# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2013 - Part 9

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-21.html

D
Old 02-04-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm ok, guys....tears, screams, frustration...just about had it....I know a drink won't solve anything (intellectually)...and, yes, this too shall pass....I am just so very tired of it all right now....gonna sign off now...but I will be back on (sober) tomorrow....Thanks, everyone......
Old 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Trudging, I am so very glad to see your response. We all have had, and will have these moments, so we have to remain vigilant. I'm really glad that I have all of you on here. Like DD, I have no other support, so your all I've got. My wife understands, but you know, she is a normie and doesn't really get it. Easier said than done is "just don't drink". It is easier now, and we all have experiences/tools to use for these types of situations.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so happy that you stayed sober, Trudging. We are here for you! At this end, the wine is poured down the drain and the bottle is in the recycle bin, Dee. I am surprised at how much of a "tease" that was for me these last couple of days. We must remain vigilant. I was reading that the people who stay clean and sober for the long term almost always have a line of support even years after they have quit. So, you guys aren't getting rid of me any time soon!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

DD, I'm glad that you decided to pour the temptation down the drain. We had an open bottle of vodka in the house after our Halloween party. We went to a party right around thanksgiving, and I told my wife we needed to take it.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 18, states side:-) Felt like I could have used a drink yesterday with all the trains, planes, and automobiles it took to get to our final destination, but through those thoughts in the garbage and opted for a good old American-sized meal instead. Glad to be back in civilization, so to speak.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SM, welcome back to this side of the pond. It's funny but there were a few things I had to get used to again here in the US. So much fast food and to go food. You couldn't even get coffee to go when I lived in Spain. Traffic lights. Most roads where we lived had Rotundas (traffic circles/roundabouts) in place of lights. I had to get used to sitting at red lights again. The pace. People want everything done yesterday here. Manaņa!

I hope you enjoy your visit here.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Treat yourself to Texmex, breakfast burritos, BBQ, not alcohol, SM. You and your family can enjoy those things together and you will be entirely present for them.

My MIL lives in San Antonio, too, Bilr. I agree with you, though, that Austin is Texas' best city.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OK all...I am here and still sober....Don't know if I told you or not...but, apparently the statute of limitations has run out on the state of CA to file the required document to come after us PERSONALLY for whatever amount they say we owe (which is ALL BS). I have spent the better part of the last couple of weeks locating documentation to support our position that my husband's COMPANY owes nothing. This document collection followed a hearing notice (that I appeal for), based on a final assessment (since my husband ignored the appeal form...ugh! Anyway, we hired an atty, who told us about the statute, which was great, but somehow he TOO seemed to miss an amount that was charged for 2011 (to which the statute would not apply). 3 years would be at the end of this year. So, to make a long story longer, the atty asked when we notified the state of our address in CR. And...wouldn't ya know, my husband never did. Yes, they knew...but he never sent them our new address. Legally, they are just required to send it to the company address (which they did). So, now....we have to deal with the 2011 assessment. Just when I thought it was over....UGH! Well, he is the brawn....I am the brains in this marriage.....I just hate incompetence! Sorry for the rant, and thanks for your support last night....BTW....we still have 2 bottles of wine in the cupboard....never even thought about opening THEM. Vodka was always my DOC. My husband makes a mean breakfast burrito
Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Trudging,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing struggles. Hopefully you can get this all past you in the near future. My wife does not deal with incompetence well either so that has always been an ongoing battle. I'm sure you breakfast was made with extra TLC this morning.

There can be wine and beer in our house and I don't even notice. Like you, Vodka used to be a problem. We have two unopened bottles that my wife bought at Duty Free that she bought just in case we have a party. This is not a problem but I told her that we should not serve hard liquor at our parties. For people who are not used to drinking it, it is a problem, and for people who have a problem, well you know....
Old 02-05-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Billr....just keep thinking "this too shall pass"...just for the record, I make my own breakfasts these days....he used to make burritos for the kids before they went to school.....hmmmmm......
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Trudging, glad you made it through yesterday.

