Notices

IPhone apps for getting to sleep

Old 01-30-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

IPhone apps for getting to sleep

Does anyone know of any good ones? I used to listen to classical music to try to get to sleep - but I wonder if there is something even better to listen to, around 10 pm each night.

Thanks,

Kelly
Old 04-13-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm an Android user but I imagine the Rain Sounds app is available for iPhone too. There's a selection of sounds to choose from. My favourites are rain on a tent and rain in a forest. I find it very soothing. It's probably the app I use most on my phone. If that doesn't work for you, white noise works for a lot of people. Hope this helps.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

White noise, meaning a fan. Right?

That's what I use. and ear plugs.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kelly I absolutely love downloading podcasts and audiobooks to help me sleep. I just finished "Around the World in 80 days" recently. A calm, comforting narrator takes you through the stories which can quiet your mind as you're trying to fall asleep.

A really great podcast is Dan Carlin's history series: Dan Carlin - Podcasts, Merchandise, Blog, and Community Website - his podcasts, on low volume, are bound to put you to sleep. They are HOURS long and detail the finer points of history. He recently did a great series on the Mongol Empire and is currently doing a nice series on WWI. You can download them from his site for free. I definitely recommend it - I was once on a plane with a fellow passenger, and he was also listening to Dan Carlin to sleep on the plane.

There is also a great series on iTunes called "Classic Tales" podcasts by BJ Harrison. He reads some great old stories and they also help me fall asleep as well.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i use these two mainly:

Brainhack
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brai...295462503?mt=8

Sleep Pillow
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/slee...410351918?mt=8

I can also second the audiobook and podcast idea, though that has backfired a couple of times when the book got too interesting its probably best to listen to something youve already read. I love listening to Stephen Fry, he reads the british harry potter books on audio.

Also, Paul McKenna's "I can make you sleep" really does knock me out.. i dont know if its actually the suggestions that are working or just the fact that he is soooo boring he puts you to sleep