinner.

I'm almost scared to say how in control I feel at the moment. But I'll take it while trying to stay vigilant and looking out for my av when he tries to ambush me.