continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-8-a-20.html

D
Old 02-08-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee ;-)
Old 02-08-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Still around guys, read your posts in between hospital breaks.

Learning the lesson we can create happy memories without alcohol. Lots of laughter through all this. Life is to be celebrated, not dampened.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,

It's a little after 10 am. and it's a sunny cold winter day.
So bright outside from the reflection off the snow I wouldn't even venture outside without my sun glasses.
I'm going to take a walk with my dog in a little while. She's a Siberian Husky so this weather is nothing for her. I hope everybody has a nice sober and fruitful weekend.

So glad you joined our class, Lisa.
Everybody here participating in our class adds so much more strength to our arsenal against our addiction.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi all, well, we are still going, made it to part 9!

My anxiety was through the roof yesterday. A friend called and we went out for something to eat. I noticed how loud and silly two couples were at the next table as they kept drinking beer. My friend who's what you call a "normie" I guess, commented that the women in particular seemed "lacking in grace" which I thought was a good way of putting it.
I'd like to think that I will now present a graceful, serene manner when I go out and am amongst others.

We came back to my house and watched the Olympic opening ceremony. Amazing! It was fun to watch it together.

I'm going to dinner at this friends tonight, and with her parents and aunt, we're going to the symphony, so I'm going over early to my friends to help her with dinner preparation.
She's the girl I lost it with last week or so. She is wonderful, is forgiving, and just wants me to be well.

Man, depression and alcoholism have sure made me very selfish. I'm lucky that I still have ppl in my life who care for me, and do want the best for me. Sometimes, I do think I need to try harder to get out of my head.

Croissant, glad to hear from you. Look after yourself as you go through this difficult time.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi all -

Rainy day here, spending the day at home doing things inside. BF was up all night drinking, has continued to drink this morning and now has gone out for breakfast. I refused to go with him - I'd already eaten (so had he, before I woke up) and dealing with him across the table from me, drunk, when I'm not even hungry was not something I wanted to do. He's supposed to work tomorrow. Looking forward to having the house to myself!

Leshar I'm so glad you spent time with your friend and have future plans too!

Well this laundry isn't going to do itself! Carry on Julyers!

NCG
Old 02-09-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For you guys where its freezing :-)

image.jpg
Old 02-09-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey everyone I'm doing great hope everyone is doing good as well god bless
Old 02-09-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

G'day Humbug ;-) thanks

I'm doing great now after an unsettled week .

I suppose we have to be prepared for those .

Hope all you Julyers are well , hi Lulul xxx

Old 02-09-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm good snozzyQ just made 7 months, had a vacation last week stayed with family. Had three times where there was drinking involved I joined but didn't drink had fun and just talk and joined the events.
How are you doing SnozyQ
Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy and all my fellow Julyers. I am trying to get up the courage to tell you a little about myself instead of just throwing in the occasional joke. Not tonight though, too tired and have to go back to work tomorrow.

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there even though some of us have had struggles, proud of the July class.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

humbug that's fantastic ;-) I'm so happy for you .

You really seem to know where you are at . It's great that you have got to that point where you can mix with others who are drinking and not be tempted .;-)

Lulu I'm really looking forward to that . You are safe with us lot , I can assure you
Whenever you are ready , we will be here . Hugs xxx
Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello Julyers,

Humbug, that's great you can be around it without issues.
I'm at that point as well with 7 month coming up fast.

LuLu,
Jokes are good.
If and when you want to tell us more is up to you sweetie.
I might open up a little more as well.

I spent the weekend moving a little more snow around and taking walks with the dog.
We got another inch last night to whiten things up again.
Every once in a while that ole AV will come back and haunt me. But, I just remember how sick and hopeless I felt back before July and it get's lost in translation.

Croissant,NCG,Leshar,Pete,Ladybug and if I forgot anybody I'm sorry.
Hope you're all having a wonderful day.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all, and hi especially, Lulu, nice to hear from you. You should not feel obliged to say/share anything here unless you really want to, that's just my opinion.

