# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of January 2014 Part 6

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-21.html

D
Old 02-01-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ace-stay with us and keep going. You can learn from this, and you can just get right back up tomorrow and not drink. Find new ways to fight that voice. It's confident that you'll cave, but you know you don't have to! Even if you have to clench your jaws and get on chat.

Sunny, I've got three kids, too, but mine are 8-19. When I'd had it I used to pack them all up in the car and go for a drive. I'd play some music and hit the highway. Sometimes I'd even stop for a one dollar ice cream cone at Mc Donalds. At least they were all strapped in! Sometimes I still just close my eyes and do nothing-just stop trying to do anything for awhile.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 12 - Up way too early for my liking..4:21 am. Its ok though, headed to a meeting around 9am. accidentally went to an NA meeting last night, doesn't really matter what kind of meeting I go to though as long as all of them have anonymous in the name. Same problems different stories. that makes 4 meetings in 5 days for me, and 1 off the pace I want to set. Have a great day everyone -Superbowl Sunday - Don't drink no matter what!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 12 - got itchy feet today so been out walking - feeling a bit antisocial too but am still going. I'm also bored today - but need to escape my 4 walks for a bit - may pop out to the shops .
Old 02-02-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Meant to say 4 walls
Old 02-02-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Super Bowl Sunday - wishing all of our football fans a fun-filled, sober Sunday. Me (not a sports fanatic), I will take advantage of the celebrations to make my Costco run. No worries of supplies running low, I doubt many of yesterday's shoppers were stocking up on organic salad, apples and veggie wraps!

However you celebrate, let's score a win today - sobriety - 1; AV - 0.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good morning January class. My first post, i think, on the new forum. AV has been strong these past 2 days but haven't broken. Mainly avoiding anyone/thing that can tempt me at this point.

On day 33 right now. I need to make it through the super bowl.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 35 starting here. Feeling good this morning but I've definitely noticed a post-milestone ramp up of AV. A little voice that says something like, "30 days, now what?" I'm just really trying to stay as removed from it as possible. Just observe the AV and not even begin to negotiate with it. I know one thing for sure: this will pass.

I watched the movie About Time last night and while it might be a little schmaltzy for some people's taste, I really recommend it. Had a wonderful message about living in the present. Can't remember enjoying a movie so much in recent memory. Of course, that may be because I can't remember finishing many movies in recent history, but that's another subject.

Best to everyone dealing with Super Bowl social situations and temptations. No matter how today goes, we will be so, so, so glad when we go to bed sober tonight. Even more so waking up tomorrow morning. I can't think of a single memory in the last ten years at least (Super Bowl or otherwise) where I think "wow, I'm SO glad I drank that day." Let's do this, people! Post if you feel like you are getting into trouble. Let us help.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

lol Odelle - I'm going to costco today, too. It's going to be a run on grocery shopping for non-footbal-fans! I'm trying to think of anything else I need to do. If only the DMV was open on Sundays!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Adee, your post sort of put me back on the right track. AV is very loud today, before I even got out of bed. I will be checking in frequently today. I must make it through today. I will be going to the gym in a little while. And perhaps Costco (what good idea). Day 25!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adee View Post
lol Odelle - I'm going to costco today, too. It's going to be a run on grocery shopping for non-footbal-fans! I'm trying to think of anything else I need to do. If only the DMV was open on Sundays!
Lol Adee, I paid my registration online yesterday; so, yes Adee, the DMV is open on Sundays!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Morning everyone! My name is Bruce and I'm an alcoholic, it's day 27, my second time around and God willing, my last day 27. I'm not a huge football fan and our Grey Cup (CFL) was a few months ago, but I know what Super Bowl means to many of my American AA family. On the other hand, the dismal season my Edmonton Oiler's are having is enough to make anyone drink! LOL
Old 02-02-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

15 days and still going strong. Lots of AV talk but that will get better, I know it. Big trip coming up this week but I'm bringing my wife and kids so not overly concerned about slipping. Will have to turn down a drink or two but not the end of the world. Looking fw to a fun adventure overseas with the family. Take care folks!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

Glad I don't have cable anymore. Today would definitely be a big trigger for me with the Superbowl. I always drink when watching sports.... guess that made it fun for me. So at least I haven't had all those commercials (esp Budweiser) in my face. Currently watching The Following on Netflix and have been on GoodReads all morning. I just ordered a Kindle Paperwhite WiFi with the $100 gift card I received for Christmas. $119 and I will have it by Wednesday (with Amazon Prime) I have the old no frills Kindle (which I like except it isn't linked up to GoodReads) and I will give that one back to my mom (she had been borrowing it). This is my gift to myself for January. And also an encouragement to keep on with my love of reading before bed instead of being too drunk to read and passing out into bed. It's been so fun to get back to reading and I'm impressed with how the online library checkout has grown so I don't have to wait weeks for each book. That along with free Amazon books gives me plenty to read. I'm also making a crockpot meal of chicken, mushrooms, peas, onions, celery and cream of chicken. To eat today and take to work tomorrow and the next day.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi All

I haven't checked in for awhile...

Truth be told I have slipped a few times, but I am back on track.

Nothing earth shattering... A couple glasses of wine with dinner when I was out, and one night three glasses at home. I want to stay with my January class if you all will still have me...

Had my last drink (again) on the 30th.... Why do I keep flirting with this?? I felt fine not continuing to drink when I did have a few... But it's just dangerous for me to think it will remain so...

Back at it...
Old 02-02-2014, 10:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Welcome back Kat! No one here will judge you, just give you support.... keep coming back...
Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks cowboy!!! That is so appreciated!!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Kat, glad you are sticking with us. Marymacsmith - you can do this. Take a page out of gypsyheart's book and make sure you have lots of gifts to yourself today - things that support what you DO want to do, not just focusing on what you don't want to do. I know for me I get into trouble when I only focus on what I'm denying myself - I need to be cognizant of what else I CAN do instead.

One of my kids just gave me this: a colored pencil picture she drew of a lamp turned on in the middle of blackness. On the lampshade she wrote: Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. -- Albus Dumbledore. She is a keeper.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfvictory View Post
good morning January class. My first post, i think, on the new forum. AV has been strong these past 2 days but haven't broken. Mainly avoiding anyone/thing that can tempt me at this point.

On day 33 right now. I need to make it through the super bowl.
A lot of us are, hang in there!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=GypsyHeart;444594 And also an encouragement to keep on with my love of reading before bed instead of being too drunk to read and passing out into bed. [/QUOTE]

I really missed reading as well....

Going to watch the bowl after dvring it and then waiting a half hour then zooming through the treacherous commercials!

Dinner sounds good!