# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 7

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 01-27-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eugh - just wrote a long reply and it's disappeared !! grrr will try again later
Old 01-27-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey ladies - so far my morning is going well - I'm out and about in my car - it's blue skies (although fookin freezing) and I'm feeling positive . Day 6 and still determined and feeling so much better after a really nice night with my hubby. Maybe we will be ok after all

Oh Dolly - I love spanx so much! Mine go from my knees to just under my boobs and nothing moves! Haha - they're a tad restrictive for sure but who needs oxygen when you have a waistline .

As for our move - we're sea freighting our stuff over and our crazy pooch will get to go on a plane - luckily my hubby's company covers this expense so that's all good - did you get sorted for work today newstar?

How are you doing today bebetter?

Did everyone else have a nice weekend?
Old 01-27-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey guys
No Sarah it's 9.25pm and I'm still not organised for work, and I have to have both girls ready and out of the house by 6.15am! Eeek!! Luckily I get to take my 5 year old with me to work, that's one less drop off. Glad you're feeling positive.

Dolly haha I've never owned spanx or however you spell it. I just let it all hang out! Or wear a "flowy" top. Lol

Should really get back to labelling school stuff.

Oh and Sarah great going on day 6!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey ladies
I went to an AA meeting yesterday and it was nice. It's kind of like relax time for me. New Star I enjoy the AA meetings, but I don't go as often anymore. I like that it's just a bunch of people supporting each other with the same goal in mind. It's a lot like these forums, only it's in person. I am a little frustrated with the people in my group though. I'm having a very difficult time finding a sponsor. Other than that, I just had a nice relaxing weekend with my hubby and my baby.

I tried Spanx after I had my baby, but they didn't really work! Stuff still just kinda spilled over. Luckily I'm starting to lose some of that baby fat!

Bebetter, how are you doing?

Stay sober ladies!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Can I join you?

I am a mom to 3 girls, ages 1, 4 and 7. I a sober about a week and a half and have been in and out of AA for many years. I am going to meetings again and am very grateful for them.

I am still struggling. Being a stay at home mom, I have a certain period of the day every day where I have "free time" when my youngest goes down for a big nap and my other 2 are in school. I start obsessing over drinking at this time every day. It really scares me. I cannot afford a slip, or my husband will have me legally removed from the house (again). It is so important I stay sober. I am literally counting down the hours til my AA meeting tonight. It's the only time I feel comfortable and not so ashamed of myself.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Freethinking, how are you doing? I'm only on day 6 myself and am doing this for many reasons - have you got anything you could fill your free time with to keep your mind off drinking?

Hey Zelda - what's up with your aa group? I've never been to a meeting - I guess I've just relied on myself and SR - I'll see how I get on though and will keep an open mind to aa

Hope everyone's ok today - I'm currently in the hairdressers trying to sort my roots out - my hair needs a bloooody good chop too - I guess i'm just trying to cheer myself up a bit.

Good luck with your 6.15am start tomorrow newstar
Old 01-27-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

freethinking - thanks for joining us! I love this group of women - so supportive and kind...

I'm a mess. I lost it with the kids this morning and just raged on and on.... can't take the talk back from my 4 year old, but really, she's a good kid and I just don't have the patience I need right now. Was planning to go to a class at the gym, but the little one is sick, and I don't want to take her to the child care. Thinking I'm coming down with the same thing. Ugh. I'm going to do the miscarriage on Friday and while it's not in the forefront of my head all the time, I know it's weighing on me. Having issues with my MIL - she's just so... I don't know, a pain in the ass. Basically, my husband's family has loads of money and we do not. Hubby is a teacher and I work just a few hours a week at the local library. I have a master's degree in library science and could get a full time job and then we'd have much more money, but we chose for me to stay home and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I consider us lucky that we can do this. Anyway, we live in a tiny little house on a beautiful piece of property (it borders a state park!), and we are planning to add a second bathroom and gut our kitchen and first bathroom to redo them. My MIL is pissy about that, saying we're wasting our money. They want to give us some 200,000 to knock down our little farmhouse and build a big new house. Sounds great, in theory, but we know we would not be happy doing that. It would really take away our pride and sense of adulthood to take that kind of money from parents - it just doesn't feel right. And she always has to be all rude about the "dump of a house" that we live in. When, honestly, when you think about what lots of people have to live in all over the world, we are blessed. It gets on my nerves....

I'm in a mood today...
Old 01-27-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I All...

Welcome Freethinking! Glad you are joining us, you will find all these ladies incredibly supportive, and this group at SR has been my lifeline for the past (almost 9 months now) several months.

Zelda...glad you liked the meeting. I still would like to go to one, but the area meeting times don't really fit into our schedule.

Bebetter....I have had days like that myself. Days when I snap at my little girl and yell at her. Sometimes she deserves it, but I still wish I could control myself better and not yell sometimes.

Sarah...glad your day is going well, and you are getting rid of the "elephant in the room"! Makes things so much more comfortable.