I'm just about broken, terrible agitated anxiety/depression, probably the worst I've felt since my mid 20s when I had to go into hosp for 2 months. I just don't fit in, anywhere, can't make small talk, evening at opera was very difficult, I collapsed crying when home and pretty much all of yesterday. Chronic depression, chronic loneliness, I just want to give up. Psych today prescribed a very small dose of an antipsychotic called Seroquel to help with the anxiety. I keep trying to explain to friends and my sibs how I feel, it's tough on them all.
I think it's a matter of time before I drink again because I can't make it through this, it's leading me to some very dark place and I don't want to go there, and my psych doesn't want to admit me to hosp, he said he'd see me on Thurs, and when I went to make an appt, his assistant said he wasn't here on Thursday. I don't think he knows what to do with me, I don't blame him at all.
There is it, I want to see some hope but I can't, I just can't. I'm so tired of it all, of living/existing like this.
Sorry all, I know you all want to see me do better, but I'm done in.
Dee, pls let me know if I should not post in this vein, because truly, I do not want to upset others, and I will of course desist from posting, maybe I should, it's not healthy, oh dear, I'm rambling and don't know what to do.
Please stay strong everyone.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

You;re always welcome to post about whatever is happening in your life Leshar.

The things is Leshar if you drink it won't make any of this better and will probably make things a lot worse.

I understand the attraction when you feel you've exhausted all other options, but it really is a dead end.

Look I have to say, the response from your therapist doesn't seem to me to be commensurate with your level of despair.

If you've been as open with them as you have been with us, I'm baffled by the low key response, frankly.

If the seroquel doesn't help, I really think it's worth the time effort and expense to get a second medical opinion, Leshar.

you're not to blame for feeling so bad - you just need to find the right help and the right solution

D
Old 02-10-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Big hugs, Leshar!! Please keep at it, you have done so well. I empathize with much of what you are feeling but we always have hope, right? I agree with Dee, I think you need to get another opinion as it does not seem your therapist is taking your feelings seriously. Perhaps your therapist is out of her league, I don't know but there is help out there somewhere. Again, I wish we lived closer. Us two misfits could be each others' best friend. Please do not stop posting, we all love you and care deeply about what happens to you.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh Leshar, I'm so sorry. I wish I knew what to say, but just know you are not upsetting anyone by posting your feelings so please don't stop posting. I have to agree with Dee regarding your psych. I can't believe he would suggest meeting on Thursday and then be unavailable?! Maybe it is time for a second opinion?

Please know we are here for you. Sending you warm thoughts and hugs.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Leshar,
Did you leave with another appt this week or did you leave without any appt?

It sounds to me that yyour Dr wants to see if they can help you by seeing you more frequently (multiple times a week) before considering inpt (where a Dr would see you daily.)

I'm not making excuses for them but it may be well intentioned. They don't always know their schedule as the office manager usually controls it. So did you get another appt for this week or leave with none? If you left with none that concerns me. Because the Dr wanted to see you frequently to check on you and very likely doesn't know you left without an appt.

If you left without an appt then call them and insist they fit you in somewhere this week.... and tell them it is the Drs request. Plese let us know you have a follow up appt.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

EQ makes a good point - I sometimes forget I live in a different country with a different system, sometimes markedly different

D
Old 02-10-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Leshar , sweetheart

I understand what you mean by not wanting to post as it will bring others down..NOT TRUE!

I had a very bad fortnight and didn't want to post, but you know what ...it was the best thing i ever did.

This is your lifeline , we are your lifeline on here in SR . We love and care for you .you cannot shut yourself away and go through this alone hun , really.

It hurts me to know you are this low , it hurts all of us .

Talking and words are extremely powerful and you need to stay online and talk or do games or something to mentally take you out of your despair .

Drinking at this point will definitely be the worst mistake of your life.

I am so , so proud of you for getting this far with all your challenges mentally .

You cant start self medicating especially now on the seroquel , you know how strong that is!
They are the big guns!

I really feel ( well the majority of us here ) that you may do better under the guidance of another psych.

You are a beautiful , warm , intelligent woman . There has to be other options to alleviate your situation hun.

What do YOU think about changing psychs ?

Have you thought of ringing lifeline at those dire alone down times .

You have my number . No time is a bad time to ring me . I am ALWAYS available .

How can we help you lovely ? xx