DD and Bilr, congrats to your kids! Hope the news on V-Day is positive!

I'm not sure I have a favorite color. Lately I've been liking all things turquoise/teal, so I'll go with that.

We have been getting so much snow up here that I decided to take the day off. I was in the mood to clean when I woke up, so I figured a self-imposed snow day would be the way to go. I'm so tired of this winter, and I'm dreaming of warm days when I can sit on my balcony with a watermelon mint agua fresca. Maybe I should've moved to Florida or Costa Rica... some of you definitely had the right idea.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SM - that's a Texas-sized American meal, I've heard everything is bigger in Texas...welcome to the states.

Bilr - I was thinking this morning about parties and providing alcohol...I totally agree about serving hard alcohol - maybe any alcohol. I don't know, still figuring it out. I actually hosted a party shortly after I quit. When I went to the store to buy wine and beer (crazy, but I was early in sobriety and a wee bit naive), I stopped in the middle of the aisle and realized I didn't know how much to buy. In the past, I'd buy a bunch and drink it all - easy shopping. While it's not funny, I had to chuckle and shake my head at myself and the situation. That moment was actually quite pivotal in helping me continue down this path.

Trudging - euh, so sorry you're dealing with that bs. I hope you get it straightened out soon and I'm very glad you didn't decide to drink.

Today has been a bit hectic at work, but I'm feeling accomplished. I have a wallpaper guy coming out today for a quote and woke up early to put another coat of paint on the wall (it needs 3!???). Hope everyone's day is going well.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I would like to say no to serving alcohol at parties but that wouldn't fly here. Most people don't have our problem and can deal with it. At our Halloween party, quite a few people started drinking soda or water about halfway through because they had to drive. What's that all about?

I finished doing all the trim today and will start rolling the walls tomorrow. That is actually the easy part and should take little time. Since I'm not working I decided to take my time and pace myself. My wife is the type to finish what she starts as soon as possible. It is probably driving her crazy!

LS, living down here has it's benefits. I got a lot of chuckles today reading all the weather related complaints from friends in the Northeast on Facebook today. Some of these were the same people who said they could never live without the typical season changes. I like wearing shorts and tee shirts all year round.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Gotta agree with you on clothing Billr....like I said...I wear a bathing suit every day! Haven't picked a paint color yet....BUT....hubby and I (after I started talking to him again) re-stuffed 3 pieces of furniture that we were going to PAY to have reupholstered! I'm not crazy about the fabric...but, hey....we made them patio furniture, so who cares???!!! Feeling very accomplished today. Attorney is a bit mad at me though....last night I was so upset, I think I sent him about 3 or 4 e-mails....each time something else came to mind. He just wants me to call him instead of e-mailing. BUT....he sent ME 3 e-mails last night himself (and they were not responses to mine!) Ah well....Pura Vida! Reflection...I don't even go down the alcohol aisles in the stores anymore!
Old 02-05-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can work it all out Trudging

Like I said previously my house is a no alcohol zone...my friends are all old friends and so the visitors I have know my story and respect that...I did have a few people stop visiting, but I figure if alcohol is that important to them, that's ok.

I understand that it's my problem - but it's also my house, and I want to feel safe and comfortable here

D
Old 02-05-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dee, I certainly understand where you are coming from. Sobriety is the most important thing for us so whatever works. I know if I told my wife we need to be alcohol free she would do it. She never drinks unless it is a special occasion, so no biggie for.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in. Miss ya.

Hang in there trudging.

Huge day for me tomorrow. Me vs. insurance giant that is Citizens (government controlled windstorm here in state of Florida). This battle has been 5 months in making. Should be interesting to play lawyer! I'm going in locked and loaded Tobers but I'm sure they've got same on their side. Details later but I'll take any ju-ju mi Tobers got fa me.

Babies!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Driver

D
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good luck, Driver! Good ju-ju is on its way!