New Star...out of the house by 6:15? Wow, that must take some doing:-) I am lucky if I don't need a crane to get my 7 year old out of bed by 6:15!:-)

Anyway...just a quick check in, suppose I should get back to work:-)
Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome freethinking! We are all here to help and many of us are in the same boat as you are. I am also a stay at home mom to a 5 month old and I'm 8 months sober. It can be challenging sometimes because you can so easily slip away to buy alcohol and you're constantly thinking "Maybe I can get away with it this time" or "Maybe I'll only have 1 or 2 just to take the edge off". But then we find ourselves in that same awful spot and we're full of guilt and remorse. That's what happens to me anyway. I'm glad you're attending AA. It has really worked for me. A few other things that have worked for me are 1. Keeping a journal. 2. Writing down something I'm grateful for every day (here is the link to my gratitude list: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4432530) 3. Showing my receipts to my husband any time I buy something (keeps me accountable) 4. Making a list of all the bad times I've had with alcohol and then referencing it any time I get the urge to drink and 5. Keeping busy during my downtime. I've started to exercise and I've taken up photography as a hobby. I always have something to do to keep my mind off stuff. Feel free to PM me any time

Bebetter it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Is there any way you could leave the kids with someone for an hour or so you can just have some downtime? It sounds like your MIL is a pain in the ass. Have you ever told her how you feel about the comments she makes?

Sarah I really enjoy AA. It has helped me immensely. I'm just having a hard time finding a sponsor I can really stick with. I've had 3 sponsors in the past 10 months and none of them have really worked for me. I feel like I can't relate to them or I just can't get in touch with them. Sometimes I feel like my AA group is a little cliquish too. A lot of it is my fault. I've always had a hard time making friends.

Well, break time is over. Baby once again REFUSES to take a nap!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey bebetter - Zelda is right your mother in law sounds like a pain in the hole! Just ignore her if you can - if you're happy then who gives a crap what anybody else thinks - good for you for sticking to your guns I say . I also have a soon to be 4 yr old with a smart mouth - it's tiring and I lose it with him a lot - especially as he has my hubby wrapped around his little pinkey! I refuse to have bratt-children so i have to bring him back in kind often - it's all so draining though - I would rather not have to tell at him but hey ho. Hope you find your feet soon and all the best for Friday - sending you huge hugs for that xx

Zelda 8 months is great - good for you! My youngest is 10 months and starting to try and crawl - I'll be grey before I'm 34

Anyways - my tea is ready so I'll check in later going to get my sons of anarchy fix
Old 01-27-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh and freethinking - you'll be right at home here - these ladies are fantastic - so supportive and you never feel alone - keep posting it'll help
Old 01-27-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome free! Glad you're here. Sounds like a tough time for you but together we can do this! Zelda you've been sober 8 months that's great! Good tips too
Bebetter your MIL sounds like a pain! Understand what you're saying.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I also snap at my 5 year old a lot she can be a real pain!!

Sarah hope all going well enjoy your tv, have never watched that show myself is it good?
Ok 6am here better go to work.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey newstar - hope works going well after your time off . Sons of anarchy is good so far - we've watched the first 4 episodes and I'm hooked - something totally different to watch. Have you seen house of cards or orange is the new black ? Both of those are fab too

Anyways sounds like my oldest is having nightmares so best shoot - hope everyone's good xx
Old 01-27-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

No I haven't seen that either Sarah. Work is great, just taken the kids for a swim. My eldest has nightmares too, awful aren't they?! Hope you have a peaceful night
Old 01-28-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey mums,

How are we all today? I am sat in the office eating tea cakes - mmmm.... really really need to do some exercise today / this week! Just can't be arsed !

Today is day 7 and I'm feeling so much better already - I guess my main feeling is hope right now - hope that I can do this and hope that I never see my neighbours again

Oh - I saw a fab post here yesterday about realising how totally awesome you are and it really made me smile and think. I always thought booze gave me confidence and made me funny. - now I know it took my confidence and made me rude and obnoxious. It really made me think about my own awesomeness sober haha - just wanted to share as we should all see our own positives instead of just focusing on our failures

Ooooh gotta shoot
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sarah, I'm feeling hope too. Glad things are looking brighter and you're feeling better. I saw that post too and thought about it. I can relate to it, but need to work on the confidence factor without alcohol. Guess we all do!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I defo need to work in my self confidence too - I just thought it was a nice upbeat post

The suns out today - it's nice - gives me hope the warmer weather isn't too far away now - having a nice day so far - just some me time tiring up loose ends now that I'm out of the office

I will exercise this avo too!!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Good afternoon! And thanks for the welcome!!

My husband is working from home today, so no cravings to drink (I am too scared to even attempt to drink around him). I do really need to work on what I do around here when there is a lull in the day.

I asked someone to be my temp sponsor yesterday, but she says she doesn't have enough time. I understood, but am frustrated that I now have to ask someone else. I wish one would just magically appear on my doorstep

Agree on the TV shows discussed above! Loved Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black especially.

Hope everyone has a great day!